Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Largely gave up watching QT 22:52 - Feb 20 with 18630 viewsBluefish

Because I wa sick of the brexit loop. Back on it tonight but it is still ridiculous gammons

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Largely gave up watching QT on 22:53 - Feb 20 with 5614 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

QT is rubbish.

It's just Twitter madness on tv.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Largely gave up watching QT on 09:24 - Feb 21 with 5413 viewsBrianTablet

Listening to a random group of members of the public stating their randomly held beliefs based on random evidence to a random group of MPs/celebs responding with their own randomly held beliefs based on random evidence isn't really going to get us anywhere. All this chaired by a random presenter who interjects with their own random beliefs.

If the BBC began a version of QT but with added facts and evidence, I think it might be a winner.

I love watching and listening to debates and discussions between knowledgeable people. It allows me to be swayed from my preconceptions and come to a rational viewpoint on issues.

Roll on QT+.....

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Largely gave up watching QT on 09:54 - Feb 21 with 5366 viewsBluefish

Half of her relatives probably live in Spain

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:07 - Feb 21 with 5317 viewsWeWereZombies

Largely gave up watching QT on 09:54 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

C'mon, she's got it right. Well, in the closing statement anyway about having to pay before you get treatment in the USA. Obviously that is where our medics are going wrong, obeying the Hippocratic Oath and treating people straight away...

She also overstated the population by a million and attributed it to England when I think the figures she inflated were for the United Kingdom as a whole.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:09 - Feb 21 with 5313 viewsBluefish

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:07 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

C'mon, she's got it right. Well, in the closing statement anyway about having to pay before you get treatment in the USA. Obviously that is where our medics are going wrong, obeying the Hippocratic Oath and treating people straight away...

She also overstated the population by a million and attributed it to England when I think the figures she inflated were for the United Kingdom as a whole.

She has got it right by saying close our borders and keep the nasty foreigners away? She is a horrible ****

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:16 - Feb 21 with 5290 viewsWeWereZombies

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:09 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

She has got it right by saying close our borders and keep the nasty foreigners away? She is a horrible ****

I'm going to have to make my whooshes more obvious in future I guess...

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:18 - Feb 21 with 5287 viewsEnigma_Blue

Largely gave up watching QT on 22:53 - Feb 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

QT is rubbish.

It's just Twitter madness on tv.

The BBC on the whole is rubbish, why some people continue to pay their TV license to fund this odious organisation is beyond me.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 11:33]
Largely gave up watching QT on 11:19 - Feb 21 with 5272 viewsBluefish

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:16 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

I'm going to have to make my whooshes more obvious in future I guess...

Ah.....awks

Login to get fewer ads

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:25 - Feb 21 with 5244 viewsWeWereZombies

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:18 - Feb 21 by Enigma_Blue

The BBC on the whole is rubbish, why some people continue to pay their TV license to fund this odious organisation is beyond me.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 11:33]

The British Broadcasting Corporation is a mixed bag, for every dismal 'Question Time' there are wonderful documentary series like 'Storyville', to lose those would be a tragedy. As with all media being open to new influences but being selective in what you continue to listen to is vital. Take the Ian Wright 'Desert Island Discs' repeated this morning - the only one of his record choices I would listen to again is 'Redemption Song' (although the Stormzy might have lifted the lid a little for me) but the talk in between was riveting and you go away from something like that thinking differently about football, and life as well.

Don't ever give into this 'ditch the licence fee' nonsense, we will all be the poorer for it if it happens.

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:39 - Feb 21 with 5207 viewsSwansea_Blue

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:07 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

And of course she’s right that you have to pay at point of service for hospital treatment in every other country. Well, except for the 30 countries in the EEA and all the others where we have reciprocal healthcare arrangements- https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/healthcare-abroad/healthcare-when-travelling-ab

The Daily Mail is strong in that one. Horrible, ignorant views of the type that are sadly far too prevalent in this country at the moment.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Largely gave up watching QT on 12:28 - Feb 21 with 5166 viewsflimflam

Gave up watching it ages ago but watched last nights as like Michael Portillo who shows how poor modern day politicians are.

Also dislike Fiona Bruce who Portillo brushed aside with ease each time she tried to butt in.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:05 - Feb 21 with 5121 viewsHARRY10

Largely gave up watching QT on 09:54 - Feb 21 by Bluefish

Strange contribution.

Are the BBC being intimidated to show all arguments irrespective of their validity ? If so, what next. Some peadophile putting the case that chidren enjoy it ?

As all nonsense like this does is to further polarise views - as this is what a huge number of brexiteers really think. And how the vast majority of Remainers see them as 'ill informed idiots'.

And while I appreaciate (and would welcome) a more fact based programme I fear that as I has said before, no evidence would sway such bigots. Allowing people with such closed minds to be involved in such decisions was never going to work.

And before folk bleat about democracy.....that does not mean that they are judged by a jury where some will ignore the evidence and bring in a guilty version because of the accuseds skin colour, heart surgery where relatives get to vote of what procedures they would like or on a local bus service a passenger vote has to be taken on every roundabout, junction etc.

The genie is out of the bottle - thickos now believe the right to have a vote does not come with the responsibility to inform yourself about what you are voting for.
Largely gave up watching QT on 13:12 - Feb 21 with 5111 viewsEnigma_Blue

Largely gave up watching QT on 11:25 - Feb 21 by WeWereZombies

The British Broadcasting Corporation is a mixed bag, for every dismal 'Question Time' there are wonderful documentary series like 'Storyville', to lose those would be a tragedy. As with all media being open to new influences but being selective in what you continue to listen to is vital. Take the Ian Wright 'Desert Island Discs' repeated this morning - the only one of his record choices I would listen to again is 'Redemption Song' (although the Stormzy might have lifted the lid a little for me) but the talk in between was riveting and you go away from something like that thinking differently about football, and life as well.

Don't ever give into this 'ditch the licence fee' nonsense, we will all be the poorer for it if it happens.

This as an organisation that turned a blind eye to the abuse suffered by many children at the hands of Jimmy Saville & Stuart Hall. It' news reporting is completely biased, it's more opinion dressed up as fact. Doesn't even try to hide it's left wing & remainder bias even though it is supposed to be politically neutral. That horrible histories documentary that they chose to re show again on the day we left the EU this time fronted by Nish Kumar was a disgrace, factually incorrect and deliberately misleading.
Yes there is the odd decent program but they are few and far between. They should introduce a subscription service so If people who like the BBC like yourself wish to go fund it & pay for their services then fine but nobody should be forced to pay.
Largely gave up watching QT on 13:16 - Feb 21 with 5097 viewsHARRY10

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:12 - Feb 21 by Enigma_Blue

This as an organisation that turned a blind eye to the abuse suffered by many children at the hands of Jimmy Saville & Stuart Hall. It' news reporting is completely biased, it's more opinion dressed up as fact. Doesn't even try to hide it's left wing & remainder bias even though it is supposed to be politically neutral. That horrible histories documentary that they chose to re show again on the day we left the EU this time fronted by Nish Kumar was a disgrace, factually incorrect and deliberately misleading.
Yes there is the odd decent program but they are few and far between. They should introduce a subscription service so If people who like the BBC like yourself wish to go fund it & pay for their services then fine but nobody should be forced to pay.

Have you been at the Mail again...or maybe you've a few lines of the Express ?

You'll be rolling around biting the carpet if you are not careful.
Largely gave up watching QT on 13:22 - Feb 21 with 5086 viewsWeWereZombies

Take away the licence fee based funding and just watch the United Kingdom's television degenerate into the turgid drivel you are subjected to in the United States or Spain, do not for a minute think I will not blame you and any others who support it. Take your point about Saville, quite fortunate to have film makers like Louis Theroux around to kick off the questions around his activities rather than Prime Ministers like Margaret Thatcher welcoming Saville into Number Ten:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Louis_Met...

You may like to reconsider your opinions in the light of that documentary series being on BBC Two.

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:26 - Feb 21 with 5082 viewsr2d2

Calm down. Go have a lay down. You will bust a stitch if you arnt careful.
Largely gave up watching QT on 13:27 - Feb 21 with 5080 viewsitfcjoe

Give over

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:42 - Feb 21 with 5054 viewsBluefish

Ooh tell us more about your views

Tell us your views on the eu and also on Weatherspoons pubs

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:43 - Feb 21 with 5053 viewsEnigma_Blue

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:27 - Feb 21 by itfcjoe

Give over

Brilliant response!
If anything I stated is factually incorrect please feel free to highlight it.
Largely gave up watching QT on 13:49 - Feb 21 with 5037 viewsBluefish

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:43 - Feb 21 by Enigma_Blue

Brilliant response!

The bias is factually incorrect, it is not a fact it is just your opinion....actually it probably isn't yours, it will be the opinion of the mail that you are repeating

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:50 - Feb 21 with 5037 viewsitfcjoe

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:43 - Feb 21 by Enigma_Blue

Brilliant response!

"Doesn't even try to hide it's left wing & remainder [sic] bias even though it is supposed to be politically neutral."

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Largely gave up watching QT on 13:57 - Feb 21 with 5013 viewsHARRY10

"If anything I stated is factually incorrect please feel free to highlight it. "

take the quoted post as highlighted
[Post edited 21 Feb 2020 14:01]
Largely gave up watching QT on 13:58 - Feb 21 with 5012 viewsRyorry

Largely gave up watching QT on 09:24 - Feb 21 by BrianTablet

Listening to a random group of members of the public stating their randomly held beliefs based on random evidence to a random group of MPs/celebs responding with their own randomly held beliefs based on random evidence isn't really going to get us anywhere. All this chaired by a random presenter who interjects with their own random beliefs.

If the BBC began a version of QT but with added facts and evidence, I think it might be a winner.

I love watching and listening to debates and discussions between knowledgeable people. It allows me to be swayed from my preconceptions and come to a rational viewpoint on issues.

Roll on QT+.....

Half-heard 'Any Questions?" on R4 last 2 weeks, seemed a couple of divisions above QT (tho wasn't giving it my full attention either week).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Largely gave up watching QT on 14:04 - Feb 21 with 4993 viewsm14_blue

The indoctrination is strong in this one.

What a load of bobbins.
Largely gave up watching QT on 14:07 - Feb 21 with 4985 viewsRyorry

Largely gave up watching QT on 12:28 - Feb 21 by flimflam

Gave up watching it ages ago but watched last nights as like Michael Portillo who shows how poor modern day politicians are.

Also dislike Fiona Bruce who Portillo brushed aside with ease each time she tried to butt in.

Agree about both. Portillo must be the winner by a country mile in the "politician most improved as a human being by leaving politics" stakes! I have a lot of respect for him now.

I always liked F. Bruce as a presenter until she started on QT - she's been a disaster on that - still hasn't fully cottoned on to the fact that she's the referee, not a player in the game.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024