Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holy grail 08:34 - Feb 2 with 3655 viewsBrowsie

Why is Norris picked week in week out regardless of the numerous mistakes he makes? Holy is OUR player and much more commanding in the box. He is passionate about our mighty town
Holy grail on 08:38 - Feb 2 with 3635 viewsBlueToad

I assume there are financial penalties written into his loan contract that the club would be on the hook for if he doesn't play.

Pathetic isn't it?!

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

Holy grail on 10:27 - Feb 2 with 3536 viewsITFC_Forever

It’s pretty obvious why. Wolves are pulling the strings.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Holy grail on 10:28 - Feb 2 with 3530 viewsHerbivore

I think it's probably down to our manager being utterly clueless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Holy grail on 10:42 - Feb 2 with 3517 viewsHARRY10

Holy grail on 10:27 - Feb 2 by ITFC_Forever

It’s pretty obvious why. Wolves are pulling the strings.

That's about it.

We get Norris on loan on the condition he plays x amount of games.

They have the money we don't. So they decide.
Holy grail on 11:15 - Feb 2 with 3497 viewsKropotkin123

Holy is miles better in terms of organising his defence, commanding his area and doing the simple things right. In addition to that he is our player and proud to play for the club. Him not starting is stupid.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Holy grail on 11:24 - Feb 2 with 3488 viewsJDB23

Holy grail on 08:38 - Feb 2 by BlueToad

I assume there are financial penalties written into his loan contract that the club would be on the hook for if he doesn't play.

Pathetic isn't it?!

If this is true it shows the absolute state of the decision makers at our club. Get a player in who you don't really know how he is going to perform and through the contract, make him undroppable before he's even kicked a ball.

Funny how we never seem to negotiate these clauses for our young players going out on loan.

I do suspect this is more down to Lambert being a complete tool, though.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 11:26]
Holy grail on 11:25 - Feb 2 with 3485 viewsSomethingBlue

It's strange. What I would say is that we must not scapegoat Norris. Be kind to him. Holy could play the next 17 games and get injured, then we'll need a sharp and confident Norris in the play-off final. Often you reap what you sow.

At the same time, that is exactly what's happened with Lambert's decision not to play Holy. I don't consider TH a world beater but the defence looks far more secure with him behind them and I cannot remember him costing us many, if any, goals over the first half of the season. Time to get him in and keep him in now.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 11:26]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Holy grail on 11:29 - Feb 2 with 3471 viewsLankHenners

Holy grail on 08:38 - Feb 2 by BlueToad

Pathetic isn't it?!

We'll do the same with Folami, El Mizouni etc. and have done with Downes, Woolfenden etc. before. If you're sending someone out to be developed you want them to play.

The problem is a (part) reliance on the loan system as you back yourself into a corner. It's why Mick always said about using the loan market to get a quality player we couldn't otherwise afford. It's also easier if they're an outfield player as they can come in and out and still get a reasonable amount of game time.

Doing it for goalkeepers seems something to avoid for me as you get stuck in the situation we're in where we're playing an inferior player to avoid a fine because you can't (though Lambert tried his best) keep switching 'keepers in and out as it's more destructive to the defensive unit.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Holy grail on 11:33 - Feb 2 with 3450 viewsJDB23

Holy grail on 11:29 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

We'll do the same with Folami, El Mizouni etc. and have done with Downes, Woolfenden etc. before. If you're sending someone out to be developed you want them to play.

The problem is a (part) reliance on the loan system as you back yourself into a corner. It's why Mick always said about using the loan market to get a quality player we couldn't otherwise afford. It's also easier if they're an outfield player as they can come in and out and still get a reasonable amount of game time.

Doing it for goalkeepers seems something to avoid for me as you get stuck in the situation we're in where we're playing an inferior player to avoid a fine because you can't (though Lambert tried his best) keep switching 'keepers in and out as it's more destructive to the defensive unit.

I'm not sure we actually do the same. Downes and Woolfenden got games because they are good players. Did Nydam even get a start when he went out on loan? I'm sure there are others who have had pointless loan spells.

No sane manager would agree to being shoehorned into his selection unless that player was clearly above the level he is playing at.
Holy grail on 11:36 - Feb 2 with 3438 viewsLankHenners

Holy grail on 11:33 - Feb 2 by JDB23

I'm not sure we actually do the same. Downes and Woolfenden got games because they are good players. Did Nydam even get a start when he went out on loan? I'm sure there are others who have had pointless loan spells.

No sane manager would agree to being shoehorned into his selection unless that player was clearly above the level he is playing at.

In the same way that Wolves are to us, we are to those types of teams, i.e. we're big enough to demand it. The players have to earn their right to play of course but we'd be stupid not to lean on the other club a bit to try and force it a little.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Holy grail on 12:29 - Feb 2 with 3373 viewsmanchego

I just saw their 2nd goal.
Holy F***
Holy grail on 13:26 - Feb 2 with 3307 viewsPinewoodblue

Presumably Wolves are still paying a significant part of his wages, in return we have agreed if he doesn’t play a certain number of games we will pay a penalty.

To my mind the question we should be asking is did we really need to take him on loan in the first place. Norris is an example of Lambert’s blunders.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Holy grail on 13:30 - Feb 2 with 3294 viewsmanchego

Holy grail on 13:26 - Feb 2 by Pinewoodblue

Presumably Wolves are still paying a significant part of his wages, in return we have agreed if he doesn’t play a certain number of games we will pay a penalty.

To my mind the question we should be asking is did we really need to take him on loan in the first place. Norris is an example of Lambert’s blunders.

It reminds me of the Marshall / Serini business.
That craziness didn't help our season.
Holy grail on 13:32 - Feb 2 with 3284 viewssparks

Holy grail on 13:26 - Feb 2 by Pinewoodblue

We had a first choice keeper. We had youngsters who could step in, in an emergency. At most we should have signed an experienced lower league guy as backup.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Holy grail on 13:36 - Feb 2 with 3272 viewsPinewoodblue

Holy grail on 13:32 - Feb 2 by sparks

We had a first choice keeper. We had youngsters who could step in, in an emergency. At most we should have signed an experienced lower league guy as backup.

Have to assume that Lambert had doubts about Holy hence spending his limited resources on a keeper who adds nothing to the squad and is currently costing us points.

2023 year of destiny

Holy grail on 13:38 - Feb 2 with 3262 viewsHerbivore

Holy grail on 13:36 - Feb 2 by Pinewoodblue

Have to assume that Lambert had doubts about Holy hence spending his limited resources on a keeper who adds nothing to the squad and is currently costing us points.

Although he then played Holy consistently for the first quarter of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Holy grail on 13:40 - Feb 2 with 3258 viewsPinewoodblue

Holy grail on 13:38 - Feb 2 by Herbivore

Although he then played Holy consistently for the first quarter of the season.

Lambert’s judgement is difficult to understand. Enough reason not to have given him the contract he wanted.

2023 year of destiny

Holy grail on 13:42 - Feb 2 with 3252 viewshype313

Holy grail on 13:36 - Feb 2 by Pinewoodblue

Or as others have said, he has got his hands tied behind his back from Wolves.

God forbid the club to risk a financial penalty for the sake of promotion...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Holy grail on 14:08 - Feb 2 with 3222 viewsPhilTWTD

Holy grail on 11:33 - Feb 2 by JDB23

We do, Stuart Hayton confirmed that was the case on Life's a Pitch last week.
Holy grail on 14:11 - Feb 2 with 3212 viewsJDB23

Holy grail on 14:08 - Feb 2 by PhilTWTD

We do, Stuart Hayton confirmed that was the case on Life's a Pitch last week.

So why did Nydam barely get a game then, or were St Johnstone happy to pay the penalty?
Holy grail on 14:19 - Feb 2 with 3201 viewshype313

Holy grail on 14:11 - Feb 2 by JDB23

So why did Nydam barely get a game then, or were St Johnstone happy to pay the penalty?

I should imagine the penalty would be related to the players wages, so if we get hit with one from Wolves, it could be quite pricey, St Johnstone were happy to pay for a mars bar and some scampi fries.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Holy grail on 14:20 - Feb 2 with 3195 viewsPhilTWTD

Holy grail on 14:11 - Feb 2 by JDB23

Presumably.
Holy grail on 17:27 - Feb 2 with 3104 viewsITFC_Forever

Holy grail on 11:29 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

The trouble is with the loan system, and the loaning club calling the shots is that players are getting game time and make mistakes on our time. We have to suffer the consequences of their mistakes with no long-term benefit to us.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024