Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge, Huws & Downes 19:54 - Jan 11 with 1253 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Really encouraging from those 3 as a trio in there. For all of Huws' quality on the ball, I sometimes forget just how much of a physical presence he is in there too... rarely gets outmuscled or loses a header.

Downes and Huws are both very good at shielding the ball too. Lovely to watch a player protect the ball by getting their bodies in between man and ball.

Judge was decent today. Popped up all over the pitch - looks like the player who played at the tip of a diamond for us last season. He really looks in the mood in the 10 role - hopefully Lambert persists with him there and doesn't change things.

Quick mention on Woolfenden, Chambers and Edwards who I thought all had a very good game today. One change/upgrade I'd make to this system is an upgrade on Wilson and move Chambers into the middle, Wolf to the right and a left footed lad on the left side (the Everton boy linked?) but apart from that, fantastic stuff.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Judge, Huws & Downes on 20:02 - Jan 11 with 1215 viewsChrisd

The midfield had the changing of the guard feel for me. Where we relied so much on Skuse in the past, I think Huws and Downes are showing they are our central midfield pairing in going forwards. Judge played well too in his favoured position, but with Bishop waiting in the wings PL can continue to ease the Bish back in that No.10 role. Very encouraging signs. Hopefully PL can see this too and stops with the need to tinker, it benefits no one!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Judge, Huws & Downes on 20:37 - Jan 11 with 1106 viewsitfcjoe

Judge, Huws & Downes on 20:02 - Jan 11 by Chrisd

The midfield had the changing of the guard feel for me. Where we relied so much on Skuse in the past, I think Huws and Downes are showing they are our central midfield pairing in going forwards. Judge played well too in his favoured position, but with Bishop waiting in the wings PL can continue to ease the Bish back in that No.10 role. Very encouraging signs. Hopefully PL can see this too and stops with the need to tinker, it benefits no one!

Skuse has been a great servant to us, but we are so much more mobile and fluid without him in there. He still has a role to play but shouldn't be a regular starter for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Judge, Huws & Downes on 20:45 - Jan 11 with 1073 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Judge, Huws & Downes on 20:37 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

Skuse has been a great servant to us, but we are so much more mobile and fluid without him in there. He still has a role to play but shouldn't be a regular starter for me

A lot more forward thinking and passing down the middle of the pitch without him there too. Still a role like you say, but time to progress with fresh ideas in the middle.

Few games I'd select him in. Peterborough home would be the next time I'd see him start - keep Marcus Maddison quiet.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Judge, Huws & Downes on 21:00 - Jan 11 with 1025 viewsChrisd

Judge, Huws & Downes on 20:37 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

Today showed that up for me Joe, we looked far better. I was surprised in a way that PL didn't put Dozzell on instead of Skuse, the game was done. Give Dozzell some more game time.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 7:09]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Judge, Huws & Downes on 21:02 - Jan 11 with 1017 viewsPilgrimblue

Judge, Huws & Downes on 20:45 - Jan 11 by IPSWICHFANITFC

A lot more forward thinking and passing down the middle of the pitch without him there too. Still a role like you say, but time to progress with fresh ideas in the middle.

Few games I'd select him in. Peterborough home would be the next time I'd see him start - keep Marcus Maddison quiet.

The three today were excellent so wouldn't change them whoever we play. Skuse needs too much time so any momentum is lost. His through ball today was v poor. Both huws and Flynn are box to box so why pick Skuse when you have 343.
Huws is looking good and will score soon.
Judge, Huws & Downes on 21:48 - Jan 11 with 936 viewsSWGF

Two full internationals and one U20 England player. They should be good enough for most/all midfields in the league if they stay fit. All progressive with the ball and only look backwards if there really is no other pass to play.

Think we're seeing Skuse being phased out, gently. Huws/Downes can do his job and more, and swap roles/responsibilities.

Two league games in a row for Huws is a great sight. Let's hope he and Judge were taken off to see if they can handle two in four days.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024