Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’d like to see another formation change 12:36 - Jan 5 with 754 viewspointofblue

3-5-2 doesn’t work; we haven’t put in a good performance with it this season, we lack width due to it and more often than not we’ve had to switch to something else at some point due to it’s failings. It’s the same with sudden 3-4-3 we played yesterday.

4-4-2 worked earlier in the season but we again lack to width to see it work well. Further to this we end up outnumbered in the middle of the park as teams adjust to our approach.

4-3-3 hasn’t had as much of a run out as I would have liked. We dominated Coventry for 45 minutes and Bristol Rovers for a large portion of the game with it despite only picking up one point of sux, and the latter result was largely due playing Skuse at right back.

I’d like us to return to that next week and have a good run with it. Let the players adapt to the style and grow an understanding with one another.

Holy
Donacien - Woolfenden - Chambers - Garbutt
Downes - Dozzell - Nolan
Sears - Keane - Jackson

Substitutes: Norris, Wilson, Skuse, Bishop, Dobra, Judge, Norwood

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I’d like to see another formation change on 13:18 - Jan 5 with 704 viewsHerbivore

I definitely think that system and front three is the way forward. Midfield has lots of options, I'd prefer either Huws or Skuse over Nolan currently and would like to see Bishop getting involved too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I’d like to see another formation change on 13:32 - Jan 5 with 684 viewsGeoffSentence

Looking at transfermarkt.co.uk, it says that we have used these formations this season

3-4-1-2
3-5-2
4-1-4-1
4-2-3-1
4-3-1-2
4-3-3-Attacking
4-4-1-1
4-4-2
5-3-2

There can't be many formations that we haven't used this season
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 15:24]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I’d like to see another formation change on 13:39 - Jan 5 with 674 viewsGerkensBeard

I completely agree, we create very little in a 3-5-2. We rely on Garbutt’s excellent left foot to create chances. And in a 3-5-2 he’s most of the time up against a RM and RB which cancel him out. Give him Sears in front of him to then give him space to whip balls in. I’ll go for

–––––––-Holy–––––––

JD––Woolf–––-Chambers––-Garbutt

–––––Downes–––Bishop––––––
––––––––-Judge––––––––––
Jackson––––––––––––––-Sears
––––––––-Keane–––––––––––
I’d like to see another formation change on 13:47 - Jan 5 with 651 viewsbilllm

I agree 433, but somehow you need garbutt further up the pitch, I'm not a kenlock fan but he needs to be brought back in to have a proper flat back 4, 4 defenders,
I’d like to see another formation change on 13:49 - Jan 5 with 645 viewsHullblue

Agreed - yesterday we looked OK from the wing-backs onwards but we don’t have the CBs to play with a back 3 imo.

Wilson and Nsiala looked so nervous on the ball, and that helped Exeter gain confidence and momentum. The left of the back three isn’t an ideal position for Woolfenden either.

Also, we’ve now conceded three goals from crosses into the box that have evaded the right sided CB and the RWB. That’s always going to be a vulnerable area in this system but it feels like we’re not drilled for it. This might be partly because Edwards isn’t a RWB, but how many times before we learn?

Agree with your team below, although I’d have Bish in for Nolan when he’s fit enough. If Donacien isn’t fit I’d play Woolfie at RB.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:13 - Jan 5 with 609 viewspointofblue

The only reason I leaned towards Nolan is because it's the midfield three which did well against Coventry in the first half and for a large part of the Bristol Rovers match so there's obviously signs that the trio compliment each other.

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:15 - Jan 5 with 602 viewsHerbivore

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:13 - Jan 5 by pointofblue

The only reason I leaned towards Nolan is because it's the midfield three which did well against Coventry in the first half and for a large part of the Bristol Rovers match so there's obviously signs that the trio compliment each other.

Maybe he's performed better away from home but I've been hugely disappointed with Nolan when I've seen him lately. Just not offering much of anything.

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:52 - Jan 5 with 553 viewspointofblue

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:15 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Maybe he's performed better away from home but I've been hugely disappointed with Nolan when I've seen him lately. Just not offering much of anything.

To be fair I think that could be said for much of our squad of late. I do agree and his days should be numbered as a starter with Bishop returning to fitness unless he finds another level.

Until Bishop is match fit I'm not sure who to replace Nolan with; Skuse can result in an overly-defensive midfield, Huws has done nothing since he's returned from injury and Judge does not suit a middle three.

Login to get fewer ads

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:53 - Jan 5 with 551 viewsHerbivore

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:52 - Jan 5 by pointofblue

To be fair I think that could be said for much of our squad of late. I do agree and his days should be numbered as a starter with Bishop returning to fitness unless he finds another level.

Until Bishop is match fit I'm not sure who to replace Nolan with; Skuse can result in an overly-defensive midfield, Huws has done nothing since he's returned from injury and Judge does not suit a middle three.

I thought Huws was decent at Wycombe. Very solid and kept the ball well.

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:59 - Jan 5 with 530 viewspointofblue

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:53 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

I thought Huws was decent at Wycombe. Very solid and kept the ball well.

Not so sure, I wasn't impressed with anyone at Wycombe but do acknowledge I may be in the minority with that. Our midfield still looked disjointed though that may have been down to the wing back system. If Huws was there instead of Nolan I wouldn't mind too much; I'd just like to see us return to what showed signs of working of move on from there.

I’d like to see another formation change on 15:02 - Jan 5 with 524 viewsHerbivore

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:59 - Jan 5 by pointofblue

Not so sure, I wasn't impressed with anyone at Wycombe but do acknowledge I may be in the minority with that. Our midfield still looked disjointed though that may have been down to the wing back system. If Huws was there instead of Nolan I wouldn't mind too much; I'd just like to see us return to what showed signs of working of move on from there.

Judge playing unbalances us imo, he wanders and that means we don't always have much shape and structure in the midfield. It led to Huws and Downes mainly just sitting in, keeping it tight and recycling possession.

I’d like to see another formation change on 15:18 - Jan 5 with 509 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’d like to see another formation change on 13:32 - Jan 5 by GeoffSentence

Looking at transfermarkt.co.uk, it says that we have used these formations this season

3-4-1-2
3-5-2
4-1-4-1
4-2-3-1
4-3-1-2
4-3-3-Attacking
4-4-1-1
4-4-2
5-3-2

There can't be many formations that we haven't used this season
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 15:24]

I wonder if there’s a niche for switching formations seamlessly. Maybe we can pick up a point or two for artistic impression, a bit like synchronised swimming, but on a football pich.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I’d like to see another formation change on 15:24 - Jan 5 with 491 viewsStokieBlue

I’d like to see another formation change on 14:15 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Nolan doesn't offer a forward thinking mentally - he looks to go sideways or backwards which was why Bishop was so refreshing yesterday.

If fit, Bishop has to start ahead of Nolan.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I’d like to see another formation change on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 429 viewslmfcblue

Agree.. defensively against Wycombe we were a shambles. Didn’t see yesterday’s game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024