Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MRP poll. What will the cult message be? 22:15 - Nov 27 with 11279 viewsBluefish

Jeremy is the real winner (even though he lost)

The polling is biased (even though it isn't)

Something about trump or Russians

The polls have it all wrong and they will win really (even though they won't)
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 22:18]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:18 - Nov 27 with 3111 viewslowhouseblue

anyone who takes any poll seriously is seriously foolish.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:24 - Nov 27 with 3080 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am not sure even the most ardent of Labour supporters believe they can win this election which is immensely disappointing.

As a matter of interest, what exactly is it about the current Government that you are looking forward to most continuing and is there anything about them concerns you at all?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:26 - Nov 27 with 3069 viewsBluefish

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:24 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure even the most ardent of Labour supporters believe they can win this election which is immensely disappointing.

As a matter of interest, what exactly is it about the current Government that you are looking forward to most continuing and is there anything about them concerns you at all?

I am not a cult member so I can be critical. I am also not voting Tory so there is obviously a lot that I don't agree with. I didn't vote tory at the last local or european elections either and I voted in both
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 22:30]

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:29 - Nov 27 with 3057 viewsNthsuffolkblue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:26 - Nov 27 by Bluefish

I am not a cult member so I can be critical. I am also not voting Tory so there is obviously a lot that I don't agree with. I didn't vote tory at the last local or european elections either and I voted in both
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 22:30]

Ah, so despite all the apparent glorying in it, you are not actually happy … or you believe a fringe party will win?

I just don't get your despising of Labour unless you like the alternative more.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:32 - Nov 27 with 3040 viewslowhouseblue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:29 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah, so despite all the apparent glorying in it, you are not actually happy … or you believe a fringe party will win?

I just don't get your despising of Labour unless you like the alternative more.

it's perfectly possible to despise them both.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:35 - Nov 27 with 3029 viewsNthsuffolkblue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:32 - Nov 27 by lowhouseblue

That is true but if you did would you glory in the demise in one so much when you realise that it means the unfettered rule of the other. You and Bluefish give a good impression of being more than happy with what we currently have.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:41 - Nov 27 with 3016 viewslowhouseblue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:35 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

That is true but if you did would you glory in the demise in one so much when you realise that it means the unfettered rule of the other. You and Bluefish give a good impression of being more than happy with what we currently have.

no, thoroughly depressed and angry that we don't have a credible alternative. but when you lose your party allegiance you realise that you no longer have a reason to make excuses for or pretend to support stuff which is simply wrong. so we have regressive tax and spending v. economic mismanagement, instability and inefficiency. it's which eye do you want the stick poked into.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:43 - Nov 27 with 3006 viewsBluefish

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:41 - Nov 27 by lowhouseblue

no, thoroughly depressed and angry that we don't have a credible alternative. but when you lose your party allegiance you realise that you no longer have a reason to make excuses for or pretend to support stuff which is simply wrong. so we have regressive tax and spending v. economic mismanagement, instability and inefficiency. it's which eye do you want the stick poked into.

Agreed

Login to get fewer ads

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:43 - Nov 27 with 3004 viewsBloomBlue

The one thing history has taught us about polls is they are always wrong
MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:44 - Nov 27 with 3000 viewsBluefish

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:43 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

Apart from the last time

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:45 - Nov 27 with 2995 viewsSwansea_Blue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:43 - Nov 27 by BloomBlue

I'm not sure that's true. The polls leading up to the last election (at the end) were pretty much spot on. I think they got the Tory percentage bang on. Polls now though are unlikely to be a true reflection of the end result becasue people are changing their minds still as the campaigns unfold.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:46 - Nov 27 with 2992 viewsNthsuffolkblue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:41 - Nov 27 by lowhouseblue

Only if you see tax and spend as regressive.

You have to remember just how far many decades of cutting taxes and cutting expenditure has taken us.

It should only be the ultra-rich who fear the left policies and if they took a step back and looked at what it would really cost them, it is hardly going to be life-changing for them.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:49 - Nov 27 with 2966 viewsBluefish

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:46 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

You have to remember just how far many decades of cutting taxes and cutting expenditure has taken us.

It should only be the ultra-rich who fear the left policies and if they took a step back and looked at what it would really cost them, it is hardly going to be life-changing for them.

The ultra rich wont fear anything, they will just move elsewhere or move their money elsewhere. The rest of us will pick up the cost.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:52 - Nov 27 with 2948 viewslowhouseblue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:46 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

i was referring to the tories as the regressive tax and spending party - low tax and low spending is regressive.

the ultra rich don't fear labour, they'll just move their assets abroad.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:58 - Nov 27 with 2938 viewsTrequartista

They were all wrong last time (underestimated Labour) and all wrong the time before that (overestimated Labour) so it means nothing, opinion polls are there to sway public opinion, not measure it.

Only the exit polls have any accuracy, and even they failed to predict the last 2 Conservative overall majorities.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:59 - Nov 27 with 2919 viewsBloomBlue

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:58 - Nov 27 by Trequartista

They were all wrong last time (underestimated Labour) and all wrong the time before that (overestimated Labour) so it means nothing, opinion polls are there to sway public opinion, not measure it.

Only the exit polls have any accuracy, and even they failed to predict the last 2 Conservative overall majorities.

Also has anyone on here ever been contacted by one of these polls?

I've only ever come across 2 people who have since the 70s
MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:00 - Nov 27 with 2920 viewsTrequartista

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:45 - Nov 27 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not sure that's true. The polls leading up to the last election (at the end) were pretty much spot on. I think they got the Tory percentage bang on. Polls now though are unlikely to be a true reflection of the end result becasue people are changing their minds still as the campaigns unfold.

No they were all wrong except Survation in the final days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_2017_United_Kingdom_genera

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:00 - Nov 27 with 2922 viewsElderGrizzly

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:18 - Nov 27 by lowhouseblue

anyone who takes any poll seriously is seriously foolish.

This was the only poll to predict the last election with any accuracy this far out.

Johnson with 60+ majority is astonishing given all we know about him and his party and has to be the end of Corbyn?

[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 23:03]
MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:09 - Nov 27 with 2885 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:49 - Nov 27 by Bluefish

The ultra rich wont fear anything, they will just move elsewhere or move their money elsewhere. The rest of us will pick up the cost.

Pitchfork or bend over?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:12 - Nov 27 with 2866 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:00 - Nov 27 by ElderGrizzly

This was the only poll to predict the last election with any accuracy this far out.

Johnson with 60+ majority is astonishing given all we know about him and his party and has to be the end of Corbyn?

...and Swinson if that was to pan out....not forgetting all the rest of us...!

What vote share do they believe the Tories will get?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:17 - Nov 27 with 2845 viewsHerbivore

Although they started this poll a few weeks back and something like 68 seats have a gap between Labour and the Tories of fewer than 5 points. Things have shifted a little recently and it wouldn't take much movement to get us to a hung parliament scenario.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:18 - Nov 27 with 2843 viewsRyorry

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:32 - Nov 27 by lowhouseblue

And the current 3rd party for me as well - really wonder if I'd be able to bring myself to vote for the LDs as they are at the mo even if I were in a constituency where it would count - I'd need several nosepegs to carry it through!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:30 - Nov 27 with 2803 viewsThe_Last_Baron

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 22:24 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

How could Labour possibly have a chance of winning this election when they're abandoned their working class base in the north and midlands for a privileged elite in London.

In opposition they've piSSed all over what should be their core vote and have the cheek to expect those same people to put an X beside Labour when it comes to a General Election. I'm no lover of the modern day Tories but Labour richly deserve the kicking that looks like is coming their way.

What Labour need to do after this election is get rid or momentum and the Marxists, return to their historical working class philosophy and get a bit of patriotism and law and order back in their DNA.

At the moment they're a shameless rabble who you wouldn't trust to run a refuse collection service.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:33 - Nov 27 with 2785 viewsThe_Last_Baron

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:17 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Although they started this poll a few weeks back and something like 68 seats have a gap between Labour and the Tories of fewer than 5 points. Things have shifted a little recently and it wouldn't take much movement to get us to a hung parliament scenario.

Keep dreaming.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

MRP poll. What will the cult message be? on 23:37 - Nov 27 with 2776 viewsTrequartista

How do they calculate that the LibDems will win only 13 seats? They polled 7.5% at the last election and are polling at an average of 15% now. There are 4 seats where they need less than 1% swing (Richmond Park, Fife North East, St Ives, Ceredigion) How would they not win them?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 23:39]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024