Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor Gomes 18:14 - Nov 3 with 4730 viewsThisIsMyUsername

That looked horrific.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Poor Gomes on 18:18 - Nov 3 with 4708 viewsFtnfwest

Was awful and ironic since they’ve all spent the whole game falling over whenever anyone’s touched them near the face. Not a sending off btw, he didn’t trip him with the purpose of sending him into Auriers knee.
Poor Gomes on 18:20 - Nov 3 with 4682 viewsTheBoyBlue

Ouch.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Poor Gomes on 19:40 - Nov 3 with 4454 viewsWickets

Looks a bad injury but it was a Yellow at worst .
Poor Gomes on 19:47 - Nov 3 with 4432 viewstractorboy1978

I can't believe he was red carded for that. Atkinson had a yellow in his hand before the severity of the injury became clear. It was a challenge you see in every game around the country each week.
Poor Gomes on 20:12 - Nov 3 with 4356 viewsIllinoisblue

Poor Gomes on 19:47 - Nov 3 by tractorboy1978

I can't believe he was red carded for that. Atkinson had a yellow in his hand before the severity of the injury became clear. It was a challenge you see in every game around the country each week.

A wretched match between two floundering teams, further ruined by absurd VAR delays. And then the ref giving Son a yellow only to change it to red after he saw how bad the injury was. Quite ridiculous. And if anyone should have been carded it was Aureir.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Poor Gomes on 20:16 - Nov 3 with 4347 viewsBasuco

Poor Gomes on 20:12 - Nov 3 by Illinoisblue

A wretched match between two floundering teams, further ruined by absurd VAR delays. And then the ref giving Son a yellow only to change it to red after he saw how bad the injury was. Quite ridiculous. And if anyone should have been carded it was Aureir.

VAR ref was Michael Oliver, in my mind the worst ref on the prem list, he always just gives every decision to the "big clubs". Nothing wrong with VAR just the biased refs working it.
Poor Gomes on 20:18 - Nov 3 with 4313 viewsWD19

Poor Gomes on 20:16 - Nov 3 by Basuco

VAR ref was Michael Oliver, in my mind the worst ref on the prem list, he always just gives every decision to the "big clubs". Nothing wrong with VAR just the biased refs working it.

Everything is wrong with VAR.
Poor Gomes on 20:23 - Nov 3 with 4287 viewsEastTownBlue

I thought the VAR ref was Anthony Taylor ?
Login to get fewer ads

Poor Gomes on 20:25 - Nov 3 with 4279 viewsBasuco

Poor Gomes on 20:23 - Nov 3 by EastTownBlue

I thought the VAR ref was Anthony Taylor ?

Edit. Or was Oliver the Palace game? Might be wrong here.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 20:26]
Poor Gomes on 20:25 - Nov 3 with 4278 viewstractorboy1978

Does anyone actually know the rules of football anymore? They seem to change almost every week, particularly around what classes as a handball in the box.
Poor Gomes on 20:30 - Nov 3 with 4253 viewsEastTownBlue

Poor Gomes on 20:25 - Nov 3 by Basuco

Edit. Or was Oliver the Palace game? Might be wrong here.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2019 20:26]

Yeah, Oliver was VAR for the Palace match.
Poor Gomes on 20:42 - Nov 3 with 4214 viewsBluesquid

Poor Gomes on 20:25 - Nov 3 by tractorboy1978

Does anyone actually know the rules of football anymore? They seem to change almost every week, particularly around what classes as a handball in the box.

What i didn't understand was the incident right at the end when Sanchez was farting around and had the ball taken off him by Richarlison who was then clipped by Sanchez as he raced past.

VAR said no red card and although Sanchez meant to kick the ball he still ended up clipping Richarlison who was just too quick, surely Everton should have been awarded a free kick?
Poor Gomes on 20:53 - Nov 3 with 4171 viewssparks

Poor Gomes on 20:12 - Nov 3 by Illinoisblue

This. Wasnt a red card tackle. Horrible collision. No intent, and just nasty happenstance. And to change the card after the event is simply wrong.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Poor Gomes on 20:53 - Nov 3 with 4163 viewsFtnfwest

Poor Gomes on 20:42 - Nov 3 by Bluesquid

What i didn't understand was the incident right at the end when Sanchez was farting around and had the ball taken off him by Richarlison who was then clipped by Sanchez as he raced past.

VAR said no red card and although Sanchez meant to kick the ball he still ended up clipping Richarlison who was just too quick, surely Everton should have been awarded a free kick?

I think you’re probably right but do we have to have a two minute stoppage to determine these things each time? The way Richarlison reacted each time someone brushed against during the game, I’m surprised he wasn’t dead by the end, which may have counted against him with that incident.
Poor Gomes on 20:56 - Nov 3 with 4147 viewsIllinoisblue

Poor Gomes on 20:53 - Nov 3 by sparks

This. Wasnt a red card tackle. Horrible collision. No intent, and just nasty happenstance. And to change the card after the event is simply wrong.

VAR, if it continues in its current state, is going to cause a riot. When titles or relegation is at stake, we can’t have games ruled by two sets of refs. How the Watford penalty was given yesterday I will never know.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Poor Gomes on 21:11 - Nov 3 with 4057 viewslongtimefan

I thought the Sanchez one was probably a clip, but the VAR pictures weren’t really clear enough to be certain, whereas the Ali handball looked absolutely nailed on and I was shocked a penalty wasn’t awarded.
Poor Gomes on 21:20 - Nov 3 with 4036 viewsm14_blue

Poor Gomes on 20:56 - Nov 3 by Illinoisblue

VAR, if it continues in its current state, is going to cause a riot. When titles or relegation is at stake, we can’t have games ruled by two sets of refs. How the Watford penalty was given yesterday I will never know.

It encourages players to throw themselves to the floor after the slightest contact, knowing that VAR will look at 30 angles in super slow-mo and establish that there was a brush on the toe and therefore give a penalty.

It was meant to eradicate cheating but, in its current form, it’s rewarding simulation.

Hudson-Odoi’s dive at Burnley that was overturned is about the only time I’ve seen VAR do what it’s designed for.
Poor Gomes on 21:31 - Nov 3 with 3991 viewsFtnfwest

Poor Gomes on 21:20 - Nov 3 by m14_blue

It encourages players to throw themselves to the floor after the slightest contact, knowing that VAR will look at 30 angles in super slow-mo and establish that there was a brush on the toe and therefore give a penalty.

It was meant to eradicate cheating but, in its current form, it’s rewarding simulation.

Hudson-Odoi’s dive at Burnley that was overturned is about the only time I’ve seen VAR do what it’s designed for.

Agree with this allied to the fact that ‘contact’ now implicitly means there’s unquestionably a foul
Poor Gomes on 21:49 - Nov 3 with 3956 viewsBlue_Moses

Poor Gomes on 18:18 - Nov 3 by Ftnfwest

Was awful and ironic since they’ve all spent the whole game falling over whenever anyone’s touched them near the face. Not a sending off btw, he didn’t trip him with the purpose of sending him into Auriers knee.

Feel a bit for Soj, he obviously thought he had done that initially
Poor Gomes on 22:04 - Nov 3 with 3914 viewsDennyx4

The Watford penalty yesterday, was purely due to the ref operating VAR for the game.

One Mike Dean, who likes to give penalties. any other ref wouldn't have given it.
Poor Gomes on 07:10 - Nov 4 with 3575 viewsEastTownBlue

Poor Gomes on 22:04 - Nov 3 by Dennyx4

The Watford penalty yesterday, was purely due to the ref operating VAR for the game.

One Mike Dean, who likes to give penalties. any other ref wouldn't have given it.

It can’t have felt the same for Mike Dean awarding a penalty without being in front of the cameras.
Poor Gomes on 09:08 - Nov 4 with 3427 viewsGuthrum

They really need to take some lessons from other sports where that kind of video review system is used.

Either, like rugby, have the on-field referee make a final decision, or, like cricket and American football, have the TV official only overrule the on-field one if there is clear evidence to do so.

There needs to be a way of limiting the number/frequency of challenges, so every single goal is no lengthily re-examined. It has to be when the ref is unsure and asks for clarification or give the teams a set number they can use (retained if correct).

In addition, the players have to dial back playing just beyond the limit of the rules, as they know they'll now get caught more often than not, plus the fans will have to acknowlege that being offside by a toenail is still offside.

And they will have to clarify the more subjective elements of offences such as handball (which probably needs doing anyway).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Poor Gomes on 10:30 - Nov 4 with 3337 viewsartsbossbeard

Poor Gomes on 21:31 - Nov 3 by Ftnfwest

Agree with this allied to the fact that ‘contact’ now implicitly means there’s unquestionably a foul

In fairness, he is still complicit with the Gomes injury.

I frequent another forum where it's predominately Everton fans and there's 2x schools of thought on this from them this morning.

1. There was an earlier stray elbow from Gomes on Son that incensed him and he's a snidey #### for that tackle plus also the on field tears/head in hand was for the cameras.
2. There was an earlier stray elbow from Gomes on Son but Son really isn't that type of player and that foul sees 999.99999/1000 tackled players getting up from straight away. Sone was genuinely distraught and it really wasn't a red card challenge.

I lean towards #2 as the ideal way of breaking up a teams rhythm and getting your players back in formation is to give away a free kick in that area. It's exactly the area where I coach my lads to give away free kicks in the same situation.

I'd just said to my lad 5 minutes beforehand that I could watch that Gomes play all day, he's an absolute joy on the ball. Such a big shame.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Poor Gomes on 10:52 - Nov 4 with 3296 viewsbritbiker

Having watched rugby and american football all week, I was flicking through sports channels and came accross the spurs v everton match. I managed only ten minutes. In that time Richarlison had dived three times so I decided to turn off. I'm no lover of premier league football but football is becoming an embarrassment.

Its made worse by pundits then saying the defender touched his shirt so its ok for the attacker to fall over. I've no problem with blatant pushes being punished but this current climate of players falling over if they even precieve contact has ruined football for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024