Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man of the match today? 19:46 - Oct 5 with 2075 viewsBluefish

I thought Nolan was excellent and probably my pick but possibly because I am so used to seeing Skuse outclassing everyone else and similar for Downes. Mention for Garbutt as well, really good game for him and i think that was Jackson's best game. Woolfy was really good and Chambo was dominant.

Fleetwood are a team of big lumps and they wanted to make the game a battle. It is a really good win

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Man of the match today? on 19:54 - Oct 5 with 2026 viewsIP33

Chambers was colossal today, definitely MOTM for me. I also thought Nolan showed his class, especially second half.

It really was a fantastic result.
Man of the match today? on 20:35 - Oct 5 with 1894 viewsEastTownBlue

Big lumps who went to ground rather easily.
Man of the match today? on 23:18 - Oct 5 with 1627 viewsBlueAllOver

Nolan was excellent in the second half, so comfortable on the ball.
Man of the match today? on 23:58 - Oct 5 with 1554 viewsclive_baker

Nolan was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Real quality on the ball, kept play ticking over and absolutely superb without the ball. I imagine if you reviewed his stats outside of possession this season he would be right up there. I thought Chambers was solid too and on another day we could’ve won that 3-0. We were awarded 1 pen but it could’ve been 3. If that’s Barton’s definition of ‘cute’ then I would hate to see the alternative.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Man of the match today? on 07:16 - Oct 6 with 1362 viewsMullet

Jackson.

Skuse played well but none of the midfield three were good enough in the first half consistently. It stopped us getting more chances and allowed Fleetwood to impose themselves too much.

Chambers was outstanding in the first half and all three CB's had their moments.

Nolan really showed why Lambert loves him in the second half, and on a better day would have made something happen (he was chopped for one of those pens)

Kayden though gave their defenders issues all game without service, put Norwood through and took his chance excellently. Had the team been a little more on it for more of the game we'd have walked it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Man of the match today? on 09:10 - Oct 6 with 1188 viewsBluebell

Nolan for me. I didn't think I would be saying that about him. I certainly wasn't that enamoured last season.

This season he has been amazing in the games he has played. He also seems to come to life in the second half after a slowish start.

Mr Bluebell likened him to Tommy Miller (I wonder if he could take penalties like Tommy?). Doing a lot that you don't notice but always available to recieve the ball. He and Skuse are the only ones who seem to avoid 'head tennis' and bring the ball to the ground.

Chambers, once again, would come a close second along with Skuse and Garbutt.
Man of the match today? on 09:15 - Oct 6 with 1179 viewsHerbivore

Man of the match today? on 09:10 - Oct 6 by Bluebell

Nolan for me. I didn't think I would be saying that about him. I certainly wasn't that enamoured last season.

This season he has been amazing in the games he has played. He also seems to come to life in the second half after a slowish start.

Mr Bluebell likened him to Tommy Miller (I wonder if he could take penalties like Tommy?). Doing a lot that you don't notice but always available to recieve the ball. He and Skuse are the only ones who seem to avoid 'head tennis' and bring the ball to the ground.

Chambers, once again, would come a close second along with Skuse and Garbutt.

I thought Nolan was one player who really improved under Lambert last season and towards the back end of the season he was playing really nicely. Glad he's continuing to do well, he has the ability to be a good Championship player imo he just struggled massively with the step up in a struggling side. Same goes for Jackson.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Man of the match today? on 10:53 - Oct 6 with 1082 viewsSuperfrans

He was excellent, indeed. He keeps the ball beautifully, lovely touch and carries it really well. Shows what a bit of confidence and getting a regular start can do.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024