Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools 13:42 - Sep 26 with 2580 viewsgiant_stow

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/boris-johnson-quizzed-about-brexit-propag

Walthamstow parents are up in arms at this

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:43 - Sep 26 with 2571 viewsSpruceMoose

And you know what will happen? Feck all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:44 - Sep 26 with 2563 viewsgiant_stow

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:43 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

And you know what will happen? Feck all.

most likely.

So grim and sinister.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:49 - Sep 26 with 2543 viewsSWGF

Given his response to his current predicament being "Yeah? And? What you going to do about it?", I can't see him losing too much sleep over this.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:52 - Sep 26 with 2537 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:49 - Sep 26 by SWGF

Given his response to his current predicament being "Yeah? And? What you going to do about it?", I can't see him losing too much sleep over this.

Shouldn't be getting much sleep either way with the lovely Miss Symonds.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:53 - Sep 26 with 2537 viewsDanTheMan

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:49 - Sep 26 by SWGF

Was going to say the same.

Johnson replied: “Obviously the honourable lady is bringing me news about the schools in her constituency. What I can tell her is that we’re investing more in every primary school in this country.”

Cool I guess? You shouldn't be able to do that. I know politics is all about basically just not answering the question, but it's utter boll0cks that you can give an absolutely non-response and just move on. Should be forced to give an adequate answer to the question.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:56 - Sep 26 with 2518 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:53 - Sep 26 by DanTheMan

Johnson replied: “Obviously the honourable lady is bringing me news about the schools in her constituency. What I can tell her is that we’re investing more in every primary school in this country.”

Cool I guess? You shouldn't be able to do that. I know politics is all about basically just not answering the question, but it's utter boll0cks that you can give an absolutely non-response and just move on. Should be forced to give an adequate answer to the question.

The question is, what kind of provisions or sanctions can be put into place to force politicians out of this kind of behaviour they've become accustomed to and who would enforce them?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:58 - Sep 26 with 2509 viewsDanTheMan

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:56 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

The question is, what kind of provisions or sanctions can be put into place to force politicians out of this kind of behaviour they've become accustomed to and who would enforce them?

Not sure about sanctions, but I don't see why the Speaker could not enforce that adequate answers are given to questions and actually followed up on.

This is all standard stuff people have to do at jobs every damn day.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:59 - Sep 26 with 2509 viewsgiant_stow

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:56 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

There was that case recently when someone tried to do Boris for lying in public office (or something) over the bus thing but no joy. Apparently, its impossible to police, but why?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:00 - Sep 26 with 2503 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:58 - Sep 26 by DanTheMan

Not sure about sanctions, but I don't see why the Speaker could not enforce that adequate answers are given to questions and actually followed up on.

This is all standard stuff people have to do at jobs every damn day.

Eventually there has to be a reason why Johnson would feel obligated to reply though, otherwise he'll just end up filibustering.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:03 - Sep 26 with 2490 viewsDanTheMan

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:00 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

Eventually there has to be a reason why Johnson would feel obligated to reply though, otherwise he'll just end up filibustering.

In that case, it would either have to be some sort of fine or other punishment. Not entirely sure what is available. I know what you mean, but it would look really damn stupid if when asked a simple question that you don't answer for 30 minutes because you're a stubborn twit.

And lets face it, this has been going on for years and happens regularly, they'd need to do a LOT of it.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:11 - Sep 26 with 2466 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:03 - Sep 26 by DanTheMan

In that case, it would either have to be some sort of fine or other punishment. Not entirely sure what is available. I know what you mean, but it would look really damn stupid if when asked a simple question that you don't answer for 30 minutes because you're a stubborn twit.

And lets face it, this has been going on for years and happens regularly, they'd need to do a LOT of it.

You're probably on to something with the idea to refuse to move on until an actual answer is given.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:15 - Sep 26 with 2459 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:11 - Sep 26 by SpruceMoose

You're probably on to something with the idea to refuse to move on until an actual answer is given.

It then becomes a qualitative issue though which would bog down parliament in even more semantics than it currently is.

Not sure how we unpickle this particular herring.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:26 - Sep 26 with 2439 viewseireblue

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:53 - Sep 26 by DanTheMan

I am surprised his answer wasn't of the form "....look the best way to get rid of these adverts is to deliver Brexit on the 31st ....."
Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:56 - Sep 26 with 2416 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:26 - Sep 26 by eireblue

I am surprised his answer wasn't of the form "....look the best way to get rid of these adverts is to deliver Brexit on the 31st ....."

Surely it's to begin to explain why, when they're eighteen, these kids still won't have seen brexit delivered.

Although they will have seen boris's corpse rotting on a gibbet on Tower Hill.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:02 - Sep 26 with 2406 viewssparks

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 14:26 - Sep 26 by eireblue

Its like something out of a dystopian comic book.

This has to stop.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:08 - Sep 26 with 2399 viewsfactual_blue

I don't know when or if the process for questions in the House has changed, but it used to be like this.

An MP could only ask an initial question the required a factual answer, typically 'what are the Minister's diary commitments for the next week?', or 'How many guns do the army have?'.

The answer would then be given, and the original questioner could then ask a 'supplementary' question. This would take as a starting point the initial answer and get onto the issue the questioner really wanted to raise.

So if the Minister answered his diary commitments for the coming week were a visit to a tractor factory, a meeting with an Andorran trade delegation and various meetings with Cabinet colleagues and officials, the supplementary might be that 'it is a shame the Minister hasn't time in his diary to visit my constituency where he'd see the appalling effects of his ethnic cleansing policy.'

When questions are tabled, the appropriate policy-making civil servants have to produce answers to all the possible supplementary questions, based on knowledge of the MP's particular interests, constituency issues. The Minister has all of these answers available to him in the house (that's what those folders you see them with contain).

There was at least one occasion many years ago, when a nervous new minister facing his first questions, just read everything out in answer to the initial question.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:11 - Sep 26 with 2391 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:08 - Sep 26 by factual_blue

I don't know when or if the process for questions in the House has changed, but it used to be like this.

An MP could only ask an initial question the required a factual answer, typically 'what are the Minister's diary commitments for the next week?', or 'How many guns do the army have?'.

The answer would then be given, and the original questioner could then ask a 'supplementary' question. This would take as a starting point the initial answer and get onto the issue the questioner really wanted to raise.

So if the Minister answered his diary commitments for the coming week were a visit to a tractor factory, a meeting with an Andorran trade delegation and various meetings with Cabinet colleagues and officials, the supplementary might be that 'it is a shame the Minister hasn't time in his diary to visit my constituency where he'd see the appalling effects of his ethnic cleansing policy.'

When questions are tabled, the appropriate policy-making civil servants have to produce answers to all the possible supplementary questions, based on knowledge of the MP's particular interests, constituency issues. The Minister has all of these answers available to him in the house (that's what those folders you see them with contain).

There was at least one occasion many years ago, when a nervous new minister facing his first questions, just read everything out in answer to the initial question.

Thank you for that Facters, very interesting.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:13 - Sep 26 with 2388 viewsCoachRob

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:08 - Sep 26 by factual_blue

Maybe just copy paste like Grant Shapps from the previous minister's speeches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49836563
Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:29 - Sep 26 with 2360 viewsBrixtonBlue

Where's Paxman when you need him?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 17:26 - Sep 26 with 2316 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 13:52 - Sep 26 by footers

Shouldn't be getting much sleep either way with the lovely Miss Symonds.

Yep, those vigorous “IT classes” can be quite time consuming.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 17:28 - Sep 26 with 2313 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 17:26 - Sep 26 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, those vigorous “IT classes” can be quite time consuming.

Your next one's tomorrow, remember. Don't be late this time. I'm going to show you how to use the mouse.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 17:30 - Sep 26 with 2305 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 17:28 - Sep 26 by footers

Your next one's tomorrow, remember. Don't be late this time. I'm going to show you how to use the mouse.

An apt nickname for it indeed.

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 17:39 - Sep 26 with 2291 viewsvapour_trail

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 15:13 - Sep 26 by CoachRob

Maybe just copy paste like Grant Shapps from the previous minister's speeches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49836563

Chris Grayling is my favourite politician of the modern era. A comedic blessing in amongst all the machiavellian c*ntishness circling him. I reckon he had to ask other MPs to tie his shoelaces for him on the way into the chamber. I know he cost the taxpayer a lot of unnecessary cost, but I am happy to have chipped in for the lols.

Schapps is not a funny man. A poor Chris Grayling tribute act, does not a successful minister make.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 18:01 - Sep 26 with 2259 viewsDarth_Koont

That's legitimately disgusting.

And I'm not just talking about the hyphen in "dress-sense".

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson quizzed about Brexit propaganda shown in primary schools on 18:04 - Sep 26 with 2253 viewsDarth_Koont

There's a board game in that.

Ask someone a question and they have to answer without actually answering. Winner gets a mandate to cause untold political, economic and social upheaval.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024