Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF 13:23 - Aug 8 with 1452 viewsSitfcB

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bury-fc-update2/

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 13:27 - Aug 8 with 1412 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would be very surprised if they don't go bust.

I think Bolton are still touch and go despite the fact they are being allowed to play. Doesn't it hinge on a potential takeover? How long has that been rumoured without materialising?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 13:37 - Aug 8 with 1325 viewsHipsterectomy

Why are clubs like this almost always saved at the 11th hour? Is it to get them as cheap as possible?

Edit: by that I meant getting investment or being bought
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 13:37]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 13:40 - Aug 8 with 1293 viewsHipsterectomy

How are they also supposed to make money if their games are being suspended?

Gigg Lane is almost 12,000, I'm sure they would sell-out if allowed to play a few home games

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 13:41 - Aug 8 with 1278 viewsRyorry

Poor fans, you really have to feel for them :(

Might they be able to 'do a Wimbledon AFC' or is that more difficult these days?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 13:44 - Aug 8 with 1256 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 13:37 - Aug 8 by Hipsterectomy

Why are clubs like this almost always saved at the 11th hour? Is it to get them as cheap as possible?

Edit: by that I meant getting investment or being bought
[Post edited 8 Aug 2019 13:37]

Can you give me some examples of clubs that have been?

There are certainly a number that haven't but exist in some form or other despite having gone bust.

I am not sure in that instance they are "saved" as such.

Others have been takeover before this stage but which clubs have had their fixtures postponed because of doubts over their viability and come back from it?

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 14:12 - Aug 8 with 1116 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 13:40 - Aug 8 by Hipsterectomy

How are they also supposed to make money if their games are being suspended?

Gigg Lane is almost 12,000, I'm sure they would sell-out if allowed to play a few home games

They can't prove that they have enough money to cover the supporter safety aspect of putting games on at home. And can't prove they have the sufficient funds to actually fulfil an away fixture either.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 14:32 - Aug 8 with 1062 viewsGeoffSentence

I know we all feel sympathy for Bury because of the position they are in, but really we should feel more for Mansfield who finished 4th in league two last year and missed out on promotion, or Colchester who missed out on the play-offs by minutes. Bury are in a position where they can't actually play and if I were one of those other teams I would feel that they had robbed my team of a potential spot in a higher division.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 14:44 - Aug 8 with 1007 viewsitfcjoe

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 14:32 - Aug 8 by GeoffSentence

I know we all feel sympathy for Bury because of the position they are in, but really we should feel more for Mansfield who finished 4th in league two last year and missed out on promotion, or Colchester who missed out on the play-offs by minutes. Bury are in a position where they can't actually play and if I were one of those other teams I would feel that they had robbed my team of a potential spot in a higher division.

Fair point, in the same way Bolton robbed 23rd place of us but that is less serious.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 14:47 - Aug 8 with 981 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another Bury game suspended. They have 14 days otherwise they’re out of the EF on 14:32 - Aug 8 by GeoffSentence

It is a fair point but if the long-term result is their club has to start from scratch again, I would prefer to be in Mansfield's position.

It is just as unfair that a rich backer comes in, or a chairman makes a poor managerial appointment. Us fans are at the mercy of so much. Perhaps we should learn to enjoy entertaining football and hope we at least get that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024