Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'curse' continues ... 13:21 - Jul 17 with 1674 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

So as things stand on the midfield front

Bishop - Out for 3 months
Huws - Looking good, but I don't think any of us dare believe just yet
Judge - Could be off to QPR, if not his match fitness may be lacking come Burton due to being injured in pre-season
Nolan - his match fitness may be lacking come Burton due to being injured in pre-season
Edwards - his match fitness may be lacking come Burton due to being injured in pre-season
Lankester - Has just come back from a lengthy lay off
Skuse - Fit
Dozzell - Fit
Downes - Fit
Nydam - Fit

Depending on how you want Lambert to line up and who you rate, it's not impossible that 4 or 5 or what would currently be the first 6 or 7 midfielders Lambert would usually consider may not be available for Burton or would have barely had a pre-season.

In this, the only area apart from goalkeeper where we looked particularly strong.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

The 'curse' continues ... on 13:26 - Jul 17 with 1613 viewsIpswichKnight

I'll worry more about this if Nolan and Edwards don't play in the pre-season games at Colchester and Notts County.

Lankester played in Germany he will be fit for the start of the season.
The 'curse' continues ... on 13:48 - Jul 17 with 1508 viewsBigManBlue

Disappointing but hardly a shock, some of these players have absolutely atrocious injury records. I'd love to think they'll all play a part at some point in the season but given past form, expecting Bishop, Judge, Huws and probably Edwards to play even 50% of our games seems optimistic - and as such I think that when we look at our best formation we should really be looking at how to best utilise the players who are actually likely to be able to start most weeks.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

The 'curse' continues ... on 13:56 - Jul 17 with 1472 viewsbraveblue

Skuse fit?
The 'curse' continues ... on 13:57 - Jul 17 with 1469 viewsBigManBlue

The 'curse' continues ... on 13:56 - Jul 17 by braveblue

Skuse fit?

Skusey seems like he'd still play with just one leg and a bad case of the coma.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

The 'curse' continues ... on 13:59 - Jul 17 with 1449 viewsclive_baker

Realistically if we've got 1 of Huws and Bishop fit at any moment in time this season we'll be doing well.

Judge I wouldn't worry about, once the speculation passes and his arm is better I expect him to get his head down and come back strongly. He's been with Ireland over the summer and core fitness isn't an issue. Nolan will be fine. Lankester is young and back now. I think we're well stocked in midfield, we just can't expect Huws and Bishop to both be regularly available at this stage I would say.

In other news it's great to see how Norwood has settled in and finished his goal well on Saturday, many more of those to come I hope. Sears is getting closer too.

We're not a million miles off, I would like us to sign an experienced defender though if possible. Something has to give with the likes of Rowe and Roberts as I can't see them getting much game time here.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The 'curse' continues ... on 14:03 - Jul 17 with 1420 viewsKeaneish

The 'curse' continues ... on 13:59 - Jul 17 by clive_baker

Realistically if we've got 1 of Huws and Bishop fit at any moment in time this season we'll be doing well.

Judge I wouldn't worry about, once the speculation passes and his arm is better I expect him to get his head down and come back strongly. He's been with Ireland over the summer and core fitness isn't an issue. Nolan will be fine. Lankester is young and back now. I think we're well stocked in midfield, we just can't expect Huws and Bishop to both be regularly available at this stage I would say.

In other news it's great to see how Norwood has settled in and finished his goal well on Saturday, many more of those to come I hope. Sears is getting closer too.

We're not a million miles off, I would like us to sign an experienced defender though if possible. Something has to give with the likes of Rowe and Roberts as I can't see them getting much game time here.

Is Bishop confirmed 3 months out does anyone know?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 14:14]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The 'curse' continues ... on 14:25 - Jul 17 with 1346 viewsLKW15

It looks like a good chance for Nydam and Dozzell to step up and stake a claim for a starting place in the centre, hopefully they can make the most of it
The 'curse' continues ... on 14:38 - Jul 17 with 1298 viewschristiand

The 'curse' continues ... on 13:59 - Jul 17 by clive_baker

I disagree regarding Rowe and Roberts. There is that chasm on the left side of our midfield or front 3 which has yet to be claimed. I'm not a fan of Roberts as a striker, but think he could do a good job on that left side, in that wide role. It's more a natural position for him.

If neither of them can step up this season with this golden opportunity, then it's not going to happen here I'm afraid.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

The 'curse' continues ... on 14:45 - Jul 17 with 1285 viewsclive_baker

The 'curse' continues ... on 14:38 - Jul 17 by christiand

I disagree regarding Rowe and Roberts. There is that chasm on the left side of our midfield or front 3 which has yet to be claimed. I'm not a fan of Roberts as a striker, but think he could do a good job on that left side, in that wide role. It's more a natural position for him.

If neither of them can step up this season with this golden opportunity, then it's not going to happen here I'm afraid.

I think we could see Garbutt occupying that role, although I would personally like to see Rowe given a chance given he's impressed when out on loan. Roberts I'm not interested in, in the small amounts I've seen of him he's looked dire.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The 'curse' continues ... on 15:54 - Jul 17 with 1130 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

The 'curse' continues ... on 14:03 - Jul 17 by Keaneish

Is Bishop confirmed 3 months out does anyone know?
[Post edited 17 Jul 2019 14:14]

Only by me, as far as I know
The 'curse' continues ... on 17:26 - Jul 17 with 1012 viewschristiand

The 'curse' continues ... on 14:45 - Jul 17 by clive_baker

I think we could see Garbutt occupying that role, although I would personally like to see Rowe given a chance given he's impressed when out on loan. Roberts I'm not interested in, in the small amounts I've seen of him he's looked dire.

Think Roberts would work hard for the team down that left side, don't rule him out of selection just yet. You have to remember we've seen him invariably playing as a central striker, which isn't his position, not so much in that wide role.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024