Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first 21:51 - Jul 9 with 7266 viewsMaySixth

and were shown around the ground etc before a game a year and a half ago

Marcus Evans then simply didn't bother to get back to their interest in the club and they moved on to pastures new

if he is so interested in selling, why is clinging on and refusing offers?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:56 - Jul 9 with 4590 viewsSuperblue95

How did your post jump from them having a look around the ground to them having an offer rejected?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:57 - Jul 9 with 4577 viewsMaySixth

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:56 - Jul 9 by Superblue95

How did your post jump from them having a look around the ground to them having an offer rejected?

talk of it on Twitter tonight

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:58 - Jul 9 with 4567 viewsSuperblue95

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:57 - Jul 9 by MaySixth

talk of it on Twitter tonight

Ah, must be true so

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:59 - Jul 9 with 4574 viewsJakeITFC

I actually heard this from a good source a while ago.

They couldn’t afford what Evans wanted from what I was told.
I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:59 - Jul 9 with 4548 viewsMaySixth

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:58 - Jul 9 by Superblue95

Ah, must be true so

Yeh, I thought the same initially but turns out a number of people know

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:02 - Jul 9 with 4512 viewsSuperblue95

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:59 - Jul 9 by MaySixth

Yeh, I thought the same initially but turns out a number of people know

Fair enough.

Are their owners filthy rich or happy to fling some more cash about? If not then we probably wouldn’t be much better off anyway

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:05 - Jul 9 with 4487 viewsJakeITFC

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:02 - Jul 9 by Superblue95

Fair enough.

Are their owners filthy rich or happy to fling some more cash about? If not then we probably wouldn’t be much better off anyway

Wealthy Hong Kong gamblers.

The link to Ipswich came via Joe Royle (and his son).
I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:17 - Jul 9 with 4381 viewsSuperblue95

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:05 - Jul 9 by JakeITFC

Wealthy Hong Kong gamblers.

The link to Ipswich came via Joe Royle (and his son).

Cheers. I’ll prepare my flounce in case Wigan start splashing the cash

Login to get fewer ads

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:21 - Jul 9 with 4348 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:17 - Jul 9 by Superblue95

Cheers. I’ll prepare my flounce in case Wigan start splashing the cash

They are called International Entertainment Corporation.

There is nothing to suggest that they would have been any improvement on Evans.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:22 - Jul 9 with 4339 viewsMaySixth

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:21 - Jul 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Evans having a dying subsidiary over a long period of time is bringing a tax advantage to the ME Group.

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:23 - Jul 9 with 4335 viewsitfcjoe

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 21:59 - Jul 9 by JakeITFC

I actually heard this from a good source a while ago.

They couldn’t afford what Evans wanted from what I was told.

Think it just died out and they got bored of it as he didn’t get back to them

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:23 - Jul 9 with 4333 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They gave up pretty damned easily. Doesn't suggest they were overly keen to buy us.

Seems they were just looking for any old club.

Nothing to see here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:24 - Jul 9 with 4317 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:23 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

Think it just died out and they got bored of it as he didn’t get back to them

Wow, they sound dynamic individuals.

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:24 - Jul 9 with 4314 viewsfooters

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:21 - Jul 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are you suggesting that International Entertainment Corporation wouldn't have the club's real best interests at heart?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:25 - Jul 9 with 4303 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:22 - Jul 9 by MaySixth

Evans having a dying subsidiary over a long period of time is bringing a tax advantage to the ME Group.

If it was such a tax advantage, surely he would engineer to lose more money?

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:26 - Jul 9 with 4284 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:24 - Jul 9 by footers

Are you suggesting that International Entertainment Corporation wouldn't have the club's real best interests at heart?

;-)

To be fair, Ive no idea. But there's nothing to suggest that they would have been the answer to our prayers.

I don't see them as a great loss.

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:30 - Jul 9 with 4247 viewsfooters

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:26 - Jul 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

;-)

To be fair, Ive no idea. But there's nothing to suggest that they would have been the answer to our prayers.

I don't see them as a great loss.

I trust ME far more than I do those chancers. He's had plenty of offers to sell up and has refused. Fans slate him but he's still a much better custodian than any of these fly-by-night idiots.

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:32 - Jul 9 with 4228 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:30 - Jul 9 by footers

I trust ME far more than I do those chancers. He's had plenty of offers to sell up and has refused. Fans slate him but he's still a much better custodian than any of these fly-by-night idiots.

I agree.

But I expect to get slated for doing so.

I'm not saying ME is perfect, we all know he's made mistakes. His biggest was probably buying us in the first place. But I think he's better than a lot of owners out there.

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:35 - Jul 9 with 4206 viewsitfcjoe

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:24 - Jul 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Wow, they sound dynamic individuals.

How many times do they need to chase before they give up - they went elsewhere and wee dynamic enough to get a deal done

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:37 - Jul 9 with 4176 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:35 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

How many times do they need to chase before they give up - they went elsewhere and wee dynamic enough to get a deal done

They found someone more desperate.

I don't really see what the discussion is here, there's nothing to suggest we missed out.

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:37 - Jul 9 with 4174 viewsitfcjoe

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:30 - Jul 9 by footers

What do you know about those ‘chancers’? They have worked closely with Joe Royke at Wigan and things appear to be going well

I’ve not looked into them in great detail but nothing to suggest they are poor owners or fly by nights that I can see

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:42 - Jul 9 with 4125 viewsfooters

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:37 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

What do you know about those ‘chancers’? They have worked closely with Joe Royke at Wigan and things appear to be going well

I’ve not looked into them in great detail but nothing to suggest they are poor owners or fly by nights that I can see

Poorly worded from me, Joe. I shouldn't have said 'those' in relation to the new lot, no real idea about them tbh.

What I should say is that I meant some of the *reported* offers to ME previously, many of whom I understood to be a bit like that.

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:43 - Jul 9 with 4106 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:37 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

They finished 18th having taken over a steady club with a settled manager in November.

During their tenure they have recouped £4m in fees and spent nothing.

I think this is a case of 'wait and see'.

You would think ME turned down a meeting with Sheikh Mansour or something.

LOL

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:59 - Jul 9 with 4027 viewsSWGF

Was longer ago than that, I think, and wasn't before a game. It was during the week. Were given the whole tour. I don't know why nothing came if it. That'd be conjecture on my behalf.

Joe Royle - Director of Football by SWGF 7 Nov 2018 12:40
Not as interesting as his son being shown around Town with a group of investors (presumably the lot that have just bought Wigan) a year or two ago.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 23:14 - Jul 9 with 3949 viewshomer_123

I never knew that the new owners of Wigan were interested in Ipswich first on 22:25 - Jul 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

If it was such a tax advantage, surely he would engineer to lose more money?

Relegation? ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024