Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OTD last year 10:51 - May 28 with 655 viewsSitfcB

We were all buzzing

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

OTD last year on 11:03 - May 28 with 618 viewsPJH

I was, because I was going on holiday the next day.
OTD last year on 11:05 - May 28 with 614 viewsSwansea_Blue

Assuming this is about Hurst, not everyone was buzzing. Interesting when you see the news comments on the story about being given permission to speak to Hursty, they are all positive except one from......

jonnosdreadlocks
Always knew jonno knows the score

Town Granted Permission to Speak to Hurst 28th May 2018 21:51
Town have been given permission to speak to Shrewsbury manager Paul Hurst about the vacancy at Portman Road, the two clubs have announced. We understand Hurst could be confirmed as Blues boss as soon as tomorrow. 60

A few of us fence sitting to against him here too -
Is it Mick McCarthy 2.0.... surely not....? by Swansea_Blue 30 May 2018 19:06
Must admit that I keep having irrational thoughts along the same lines. No idea why (otherwise they wouldn’t be irrational!). Maybe it comes back to us not going for the likes of Ross or Nathan Jones who made headlines for their teams’ attacking play. Dunno.

I also worry that the changes, on top of ME’s austerity drive means we’ll really struggle. There’s only so long, in the main, that teams can fail to invest season after season before it catches up with them. But hopefully we’ll continue to buck that trend.

No logic to any of this of course. And I’m pretty neutral to Hurst’s appointment - and in no way against it. As with any manager (Keane aside) I’m quite happy to see how things go. All I ask is we see some progression in his first 6 months or so.

Maybe this is just a long-winded way of saying his appointment doesn’t excite me. But that obviously doesn’t mean it couldn’t turn out to be a very shrewd one.

Or it just means I’m a miserable bügger!

[Post edited 28 May 2019 12:32]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

OTD last year on 11:06 - May 28 with 608 viewsBlueBadger

Pffft, it's better this year because apparently we're going to win the 3rd division with 328 points and 800 goals scored.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

OTD last year on 11:06 - May 28 with 606 viewsKieran_Knows

I must admit I was, thought it was a decent appointment at the time but what a complete couple of c*ckwombles he and Doig were.

Interesting to read earlier that Ken Goody said he knew after the 2-0 defeat to Braintree in pre-season that is wasn't going to be a good season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024