Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching the women's FA Cup final 18:37 - May 4 with 3901 viewsDubtractor

I'm not one to be negative, but it really is pretty poor quality stuff.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Racist.... on 18:44 - May 4 with 3873 viewsBloots

….or summink.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 18:58 - May 4 with 3843 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oi, that's not the party line.

To be fair, it's a hell of a long way behind in terms of youth development and number of participants, so the current players will never compare to the men's game.

But it's all part of developing the women's game for the future. I imagine this exposure will lead to much better standards in say 15-20 years time.

I think the media overhype the quality, which doesn't do them any favours.

It is what it is.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:02 - May 4 with 3831 viewsFtnfwest

You can’t say that!! (The goalkeepers always give it away btw)
Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:09 - May 4 with 3796 viewsBLUEBEAT

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:02 - May 4 by Ftnfwest

Do they?!?!

Has anyone checked Bart’s testosterone levels...?

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:11 - May 4 with 3791 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Yup

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:17 - May 4 with 3775 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Technically some of the attacking play has been ok, city have some good forward players by the looks of it.

Doesn't seem to have much play in midfield, and the defenders don't seem great.

Strange thing seems to be the commentators talking about fatigue after 70 mins as if they are well into extra time.

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:38 - May 4 with 3731 viewssparks

It is not permissible to say that.

You have to acknowledge it as equal, and that it has been held back due to prejudice.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:52 - May 4 with 3688 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn’t watch Harry’s Heroes when it was on TV, but saw (scanned through) one of the episodes on Youtube recently. For those who don’t know, it was Harry Redknapp managing a team of has been ex-pros, leading up to (I think, but haven’t seen this bit) a match against Germany. His team were great players in their time but are now in their 40s and 50s and were straining their shirts to the limit, to say the least.

Anyway, as a warm up game these fat middle aged blokes who could barely run fairly comfortably dospatched a top level women’s team (think it was Palace). I mean comfortably in a football sense; it obviously wasn’t literally comfortable for the blokes as they looked close to heart attacks.

Probably says it all, although of course it could all have been staged for TV.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 20:10 - May 4 with 3644 viewsquirkie

Someone might aswell say it, an U13 boys team would beat the winners 6-0.

The standard of even the highest level of women's football is atrocious.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 20:12 - May 4 with 3634 viewsSomethingBlue

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:38 - May 4 by sparks

It is not permissible to say that.

You have to acknowledge it as equal, and that it has been held back due to prejudice.

Do you think it was held back by the FA banning it for 50 years?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 20:22 - May 4 with 3603 viewsWD19

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 19:52 - May 4 by Swansea_Blue

I didn’t watch Harry’s Heroes when it was on TV, but saw (scanned through) one of the episodes on Youtube recently. For those who don’t know, it was Harry Redknapp managing a team of has been ex-pros, leading up to (I think, but haven’t seen this bit) a match against Germany. His team were great players in their time but are now in their 40s and 50s and were straining their shirts to the limit, to say the least.

Anyway, as a warm up game these fat middle aged blokes who could barely run fairly comfortably dospatched a top level women’s team (think it was Palace). I mean comfortably in a football sense; it obviously wasn’t literally comfortable for the blokes as they looked close to heart attacks.

Probably says it all, although of course it could all have been staged for TV.

They won 1-0. A Paul Merson goal. So says the internet.
Watching the women's FA Cup final on 20:55 - May 4 with 3534 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Was at the game. Not the best quality advert for the women’s game to be fair, seen better particularly from city and indeed Arsenal this season. Money being ploughed in and it is improving at all levels, particularly the super league. Sad thing is Ipswich being left behind - opportunity missed, when the likes of Basildon ladies are playing at a higher level.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 21:00 - May 4 with 3525 viewsronnyd

I totally agree, i find the female game very uninspiring and lacking in basic ball control at times. Even worse than Scottish fayre.
[Post edited 4 May 2019 21:01]
Watching the women's FA Cup final on 21:02 - May 4 with 3509 viewsSwansea_Blue

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 20:22 - May 4 by WD19

They won 1-0. A Paul Merson goal. So says the internet.

Correct, they did and at a canter. Well more of a waddle really, especially in Razor Ruddock’s case. It was a bit of an eye opener that a current pro women’s team at the peak of their careers couldn’t really get close to causing them problems. Mind you, the likes of Merson and Le Tis still have the touch and vision if not the physique any more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 21:46 - May 4 with 3434 viewsgtsb

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 21:00 - May 4 by ronnyd

I totally agree, i find the female game very uninspiring and lacking in basic ball control at times. Even worse than Scottish fayre.
[Post edited 4 May 2019 21:01]

I'm with you. I find womens football absolute shoite. Can't say things like that nowadays though can I.
Watching the women's FA Cup final on 21:57 - May 4 with 3408 viewsHARRY10

Don't laugh.............please

But you may want to turn the sound down a good bit, otherwise enjoy

(1.35m sums it up)

[Post edited 4 May 2019 22:10]
Watching the women's FA Cup final on 23:17 - May 4 with 3325 viewsClapham_Junction

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 21:57 - May 4 by HARRY10

Don't laugh.............please

But you may want to turn the sound down a good bit, otherwise enjoy

(1.35m sums it up)

[Post edited 4 May 2019 22:10]

To be fair, anyone who follows Crap 90s football on Twitter will know that male footballers are capable of equal moments of brilliance.

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 06:56 - May 5 with 3179 viewsDubtractor

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 18:58 - May 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oi, that's not the party line.

To be fair, it's a hell of a long way behind in terms of youth development and number of participants, so the current players will never compare to the men's game.

But it's all part of developing the women's game for the future. I imagine this exposure will lead to much better standards in say 15-20 years time.

I think the media overhype the quality, which doesn't do them any favours.

It is what it is.

Agree with all of that.

I don't have any issue with the coverage the womens game gets, just an observation that the final was pretty poor quality.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 07:43 - May 5 with 3127 viewsDubtractor

Watching the women's FA Cup final on 23:17 - May 4 by Clapham_Junction

To be fair, anyone who follows Crap 90s football on Twitter will know that male footballers are capable of equal moments of brilliance.

Crap 90s Football is prob my favourite twitter feed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024