Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today 10:51 - Mar 16 with 1430 viewsLord_Lucan

probably because I'm still p1ssed from last night.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 12:17 - Mar 16 with 1372 viewsWickwar_Blue

Well... after a few beers last night I put money on us winning today. I have a feeling we’ll do it.
I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 12:21 - Mar 16 with 1364 viewsBinner

I hope somebody tells the players...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 12:26 - Mar 16 with 1351 viewsWonky

Don't care. It's positive, however doubtful.
I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 12:44 - Mar 16 with 1325 viewsTractorWood

Hope so, bit irrelevant now though.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 13:40 - Mar 16 with 1256 viewsGuthrum

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 12:44 - Mar 16 by TractorWood

Hope so, bit irrelevant now though.

Not entirely. Concede one fewer goals per game (or score one more), turn draws into wins and who knows what may happen?

I don't think it's very likely, but is still possible ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Arf on 13:41 - Mar 16 with 1250 viewsDyland

I think we’re cut from a similar cloth old chap

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Arf on 13:52 - Mar 16 with 1221 viewsjeera

Arf on 13:41 - Mar 16 by Dyland

I think we’re cut from a similar cloth old chap

A raggedy bit of old hessian found at the back of the shed?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 13:55 - Mar 16 with 1217 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 13:40 - Mar 16 by Guthrum

Not entirely. Concede one fewer goals per game (or score one more), turn draws into wins and who knows what may happen?

I don't think it's very likely, but is still possible ...

Indeed. Last time we got relegated, we had that bizarre run of 7 wins out of 8 in the middle and we only won 2 games out of 30 in the games either side of it while losing the vast majority. It certainly wouldn't be any stranger to start converting our recent good performances into wins.

It would be typical of us to go on a silly run now when it's almost done and dusted, and end up relegated by two or three points.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 13:57 - Mar 16 with 1212 viewsTractorWood

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 13:55 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. Last time we got relegated, we had that bizarre run of 7 wins out of 8 in the middle and we only won 2 games out of 30 in the games either side of it while losing the vast majority. It certainly wouldn't be any stranger to start converting our recent good performances into wins.

It would be typical of us to go on a silly run now when it's almost done and dusted, and end up relegated by two or three points.

It would be very atypical based on what I've seen this season.

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 14:01 - Mar 16 with 1203 viewsGuthrum

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 13:57 - Mar 16 by TractorWood

However, if you look at it as a progression, rather than a season average, maybe things are coming together at last. That first 20 minutes at Bristol was some of the best football I've ever seen us play.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 14:04 - Mar 16 with 1192 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 13:57 - Mar 16 by TractorWood

Of course. But still not as atypical as that run in 2001-02.

Pronouns: He/Him

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 14:24 - Mar 16 with 1150 viewsTractorWood

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 14:01 - Mar 16 by Guthrum

However, if you look at it as a progression, rather than a season average, maybe things are coming together at last. That first 20 minutes at Bristol was some of the best football I've ever seen us play.

We were good but had no cutting edge. It was patently clear we would concede at the first opportunity. We've had lots of good spells this season but we just look totally gutless in the final third as there is no quality or strategy to score with any regularity. When this is paired with a really weak defence, we've been hung out to dry this season whilst playing ok in decent spells.

Football is about results ultimately, you can lose and say you played well every week but it's really just escapism. Some people were gushing with pride after the derby with Norwich. League one epitomises this. Luton are flowing but fearlessly direct, we need to be like that next term.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 14:25]

I don't know why but I think we will have a convincing win today on 14:42 - Mar 16 with 1110 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have gone for a 1-1 draw.

Probably a lazy reaction to the fact 5 of our last 6 have been rather than the way we played mid-week and the form Forest are on.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024