Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad for next season... what do we need? 15:47 - Mar 3 with 1941 viewsMrTown

My squad list:

Certainty:
Emmanuel
Nsiala
Woolfenden
Nolan
Bishop
Skuse
Downes
Edwards
Lankester
Harrison
Morris
Sears

Maybe/Maybe Nots:
Bialkowski
Dozzell
Roberts
Rowe
Donacien
Jackson

Out of contracts (inc loans):
Chambers
Kenlock
Knudsen
Gerken
Collins
Judge
Ward
Adeyemi
Elder
Keane
Quaner
Chalobah
Pennington
Dawkins
Spence
Bree

The size of this rebuild we need and are going to undertake this summer is ridiculous! But what are we going to need next season. For me we need a League 1 proven/prolific goal scorer for certain at the top of the list.

GK
LB
CB
RB
ST
LM

[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 16:52]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 16:02 - Mar 3 with 1887 viewsFtnfwest

Freddie? (Assume huws and Adeyemi are out as well?)
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 16:02]
Good point on 16:04 - Mar 3 with 1876 viewsBobbychase

The position of goalscorer has not been cherished enough by ITFC over the past few seasons. I would defend Mick on a few levels but he didn't leave us in great shape at the end of last season with the McGoldrick situation. Which meant we had Garner, Waghorn and Sears to choose from and of those three I'd have only wanted Sears to leave!

Pitman and Marriott also allowed to leave - not great planning. In plenty of games this season we've had lots of possession and chances but nobody to take them.

I'd see an attacking set of players comprising the following as more than competitive in L1:
Edwards
Nolan
Judge
Bishop
Dozzell
Lankester
Rowe
Keane
Harrison
Jackson
+ 1 more striker, a very dependable finisher in the David Nugent/Billy Sharp mould

As for defence - major overhaul needed and with Bree, Pennington and Collins all loans and Knudsen probably off, it will get one. Woolfenden now has a season in L1 under his belt

Bart will be off. Get rid of Gerken and sign experienced keeper and use Wright as back up

Oh and get rid of Ward. Waste of a contract.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 16:07]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 16:10 - Mar 3 with 1850 viewsBobbychase

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 16:02 - Mar 3 by Ftnfwest

A fully fit Huws would have a field day in L1. He'd probably score 15 from midfield. Sadly we have to resign ourselves that one of our most exciting players of recent years is made of glass and sticking plaster

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 16:54 - Mar 3 with 1775 viewsMrTown

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 16:02 - Mar 3 by Ftnfwest

Forgot about Freddie, he’ll would like to see him used as a 2 in the diamond at the top, think him and Keane would have been a very good pair.

Adeyemi our of contract, no point in considering Huws, I don’t think he’ll ever play more than 15 games a season in his career again!

Good point on 16:58 - Mar 3 with 1756 viewsMrTown

Good point on 16:04 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

The position of goalscorer has not been cherished enough by ITFC over the past few seasons. I would defend Mick on a few levels but he didn't leave us in great shape at the end of last season with the McGoldrick situation. Which meant we had Garner, Waghorn and Sears to choose from and of those three I'd have only wanted Sears to leave!

Pitman and Marriott also allowed to leave - not great planning. In plenty of games this season we've had lots of possession and chances but nobody to take them.

I'd see an attacking set of players comprising the following as more than competitive in L1:
Edwards
Nolan
Judge
Bishop
Dozzell
Lankester
Rowe
Keane
Harrison
Jackson
+ 1 more striker, a very dependable finisher in the David Nugent/Billy Sharp mould

As for defence - major overhaul needed and with Bree, Pennington and Collins all loans and Knudsen probably off, it will get one. Woolfenden now has a season in L1 under his belt

Bart will be off. Get rid of Gerken and sign experienced keeper and use Wright as back up

Oh and get rid of Ward. Waste of a contract.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 16:07]

Goal scorer is something we are desperate for. I’d love to see ya settle on a shape, it’s the only way players are going to get used to each other.

I have no idea why we switched away from the diamond, it’s the best we’ve played all season!

League 1 goal scorers? Is there any who are reknowned? Pitman? Ian Henderson? McNulty? J.Mason?

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 17:28 - Mar 3 with 1677 viewsportmanking

If Nsiala is a 'certainty' for us in League 1, we might need to get our maps out for League Two next April.

The guy is an absolute clown. He makes Georges Santos look like Beckenbauer. Had one good season as a stopper for Shrewsbury last year, but his natural level is Conference/League 2 without doubt.
Squad for next season... what do we need? on 17:36 - Mar 3 with 1651 viewsPecker

We will need players who go straight into X1. Our squad is massive and we need to get rid of many and only keep the ones who will offer something. We need.
New GK
New RB
New LB
New CB/Collins.
New HM
New F x2.

That is a big ask, but it is what we need. Judge/Collins to stay and add at least 6 players capable of starting. Get rid of all loans and build a side capable of going up and then build on that. Those who think our current squad is good enough will be sadly disappointed.
Good point on 21:00 - Mar 3 with 1465 viewsTendring_Blue

Good point on 16:58 - Mar 3 by MrTown

Goal scorer is something we are desperate for. I’d love to see ya settle on a shape, it’s the only way players are going to get used to each other.

I have no idea why we switched away from the diamond, it’s the best we’ve played all season!

League 1 goal scorers? Is there any who are reknowned? Pitman? Ian Henderson? McNulty? J.Mason?

James Norwood.

We should sign him.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 21:15 - Mar 3 with 1450 viewsTrequartista

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 17:28 - Mar 3 by portmanking

If Nsiala is a 'certainty' for us in League 1, we might need to get our maps out for League Two next April.

The guy is an absolute clown. He makes Georges Santos look like Beckenbauer. Had one good season as a stopper for Shrewsbury last year, but his natural level is Conference/League 2 without doubt.

58 appearances for the team with the second best defence in League One last season suggests otherwise.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 21:56 - Mar 3 with 1379 viewsSuperblue95

From that post I’d call you more a clown than I would Nsiala

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 22:05 - Mar 3 with 1354 viewsportmanking

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 21:56 - Mar 3 by Superblue95

From that post I’d call you more a clown than I would Nsiala

Pahaha. You can't be serious? Even the U23s have no respect for Toto. He's a clogger that is playing way above his station. I have nothing against the guy, he seems very well-grounded and down to earth but he is out of his depth.
Good point on 22:08 - Mar 3 with 1350 viewsMrTown

Good point on 21:00 - Mar 3 by Tendring_Blue

James Norwood.

We should sign him.

Good shout, has scored a shed load of goals during the last 2 seasons.

Contract up in the summer as well.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2019 22:08]

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 22:11 - Mar 3 with 1333 viewsMrTown

The thing is he actually had a good game bar his error, obviously that will naturally over shadow his overall performance.

He is too erratic at times, but not as bad as you seem to make out, needs some fine tuning but could be a decent defender next year for us.

Squad for next season... what do we need? on 22:12 - Mar 3 with 1333 viewstextbackup

am I completely wrong in thinking LC's had a year extension automatically kick in?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024