Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... 22:44 - Feb 3 with 2051 viewsITFC_Forever

... the most painful defeat to them. We’re probably going down anyway, and it’ll be by more than the 3 points that we could have had against Norwich.

The PO Semi was more painful, and going back further, the Milk Cup Semi and then the Easter defeat in 1981 - they still went down, we missed out on the League.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 22:56 - Feb 3 with 1983 viewsDinnernotTea

The 5-1 at home on that Thursday night will haunt me forever. Bizarrely I was comfortable with the Play Off tie because I always knew we had zero chance at the start but that 5-1 was still the early years of taking scum seriously.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 22:58 - Feb 3 with 1972 viewsgainsboroughblue

I was at two of the three you mention.

Can't remember how many points we missed out by, but that overturned penalty decision up there didn't help us not making the play-offs in 95-96.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:12 - Feb 3 with 1935 viewsGarv

It would take a lot to top last season. Two defenders and our keeper switched off, what are the chances?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:24 - Feb 3 with 1916 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Ipswich 1-5 Norwich

That the was the most painful footballing day of my life. Ever. That fat useless moron Jewell our worst ever manager prior to Hurst. Norris having been our skipper despite his mind being somewhere else (contract talks, give me what I want otherwise I'll go to Portsmouth). Lee-Barrett between the sticks whereas far better goalie in Fulop left on the bench.

The gulf between them and us is embarrassing. Not only on the pitch just off it too. Pains me to say but another humiliation will be deserved punishment for the way our club has been run by that worm Evans.
Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:24 - Feb 3 with 1913 viewspatrickswell

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 22:58 - Feb 3 by gainsboroughblue

I was at two of the three you mention.

Can't remember how many points we missed out by, but that overturned penalty decision up there didn't help us not making the play-offs in 95-96.

It was two points in 95-96. Letting a 2 goal lead slip at Carrow Road to draw 2-2 in 2007-08 and missing out on the pla-offs by 1 point was more galling.
Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:49 - Feb 3 with 1845 viewsHARRY10

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 22:56 - Feb 3 by DinnernotTea

The 5-1 at home on that Thursday night will haunt me forever. Bizarrely I was comfortable with the Play Off tie because I always knew we had zero chance at the start but that 5-1 was still the early years of taking scum seriously.

That was self inflicted by some of or players not really giving it their all.

Beaten by that margin at home hurts if it is anybody but more so as it was that lot and we had thought we might put a spoke in their promotion hopes.

Whatever happens on Sunday I want to see us give everything we've got. There's no shame in that, and it will be a sure indication of who will be up for it next season.

If the scum can pull together a bunch of virtual nobodies, acadamy youngsters and top the league then we can under the right direction. And however painful Sunday might be it can never equal that Thursday night when we really thought we could turn them over. This time we don't have that mindset so we go into this eyes wide open with nothing to lose.
Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:54 - Feb 3 with 1836 viewsgainsboroughblue

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:24 - Feb 3 by patrickswell

It was two points in 95-96. Letting a 2 goal lead slip at Carrow Road to draw 2-2 in 2007-08 and missing out on the pla-offs by 1 point was more galling.

Crikey. I didn't connect the two events. We were absolutely battering them and seemed a case of how many we'd score.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:57 - Feb 3 with 1822 viewsMrTown

5-1 at home after already been beaten away was painful. The battered us throughout, thank god we now have their manager to replicate in a few years.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 00:42 - Feb 4 with 1750 viewsChampionship

The 5-1 hurt badly. Start of 5 days off, so pumped up and then we got completely owned.
Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 03:49 - Feb 4 with 1613 viewsIllinoisblue

that is true BUT a 6-0 (or worse) ass-pounding next week is going to hurt. and then some.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 06:43 - Feb 4 with 1505 viewsITFC_Forever

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 23:54 - Feb 3 by gainsboroughblue

Crikey. I didn't connect the two events. We were absolutely battering them and seemed a case of how many we'd score.

Me neither... What a crap life we lead.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Even if we get humped next Sunday, it still won’t be.... on 07:20 - Feb 4 with 1455 viewstextbackup

im still not even remotely over the 5-1, the only way I would have got over that is the PO game, had we won that.....
but we didn't, we lost. so doubly worse.
last itfc home win vs them I saw was the 5-0.
last win away was Haynes hand ball....

we've been pathetic

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024