Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. 22:25 - Jan 8 with 2463 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 22:28 - Jan 8 with 2444 viewsgrimboy

For whom?
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:17 - Jan 8 with 2397 viewsfactual_blue

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 22:28 - Jan 8 by grimboy

For whom?

It's good for people who believe in parliamentary democracy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:46 - Jan 8 with 2368 viewsJ2BLUE

Just watched the Brexit Uncivil War tv programme. Very interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:54 - Jan 8 with 2358 viewsjeera

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:46 - Jan 8 by J2BLUE

Just watched the Brexit Uncivil War tv programme. Very interesting.

It was worth watching then?

I sort of considered it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:59 - Jan 8 with 2352 viewsgrimboy

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:17 - Jan 8 by factual_blue

It's good for people who believe in parliamentary democracy.

Lol you mean like the Brexit vote that was won by the leavers and the remainers want to change the out come of the vote because they didn’t like the result.
Yeah democracy I use to know that.
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:05 - Jan 9 with 2345 viewsjeera

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:59 - Jan 8 by grimboy

Lol you mean like the Brexit vote that was won by the leavers and the remainers want to change the out come of the vote because they didn’t like the result.

People have got to stop using this term 'won'.

It's scary that anyone could think the future of this country is some kind of game to be won.

Nobody 'won' anything.

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:11 - Jan 9 with 2339 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:05 - Jan 9 by jeera

It's scary that anyone could think the future of this country is some kind of game to be won.

Nobody 'won' anything.

Indeed, popular opinion was sounded through a referendum that gave a somewhat unclear outcome and yet that is the be all and end all. Those who have changed their minds or admit they did not sign up for May's deal or No deal must be silenced. The lies of Johnson and Farage "won" and we must never be consulted again. Control was handed back to parliament. How dare they try to do what is best for the country against the will of those people who don't want any further democracy ever?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:16 - Jan 9 with 2330 viewsgrimboy

Nobody 'won' anything.

That’s lost me completely that response,was the vote a Draw ?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 0:26]
Login to get fewer ads

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:24 - Jan 9 with 2325 viewsJ2BLUE

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:54 - Jan 8 by jeera

It was worth watching then?

I sort of considered it.

I enjoyed it. Painted leave as the villains but I don’t think either group came across well. Obviously it was all dramatised. As a balanced Remainer I would be interested in your thoughts. To me it came across as a war between two rival camps with the people in the middle and both sides willing to do anything and say anything to get people to vote their way.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:35 - Jan 9 with 2316 viewsjeera

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:24 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

I enjoyed it. Painted leave as the villains but I don’t think either group came across well. Obviously it was all dramatised. As a balanced Remainer I would be interested in your thoughts. To me it came across as a war between two rival camps with the people in the middle and both sides willing to do anything and say anything to get people to vote their way.

Fair enough buh. I might stick it on a bit later then.

Thanks.

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 02:26 - Jan 9 with 2275 viewsLord_Lucan

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:11 - Jan 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed, popular opinion was sounded through a referendum that gave a somewhat unclear outcome and yet that is the be all and end all. Those who have changed their minds or admit they did not sign up for May's deal or No deal must be silenced. The lies of Johnson and Farage "won" and we must never be consulted again. Control was handed back to parliament. How dare they try to do what is best for the country against the will of those people who don't want any further democracy ever?

How clear does a majority have to be? I’m confused on this, perhaps you can help.

Can we replay all the games we lost by one goal this season?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 06:30 - Jan 9 with 2199 viewsBenters2

Nobody 'won' anything.

But if the vote had gone in the remainers way there wouldnt have been any talk of another vote.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 6:43]
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 06:54 - Jan 9 with 2177 viewsBloomBlue

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:11 - Jan 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

So we should never have a vote again not even a general election?
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 06:58 - Jan 9 with 2165 viewsBenters2

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 06:54 - Jan 9 by BloomBlue

So we should never have a vote again not even a general election?

Democracy in this country is dead.
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 07:43 - Jan 9 with 2134 viewsxrayspecs

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 06:30 - Jan 9 by Benters2

But if the vote had gone in the remainers way there wouldnt have been any talk of another vote.

Like in Scotland when SNP failed to get a majority to support their independence referendum?
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 07:56 - Jan 9 with 2119 viewsbluelagos

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 06:30 - Jan 9 by Benters2

You may wish to think again Benters
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

I remember on the night of the vote (when remain was thought to have won) Farage calling for a new referendum...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 08:04 - Jan 9 with 2097 viewsm14_blue

You can’t be serious?
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 08:04 - Jan 9 with 2094 viewsBenters2

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 07:56 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

You may wish to think again Benters
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36306681

I remember on the night of the vote (when remain was thought to have won) Farage calling for a new referendum...

Well apart from that
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 10:03 - Jan 9 with 2021 viewsBlueBadger

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 00:16 - Jan 9 by grimboy

That’s lost me completely that response,was the vote a Draw ?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 0:26]

It was close enough that Nigel Farage thinks there should be a second vote..
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farage-52-48_uk_5820dc7ce4b020461a1

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 10:06 - Jan 9 with 2016 viewseireblue

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 10:03 - Jan 9 by BlueBadger

It was close enough that Nigel Farage thinks there should be a second vote..
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nigel-farage-52-48_uk_5820dc7ce4b020461a1

And Farage is nothing, if not a man of his word.

Oh.
Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 10:07 - Jan 9 with 2010 viewsNo9

Good to see Parliament taking back control of brexit. on 23:59 - Jan 8 by grimboy

The tories killed democracy a long while ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024