Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got caught up in the emotions? 03:00 - Jan 2 with 1161 viewsJimInGreensboro

From PL's post-game presser:
“I think we got caught up with the emotion of the game as well, the lads started to get emotionally involved in some of the decisions, which I thought were strange.”
What does that mean? These are professionals. How do they "get emotionally involved" to the extent that they make "strange" decisions? If so, isn't that the manager's job to sort them out?
Really baffling statement.

Got caught up in the emotions? on 08:57 - Jan 2 with 1026 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I found it especially strange to say when if anybody got emotionally involved it was him.
Got caught up in the emotions? on 08:59 - Jan 2 with 1020 viewsJimmyJazz

The worrying thing is that we either have winnable games - which take on a huge importance and we get caught in the emotion, or we have games we almost regard as a 2-0 defeat before the game starts such as our recent away games.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:00 - Jan 2 with 1017 viewschicoazul

He means they played really badly.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:29 - Jan 2 with 972 viewsSarge

I think he means the referee’s decisions were strange. Which is putting it lightly, they were downright criminal.
Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:31 - Jan 2 with 962 viewsSomethingBlue

Chico is right, he is just looking for ways not to say they completely capitulated. It's fair enough.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:36 - Jan 2 with 940 viewsHerbivore

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:29 - Jan 2 by Sarge

I think he means the referee’s decisions were strange. Which is putting it lightly, they were downright criminal.

This. I think the penalty is harsh, he seems to run past Chambo from behind him and fall over, nothing in it really. Their striker has clattered Gerken for the third goal too and I understand a very dubious free kick preceded the corner they scored from. It's a young and inexperienced squad, things repeatedly going against them is going to have an impact. It's why we need more experienced heads in the team.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:38 - Jan 2 with 932 viewsMullet

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:36 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

This. I think the penalty is harsh, he seems to run past Chambo from behind him and fall over, nothing in it really. Their striker has clattered Gerken for the third goal too and I understand a very dubious free kick preceded the corner they scored from. It's a young and inexperienced squad, things repeatedly going against them is going to have an impact. It's why we need more experienced heads in the team.

I think he's clearly referring to Downes nearly chinning the ref after the free kick which led to the second goal. Wins the ball, gets penalised, loses his head and gets a booking.

After that it go fractious every time he blew up I guess.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:42 - Jan 2 with 907 viewsHerbivore

Got caught up in the emotions? on 09:38 - Jan 2 by Mullet

I think he's clearly referring to Downes nearly chinning the ref after the free kick which led to the second goal. Wins the ball, gets penalised, loses his head and gets a booking.

After that it go fractious every time he blew up I guess.

Yeah, I think that was the decision that really did it. Coming after a pretty soft penalty (for the second game in a row) some of the young ones just lost their heads it seems. Had Skuse been on the pitch it may have been different perhaps, although not the most vocal he is a steady and calming presence.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024