Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight 19:25 - Oct 23 with 2075 viewsNo9

Footsie at 7 month low.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2018/oct/23/markets-fall-risks-italy-b
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:28 - Oct 23 with 2052 viewsKeno

the end of the stable period and the start of something that could get scary

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:31 - Oct 23 with 2051 viewsNo9

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:28 - Oct 23 by Keno

the end of the stable period and the start of something that could get scary

VERY scary, I was listening to an interview with Mr Hammond ( abit back) where he mentioned concerns about the levels of debt in the UK & conceded the UK economy isn't as robust as it was 2007/08
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:34 - Oct 23 with 2032 viewsKeno

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:31 - Oct 23 by No9

VERY scary, I was listening to an interview with Mr Hammond ( abit back) where he mentioned concerns about the levels of debt in the UK & conceded the UK economy isn't as robust as it was 2007/08

The great myth of "Brexit isn't bad look where the FT is' ignores the FT is high is cos sterling nosedived which the effects of will not be seen in the UK in terms if inflation and interest rates for some months to come

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:39 - Oct 23 with 2014 viewsNo9

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:34 - Oct 23 by Keno

The great myth of "Brexit isn't bad look where the FT is' ignores the FT is high is cos sterling nosedived which the effects of will not be seen in the UK in terms if inflation and interest rates for some months to come

The question is how far will sterling fall if the brexiteers get what they want?
That makes everything in the UK cheap including property
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:48 - Oct 23 with 1981 viewsKeno

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:39 - Oct 23 by No9

The question is how far will sterling fall if the brexiteers get what they want?
That makes everything in the UK cheap including property

Parity with the Euro would be funny!!

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:54 - Oct 23 with 1967 viewsjjblue84

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:31 - Oct 23 by No9

That's because every year we spend more than we make because governments won't be honest with their people!
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 1956 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Since when did stock markets reflect anything to do with economic reality?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:56 - Oct 23 with 1955 viewsNo9

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:54 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

That's because every year we spend more than we make because governments won't be honest with their people!

We can see that by how much the national debt has increased
Login to get fewer ads

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:57 - Oct 23 with 1950 viewsNo9

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:48 - Oct 23 by Keno

Parity with the Euro would be funny!!

If you look at what tourist rates are in some shopping areas & airports it is already below the £ to buy
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:01 - Oct 23 with 1939 viewsKeno

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:56 - Oct 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Since when did stock markets reflect anything to do with economic reality?

good question slavey

reflect is maybe not the right word, but they do give an indication of various economic factors and lets not forget ..... ITES

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:10 - Oct 23 with 1922 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:01 - Oct 23 by Keno

good question slavey

reflect is maybe not the right word, but they do give an indication of various economic factors and lets not forget ..... ITES

Remind me, I forgot ! ....It's The Elites Stupid?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:29 - Oct 23 with 1872 viewsKeno

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:10 - Oct 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Remind me, I forgot ! ....It's The Elites Stupid?

you are probably right!!!

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:36 - Oct 23 with 1855 viewsGuthrum

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:54 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

Agree - particularly in the area of taxation and levels of service its expected to fund.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:54 - Oct 23 with 1821 viewsjjblue84

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:36 - Oct 23 by Guthrum

Agree - particularly in the area of taxation and levels of service its expected to fund.

You can almost measure how dishonest a government is by how much debt it piles up...people are immune to reality
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:56 - Oct 23 with 1813 viewsjjblue84

There’s going to be another crash soon...reality will bite hard and could well be triggered by Brexit
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 21:03 - Oct 23 with 1789 viewsPinewoodblue

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 20:56 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

There’s going to be another crash soon...reality will bite hard and could well be triggered by Brexit

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/10178-gbp-eur-and-usd-yoyo-late

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 21:07 - Oct 23 with 1774 viewsclive_baker

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 19:34 - Oct 23 by Keno

I'm actually surprised at how well the £ has held up against the EUR given all the uncertainty. For context, 5 years ago today the £ was worth 1.17 EUR. Today it's 1.14. 2.5% down vs, that, and 17% down vs. 3 years ago. Currencies fluctuate, it's what they do, however I would have expected more given the sh!t show of the past 24 months politically.

It's quite right that FTSE 100 is just a derivative of FX though. It's no indicator of local economic health at all.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 21:11]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 21:40 - Oct 23 with 1706 viewsjjblue84

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 21:03 - Oct 23 by Pinewoodblue

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/10178-gbp-eur-and-usd-yoyo-late

We survive another day...
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 22:48 - Oct 23 with 1609 viewsblueislander

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 21:40 - Oct 23 by jjblue84

We survive another day...

Current stock markets wobbles due mainly to doubts on global trade agreements, plus the Saudi's manipulating the price of oil. Although a correction is ov erdue. " Don't panic Mr.Mainwaring"
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 23:17 - Oct 23 with 1574 viewsjjblue84

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 22:48 - Oct 23 by blueislander

Current stock markets wobbles due mainly to doubts on global trade agreements, plus the Saudi's manipulating the price of oil. Although a correction is ov erdue. " Don't panic Mr.Mainwaring"

But still not reacting to the unpayable debt which climbs higher and higher...not long now. Then the headlines: Why didn’t the economists see it coming?!!
Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 23:34 - Oct 23 with 1533 viewsjaykay

Stock markets around the globe taking a hit tonight on 21:07 - Oct 23 by clive_baker

I'm actually surprised at how well the £ has held up against the EUR given all the uncertainty. For context, 5 years ago today the £ was worth 1.17 EUR. Today it's 1.14. 2.5% down vs, that, and 17% down vs. 3 years ago. Currencies fluctuate, it's what they do, however I would have expected more given the sh!t show of the past 24 months politically.

It's quite right that FTSE 100 is just a derivative of FX though. It's no indicator of local economic health at all.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 21:11]

yet in april 2016 i got 1.24

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024