Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That back 4 though... 18:14 - Oct 20 with 1092 viewsDubtractor

I know I'm only repeating points from elsewhere but......

A clearly limited CB at right back. A right back at left back. A proper cart horse at right CB.

Attempting to play from the back when not one of the 4 are at all comfortable on the ball.

What is it about our recent managers and a determination to play centre backs at right back? So bloody infuriating.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

That back 4 though... on 18:34 - Oct 20 with 1030 viewsArnieM

..... and then there’s the non existent midfield who can’t string two ducking passes together!

I’d have our Academy midfielders in there ahead of bloody Chalobah. Ward is an enigma, Edwards often doubled and running form blind alleys. Even bloody Hyam would have been a better midfielder in there today.
Wtf was Hurst thinking of sending out all our talented youngsters , many of whom are actually better than his imports, and certainly have far more Championship experience !!

Oh and let’s continue play one up front shall we . Just when I’d Hurst going to change his approach as his current tactics clearly do not work.

My main and absolute fear is , WHEN Hurst is sacked , what the hell has he left the incoming manager to work with ffs!!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

That back 4 though... on 18:40 - Oct 20 with 997 views3_5_2

Next game make the best of what we have.

Bart

Donacian penners chambo Knudsen

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

That back 4 though... on 18:42 - Oct 20 with 981 viewsbluefunk

you forgot a right sided CB playing as left sided CB.
That back 4 though... on 18:47 - Oct 20 with 960 views3_5_2

That back 4 though... on 18:42 - Oct 20 by bluefunk

you forgot a right sided CB playing as left sided CB.

Would you play chambers right and Pennington left?

That back 4 though... on 18:50 - Oct 20 with 945 viewsbluefunk

That back 4 though... on 18:47 - Oct 20 by 3_5_2

Would you play chambers right and Pennington left?

Probably not, Chambo is stuck with the left side as we don't have many other options do we, since Hurst's recruitment has been so shambolic. Its still represents an error though
That back 4 though... on 18:52 - Oct 20 with 934 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Our best back five is:
Bartosz
Donacien / Pennington / Chambers / Knudsen

Nsiala is right up there with the worst for jumping into tackles, far to rash for this level, players are too quick for him. Yet another 800,000k WASTED.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

That back 4 though... on 18:55 - Oct 20 with 914 viewshadleighboyblue

That back 4 though... on 18:34 - Oct 20 by ArnieM

..... and then there’s the non existent midfield who can’t string two ducking passes together!

I’d have our Academy midfielders in there ahead of bloody Chalobah. Ward is an enigma, Edwards often doubled and running form blind alleys. Even bloody Hyam would have been a better midfielder in there today.
Wtf was Hurst thinking of sending out all our talented youngsters , many of whom are actually better than his imports, and certainly have far more Championship experience !!

Oh and let’s continue play one up front shall we . Just when I’d Hurst going to change his approach as his current tactics clearly do not work.

My main and absolute fear is , WHEN Hurst is sacked , what the hell has he left the incoming manager to work with ffs!!!

Playing 3 out of the back 4 out of position is never going to work , they look a complete mess .

Knudsen has to be a better left back than Donacien .

Chambers can't play on the left side , he seems to be in a daze these days and definitely not an inspirational skipper .

Sears for all his running is so isolated and ineffective , he is way off being the goalscorer we need

Too many players look no better than Div 1 level .

Ward is so ineffective , he hides most of the game . Lankester showed much more in the short time he was on the field - he deserves a run in the team on that performance .

I wouldn't agree with you about Chalobah , he was at least trying to get things moving forwards , he was far from the worst player today .

With so many new players , inexperienced at this level , it should be time for the experienced players to step up and help the others , but they are letting the team down .

The most worrying things are a lack of goal threat , but also a lack of any ideas or passion ……………….worrying times , we are not in a false position .
That back 4 though... on 18:57 - Oct 20 with 905 views3_5_2

That back 4 though... on 18:52 - Oct 20 by TheTrueBlue1878

Our best back five is:
Bartosz
Donacien / Pennington / Chambers / Knudsen

Nsiala is right up there with the worst for jumping into tackles, far to rash for this level, players are too quick for him. Yet another 800,000k WASTED.

Agree on back 5

Don't think Toto is slow just not good enough

Login to get fewer ads

That back 4 though... on 19:05 - Oct 20 with 867 viewschristiand

None of them are comfortable on the ball, hence the aimless long balls from the back. Nsiala needs to be dropped, he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He gave away the penalty and there should be no complaints - it was stonewall from my viewing, but just about summed up his overall display.

Donacien was caught out a few times because he is a right footer playing on the left whether he was making challenges or dealing with passes with the wrong foot he looked awkward and cumbersome at times.

Stop accommodating players PH and play players in their rightful positions to benefit the team!! At the moment, it looks a shambles.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 19:08]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

That back 4 though... on 20:21 - Oct 20 with 774 viewsVaughan8

I have only watched us a few times on TV/Laptop, so today was my chance to see the team "in the flesh".

The back 4 were absolutely awful. Some people on here were saying Nsiala was a good CB. He is so bad its untrue. Diving in for the penalty was a wrong decision as well. As you say we are playing a CB at RB and then a RB at LB?

Donacien was terrible first half and wasn't involved much second half, but was strolling back near the end. His fitness can't be very good. I know he is a RB, which is why its probably unfair on me to comment on him to day too much, but from what I saw, he wasn't good enough.

Pennington is not a right back. He should be CB with Chambers. He played well (I thought) vs Norwich.

I was up the other end but a Gerken OG suggests he flapped it into his own net? However he saved it from being 4 or 5.

And Chambers was OK but never looks comfortable on the ball

The whole back 4 cannot "pass it out" so why do we insist on this tactic? Is this what it is like every game or was this just a bad game?
But if we play the long ball, we can't have Freddie upfront on his own against CB's who are going to win every header.

Chalobah was awful at defending, but looked OK going forward. I don't rate him as highly as some, but surely should be playing further up the pitch. He as well was guilty of losing the ball at lot in defensive areas.

The rest of the team and the subs, well what can you say. No goal threat at all.
The Edwards sub today has made me think he doesn't know what he is doing. And surely bring Jackson on and play 2 upfront, rather than stick with the system we already were playing and wasn't working. Quite baffling. QPR will not get an easier away game.

This was the worse performance I have seen from Ipswich ever. We were so bad. I feel sorry for you guys who have a season ticket.

If we play like that, we are certain to go down. I wanted this #newera to work but its not. However is it the players aren't good enough? if so, then is sacking Hurst really the thing to do?

Are there any positives from today except this young lad getting some minutes?
That back 4 though... on 20:27 - Oct 20 with 757 viewsstrikalite

That back 4 though... on 18:40 - Oct 20 by 3_5_2

Next game make the best of what we have.

Bart

Donacian penners chambo Knudsen

This all day long, at least you're putting square pegs in square holes...

There is no excuse whatsoever for what he did today..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024