Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night 07:21 - Sep 19 with 4783 viewsartsbossbeard

Plenty of babysitting issues and the missus' Zumba class to contend with I'd imagine.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:27 - Sep 19 with 3703 viewstextbackup

HOliday season isn’t it, and the snow was bad

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:27 - Sep 19 with 3707 viewsCurrie10

I'm going to stick up for people with the red button this season that will effect midweek games.

Lets see what the gate is v Bolton.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:29 - Sep 19 with 3691 viewsBloomBlue

I couldn't believe how empty the ground was last night, it was a disgrace to the Beat's memory and demonstrated how many Town fans are all talk and don't really support the club or it's history.
I thought it would be full with Town fans showing our greatest player the respect he deserves
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:30 - Sep 19 with 3680 viewstextbackup

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:27 - Sep 19 by Currie10

I'm going to stick up for people with the red button this season that will effect midweek games.

NO more than 15k

These lot turn up for one game, it’s pathetic

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:33 - Sep 19 with 3665 viewsITFC_Forever

Red button is a lazy way out, but shame on the Football League and Sky for doing this.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:34 - Sep 19 with 3653 viewsCurrie10

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:30 - Sep 19 by textbackup

NO more than 15k

These lot turn up for one game, it’s pathetic

Ahhh gwan I'll say we'll get 16,500 v Bolton.

Still, that would be 8500 down v Norwich.

We'll see, we'll see.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:38 - Sep 19 with 3629 viewsBenters2

I used the red button but only in the second half as i crashed out for a bit.

I like threads like this,where people call people out for not going.

If i come along Saturday,will that make up for last night?
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:44 - Sep 19 with 3586 viewsTractorWood

A few I know only went to pay their respects to the Beat too.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:45 - Sep 19 with 3586 viewsReuser_is_God

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:29 - Sep 19 by BloomBlue

I couldn't believe how empty the ground was last night, it was a disgrace to the Beat's memory and demonstrated how many Town fans are all talk and don't really support the club or it's history.
I thought it would be full with Town fans showing our greatest player the respect he deserves

Bloke I work with talks constantly about Beattie, idolised the bloke.

I asked him on Monday ‘are you gonna go to the game Tuesday?’

His response ‘nah, I’m not gonna bother’

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:50 - Sep 19 with 3555 viewsBluebell

We were there last night (and the Norwich game). Not sure if I have ever mentioned that we live 150 miles from Ipswich.

We also want to bring 2 others on Saturday. I can't do it online as I will need to move seats as there are no spare ones around us.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody know the number I have to ring to do that?
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:56 - Sep 19 with 3517 viewsBenters2

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:50 - Sep 19 by Bluebell

We were there last night (and the Norwich game). Not sure if I have ever mentioned that we live 150 miles from Ipswich.

We also want to bring 2 others on Saturday. I can't do it online as I will need to move seats as there are no spare ones around us.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody know the number I have to ring to do that?

300 miles round trip that is some effort.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 08:01 - Sep 19 with 3496 viewstomo

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:44 - Sep 19 by TractorWood

A few I know only went to pay their respects to the Beat too.

I was 50/50 until The Beat passed, I was surprised and a bit disappointed when I turned up and saw all the empty seats. Horrible journey back to Brighton with parts of A12, M25 and M23 shut.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 08:10 - Sep 19 with 3453 viewsgt81

Or it could just be that with the average working class supporters' purchasing power down, people cannot afford to throw money at a team that isn't guaranteed to provide any return on investment.

Football isn't a charity, it's a capitalist enterprise that exploits the good will of supporters, but said good will isn't infinite.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 08:10 - Sep 19 with 3447 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:56 - Sep 19 by Benters2

300 miles round trip that is some effort.

Brains and beauty (so I hear!) Benters......good work.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 08:40 - Sep 19 with 3349 viewsRegencyBlue

Most fans turn up for local derby shocker!

Lets be blunt here, its taken the Evans regime ten years to reduce our crowds to what they are these days.

Its going to take a long, long time to repair that damage!
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 09:21 - Sep 19 with 3255 viewsFtnfwest

Although was probably a fair reflection of the attendance unlike last season when at times there were about 9,000 there. So with barely any away fans it wasn't that bad really. Would have hoped for a couple of thousand more maybe given circumstances
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:24 - Sep 19 with 3168 viewsTractorWood

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 08:01 - Sep 19 by tomo

I was 50/50 until The Beat passed, I was surprised and a bit disappointed when I turned up and saw all the empty seats. Horrible journey back to Brighton with parts of A12, M25 and M23 shut.

Great effort from the South coast. Although I didn't see him play, the way my family talk about him, I had to go.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:28 - Sep 19 with 3149 viewschicoazul

Fewer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:29 - Sep 19 with 3148 viewsCurrie10

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 08:40 - Sep 19 by RegencyBlue

Most fans turn up for local derby shocker!

Lets be blunt here, its taken the Evans regime ten years to reduce our crowds to what they are these days.

Its going to take a long, long time to repair that damage!

Not having that.

Poses the question, of do we have fans supporting the team, or people attending that despise Norwich.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:38 - Sep 19 with 3130 viewsElephantintheRoom

Your myopic view on life needs correcting. Beattie was a stalwart 40 years ago. The vast majority od Town supporters from that era no longer go for physiological reasons, or from personal choice. The club now is something of an insult to what it was back then. Many of today's supporters neither know what the club used to be nor recognize what it has become. Add that to the difficulty of getting to Portman Road in midweek and the perceived difference in box office appeal between Brentford and Norwich and the huge difference in attendance is entirely understandable. Finally IF you supported what ITFC once was and saw Beattie play it IS possible to show remorse and remember a great legend through your own personal respect and memories. Hijacking a Brentford game at short notice for an all-time great does him a disservice.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:39 - Sep 19 with 3127 viewsFifeITFC

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:29 - Sep 19 by Currie10

Not having that.

Poses the question, of do we have fans supporting the team, or people attending that despise Norwich.

Don't be silly. Look at every single team's local derby and you will see a spike in attendance at single one.

Same as if your team gets to a final or a big game. Happens everywhere and human nature.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:48 - Sep 19 with 3108 viewsBluJu

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 07:50 - Sep 19 by Bluebell

Me too - deepest Rutland and a 2 hour journey... home journey was hideous - A14 shut from Newmarket bypass (A11) all the way round Cambridge northern bypass to M11. Alt route in fens north of the area also had closed road. A1 from Peterborough to Wansford, closed.

Got home at 1:15am. Zzzzzzzzzz

See you Saturday.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 11:06 - Sep 19 with 3071 viewsCurrie10

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 10:39 - Sep 19 by FifeITFC

Don't be silly. Look at every single team's local derby and you will see a spike in attendance at single one.

Same as if your team gets to a final or a big game. Happens everywhere and human nature.

Oh, for sure you do. I'm not disputing that.

What have we now got, 10500 season ticket holders or so?

Lets say away fans bring on average 900 or so ( no idea ) that's 11400. We'll get perhaps 16,000 on a Saturday this season, I'll suggest at a guess for now.

So that's 4600 sold per matchday.

Norwich was 25000, so thats 9000 extra for Norwich.

That's almost 200% higher for Norwich than usual. Is that normal??!?! Mental.
10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 12:05 - Sep 19 with 2935 viewsFifeITFC

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 11:06 - Sep 19 by Currie10

Oh, for sure you do. I'm not disputing that.

What have we now got, 10500 season ticket holders or so?

Lets say away fans bring on average 900 or so ( no idea ) that's 11400. We'll get perhaps 16,000 on a Saturday this season, I'll suggest at a guess for now.

So that's 4600 sold per matchday.

Norwich was 25000, so thats 9000 extra for Norwich.

That's almost 200% higher for Norwich than usual. Is that normal??!?! Mental.

Possibly. Either a sign of people's disillusionment, a feeling of not getting value for money or able to justify going to every game. At the end of the day, it's not cheap, is it?

Would you pick Brentford on a Tuesday night (with the added option of it being on the Red Button) or would you go to the Norwich game if you were choosing just one?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 12:08 - Sep 19 with 2923 viewsCurrie10

10,000 less fans than the Norwich game last night on 12:05 - Sep 19 by FifeITFC

Possibly. Either a sign of people's disillusionment, a feeling of not getting value for money or able to justify going to every game. At the end of the day, it's not cheap, is it?

Would you pick Brentford on a Tuesday night (with the added option of it being on the Red Button) or would you go to the Norwich game if you were choosing just one?

That's why earlier in the article, Bolton is a better game to judge as opposed to Brentford.

I understand Tuesday night attendances will be down. I understand for away support in particular, with finishing work / time off etc / cost of ticket, it will deter people from going. Fair enough.

I understand certain games are of course going to appeal more than others.

Norwich the main one.

Perhaps Villa, Leeds.

I also understand we've been stuck in this division for an incredibly long period.

Still doesn't explain why 200% more people chose to buy a ticket for Norwich than say Bolton / Preston on a Saturday to me.

We need more season ticket holders really!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024