Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player thoughts 09:34 - Sep 17 with 1394 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just re-watched the highlights and I hadn't really noticed before, but I can't believe how disheartened the side looks when we concede the first goal.

Granted be disappointed, but we genuinely look like we've just lost the match by that one goal.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/highlights/ipswichtown

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Player thoughts on 10:16 - Sep 17 with 1295 viewsGarv

Looks worse because two players are in the net defending the goal, Downes is the only one who shows any emotion, and supposedly it was him who gave the ball away.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Player thoughts on 10:54 - Sep 17 with 1153 viewsKeaneish

Player thoughts on 10:16 - Sep 17 by Garv

Looks worse because two players are in the net defending the goal, Downes is the only one who shows any emotion, and supposedly it was him who gave the ball away.

He gave the ball away backtracking backward as there were no options in front of him. His fault and a bad mistake but Graham was far too square at the time and Skuse his usual ponderous self in supplying an option.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Player thoughts on 10:57 - Sep 17 with 1143 viewsitfcjoe

Player thoughts on 10:54 - Sep 17 by Keaneish

He gave the ball away backtracking backward as there were no options in front of him. His fault and a bad mistake but Graham was far too square at the time and Skuse his usual ponderous self in supplying an option.

I'm sorry but that just isn't true. Downes should have played the ball to Graham - Knudsen could possibly have done so also.

EDIT - Need to click on the photos

[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 10:58]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Player thoughts on 11:00 - Sep 17 with 1113 viewsArnieM

The players heads going down after conceding was a marked moment for me in our first home game. They deflated like a balloon that day. Something which had never been apparent under MM.

However we must all remember that this is essentially a totally new “ team”, with many playing at their highest level ever, in their careers.

A huge amount of acclimatisation and adjustment going this season. If we can finish just 4th bottom with all this going on I wouldn’t be unhappy tbh.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Player thoughts on 11:10 - Sep 17 with 1062 viewsTractorJack

Player thoughts on 10:57 - Sep 17 by itfcjoe

I'm sorry but that just isn't true. Downes should have played the ball to Graham - Knudsen could possibly have done so also.

EDIT - Need to click on the photos

[Post edited 17 Sep 2018 10:58]

Was really surprised by Downes here because he does everything right before receiving the ball, looking over his left shoulder and seeing the Hull player. Confidence took a knock after that.
Player thoughts on 11:11 - Sep 17 with 1057 viewsitfcjoe

Player thoughts on 11:10 - Sep 17 by TractorJack

Was really surprised by Downes here because he does everything right before receiving the ball, looking over his left shoulder and seeing the Hull player. Confidence took a knock after that.

I felt he really hid for a fair while after that mistake

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:48 - Sep 17 with 939 viewsKeaneish

Player thoughts on 10:16 - Sep 17 by Garv

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024