Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18:27 - Sep 15 with 5613 views_

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:31 - Sep 15 with 4025 viewshomer_123

McGoldrick, Waghorn, Garner and Sears by homer_123 15 Sep 2018 16:55
Walters, Jackson, Harrison, Sears and Morris

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:32 - Sep 15 with 4017 viewshomer_123

So, we all wanted change and by homer_123 15 Sep 2018 16:52
I suspect the majority understand the need for patience and would be happy to see signs of improving football even if results might be slow coming.

That's a shocking start to a season and are we seeing enough improvement in terms of style and approach?

Not one of us expected this start to the season, and although we've showed spasms of decent play, we are looking bereft and out of our depth. We've not played too many teams of genuine quality.

Fully backing Hurst but and it's a big BUT, genuine concern for us now.

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:34 - Sep 15 with 3986 viewsthebooks

I agree with this, and I supported Hurst's appointment.

New manager with no top level experience changing the whole team with lower league players at once is very high risk. They may be good players, but perhaps they need an experienced hand to guide them through the increased demands? There's a big difference between the Championship and League 1.

Dropping Bart at the same time was a misjudgement, regardless of his form over a handful of games. It just adds another problem to the mix.

The only thing I can say is that it is still very early. Oddly, the start has been so bad a single win might change the whole mood. I hope.
I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:36 - Sep 15 with 3959 viewsgibbsm1

You can have two or three players looking to step up in a squad, but not the whole bunch.

There is lots of championship quality in our squad, sadly he isn’t picking then.

Very concerning times, although it does all feel a little inevitable?
I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:37 - Sep 15 with 3956 viewsportmanking

Absolutely right to be concerned, mate.

I believe it was somewhat arrogant (and naive?) of Hurst to believe he could replace 90% of the squad so quickly and deliver results. Unfortunately, this is a guy who's spent the majority of his professional football career outside the top two tiers of our game. You can't help wondering whether someone like a Scott Parker - who has been at the top of the game and would've added a level of gravitas - could have prepared a squad just as well, if not better, than Hurst to date.
I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:40 - Sep 15 with 3910 viewsBluebell

Sorry Libby I can’t come up with a reason to believe it is going to be okay.

I agree with all you are saying. Most people knew it was time for Mick to go although he did miracles with little money. It was because of him Hurst was given money through the sale of Waggy, Garner and Webster.

I really wanted to be convinced Hurst would be the one to save us but it has all been too much, too soon.

We had a good team under Mick in spite of all the injuries. Let’s face it, we finished 12th last season on a shoe string. Hurst having brought in 11 ( or is it 12) new players and seems to think he needs to play them all despite the fact most have never played in the Championship and didn’t have a pre-season with Town.

I poo pooed it when people said the bookies had us down as being relegated. Now I’m am fearing it!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2018 18:41]
I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:44 - Sep 15 with 3830 viewspointofblue

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:34 - Sep 15 by thebooks

New manager with no top level experience changing the whole team with lower league players at once is very high risk. They may be good players, but perhaps they need an experienced hand to guide them through the increased demands? There's a big difference between the Championship and League 1.

Dropping Bart at the same time was a misjudgement, regardless of his form over a handful of games. It just adds another problem to the mix.

The only thing I can say is that it is still very early. Oddly, the start has been so bad a single win might change the whole mood. I hope.

If we somehow beat Brentford the overall mood will skyrocket. It did after the West Ham 5-1 despite the abysmal run before that game.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

on 18:47 - Sep 15 with 3811 views_

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:37 - Sep 15 by portmanking

Absolutely right to be concerned, mate.

I believe it was somewhat arrogant (and naive?) of Hurst to believe he could replace 90% of the squad so quickly and deliver results. Unfortunately, this is a guy who's spent the majority of his professional football career outside the top two tiers of our game. You can't help wondering whether someone like a Scott Parker - who has been at the top of the game and would've added a level of gravitas - could have prepared a squad just as well, if not better, than Hurst to date.

Login to get fewer ads

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:53 - Sep 15 with 3760 viewsJohnny_Boy

I genuinely believe a desperate need for results is going to force Hurst's hand into playing Andre.
on 18:57 - Sep 15 with 3717 views_

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:34 - Sep 15 by thebooks

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:13 - Sep 15 with 3593 viewshomer_123

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:53 - Sep 15 by Johnny_Boy

I genuinely believe a desperate need for results is going to force Hurst's hand into playing Andre.

Well, given the distance Hurst seems have our midfield supporting the lone striker, playing Dozzell is rather moot.

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:13 - Sep 15 with 3587 viewsBloomBlue

I don't see an issue with relegation the true fans will still go, ME will still.have to put money in and a title winning season everyone would love
I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:17 - Sep 15 with 3546 viewshomer_123

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:13 - Sep 15 by BloomBlue

I don't see an issue with relegation the true fans will still go, ME will still.have to put money in and a title winning season everyone would love

You don't see a problem with relegation?

I guess you didn't see a problem with going into administration either then?

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:19 - Sep 15 with 3530 viewsFrimleyBlue

Book libs out

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:20 - Sep 15 with 3523 viewshomer_123

on 18:57 - Sep 15 by _

Odd.y, Mick was pilloried for the opposite approach.

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:22 - Sep 15 with 3492 viewshomer_123

on 18:47 - Sep 15 by _

More concerning is do we have 10 players that can score even 1 each?

on 19:23 - Sep 15 with 3485 views_

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:19 - Sep 15 by FrimleyBlue

Book libs out

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:23 - Sep 15 with 3477 viewsSpruceMoose

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 18:40 - Sep 15 by Bluebell

Sorry Libby I can’t come up with a reason to believe it is going to be okay.

I agree with all you are saying. Most people knew it was time for Mick to go although he did miracles with little money. It was because of him Hurst was given money through the sale of Waggy, Garner and Webster.

I really wanted to be convinced Hurst would be the one to save us but it has all been too much, too soon.

We had a good team under Mick in spite of all the injuries. Let’s face it, we finished 12th last season on a shoe string. Hurst having brought in 11 ( or is it 12) new players and seems to think he needs to play them all despite the fact most have never played in the Championship and didn’t have a pre-season with Town.

I poo pooed it when people said the bookies had us down as being relegated. Now I’m am fearing it!
[Post edited 15 Sep 2018 18:41]

Big Sam coming in at Christmas might just about keep us up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:24 - Sep 15 with 3474 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Sorry, I can’t give you a reason to believe it’s going to be ok. I also fear we’ve had it this season, but on a positive note it’ll be a few more grounds I’ve yet to go to ticked of the list.
I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:26 - Sep 15 with 3458 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:13 - Sep 15 by homer_123

Well, given the distance Hurst seems have our midfield supporting the lone striker, playing Dozzell is rather moot.

Given he's seemingly experimenting with every single member of squad & fannying around on playing styles, he'll resort to 2 upfront soon enough.
on 19:28 - Sep 15 with 3439 views_

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:20 - Sep 15 by homer_123

Odd.y, Mick was pilloried for the opposite approach.

on 19:30 - Sep 15 with 3397 views_

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:23 - Sep 15 by SpruceMoose

Big Sam coming in at Christmas might just about keep us up.

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:37 - Sep 15 with 3349 viewsSpruceMoose

on 19:30 - Sep 15 by _

Nothing would shock me anymore. Plenty would disgust me though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:37 - Sep 15 with 3345 viewsFrimleyBlue

on 19:23 - Sep 15 by _

Yes sorry. On it now.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I'd like to think that I'm a relatively fair and balanced supporter... on 19:39 - Sep 15 with 3329 viewsReuser_is_God

Feel the same.

4 points & a settled side to come from these 2 home games an absolute minimum requirement.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2018 19:40]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024