Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? 16:32 - Aug 30 with 1728 viewsFixed_It

I think we should share it as wide as possible to show the FA up for what they are.
As I said previously, I have no doubt that the card would have beem overturned if it had been a high profile match with intense TV scrutiny. But as we're not a big name team it suits them to stand by the ref's decision as no-one will notice.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:36 - Aug 30 with 1689 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Second pic on the above article.

I am not sure if it would have been overturned in other situations.

With a higher profile match, that ref would never have been on the pitch to award it. He has given/not given a lot of these very poor decisions by all accounts.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:37 - Aug 30 with 1685 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:37 - Aug 30 with 1685 viewsSwansea_Blue

This one with him going studs first into the shin?

Or the other one?

The pictures are pretty pointless out of context.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:37 - Aug 30 with 1671 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I have shared it on my Twitter (same username as here).

Unfortunately there is one angle of it and you cannot see that Nsiala's studs do not catch him. Most Town fans do not think it was a red, most Wednesday fans didn't, except interestingly (according to their forum) the ones on the Kop, whose position would have been behind Nsiala so his studs were facing away from them. They'd see him make contact with Forestieri and him roll around like he'd been shot.

Unfortunately the ref has said the studs were high and it was dangerous or excessive and it's a joke but as they cannot disprove that, even though I think it was b*llocks, they are never going to go against their own official.

Plenty of people I know who are not Town fans have messaged me in the last week laughing at how ridiculous the sending off is. No doubt the FA know but they'll defend their own because what he is saying 'could' be right, there is no angle to disprove it.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:38 - Aug 30 with 1664 viewsLeagueOne

Sadly who at the top will care? Most other fans will take it as sour grapes as most clubs have players sent off for silly things. We won't be the last this season either.

It does seem that the football establishment does have it in for us given a couple of the decisions we've had in terms of those stupid sending offs, and some of the pro-Mick nonsense coming out of the so called experts wishing ill on us this season. Mick did a decent job here. Did. Most fans agree that, but agree he had to move on.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:41 - Aug 30 with 1639 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:37 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

Or the other one?

It is a red card all day long if Nsiala goes in like that with the ball at Forestieri's feet.

But he slid in, got the ball, had no challenge from him and then he slid towards the player and unfortunately made contact.

For me it is never a red, it was where his foot ended up after he hooked the ball away with no intention of even having to touch the player. Completely different to being wreckless, out of control or endangering an opponent.

You could argue going for an overhead kick and kicking an opponent trying to head it was endangering them too. The point is that would be accidental and this was too. In no way could he have expected that to happen when the opponent didn't even go for the ball. Toto cleared it then slid and had to have his foot somewhere.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:45 - Aug 30 with 1584 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:37 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

Or the other one?

Do you believe this makes it a red card?

I assume your emoji says not but wanted to check.

If that had not been significantly after he had cleared the ball and Forrestieri having moved into that position from the side, I would say yes. Never a red in context.

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:47 - Aug 30 with 1567 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:41 - Aug 30 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It is a red card all day long if Nsiala goes in like that with the ball at Forestieri's feet.

But he slid in, got the ball, had no challenge from him and then he slid towards the player and unfortunately made contact.

For me it is never a red, it was where his foot ended up after he hooked the ball away with no intention of even having to touch the player. Completely different to being wreckless, out of control or endangering an opponent.

You could argue going for an overhead kick and kicking an opponent trying to head it was endangering them too. The point is that would be accidental and this was too. In no way could he have expected that to happen when the opponent didn't even go for the ball. Toto cleared it then slid and had to have his foot somewhere.

Presumably the panel would have taken all that into account and would have seen the tv replay.

Not that I disagree btw, just making a comment that a single picture doesn't tell the whole story. Not much we can do about it now though.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:51 - Aug 30 with 1539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:47 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

Presumably the panel would have taken all that into account and would have seen the tv replay.

Not that I disagree btw, just making a comment that a single picture doesn't tell the whole story. Not much we can do about it now though.

I wonder how long they took to come to the decision. Presumably they were all former refs. Was Clive Thomas leading it?

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:52 - Aug 30 with 1522 viewsBent_double

Good luck, but I wouldn't bother, they will be able to justify/defend their decision.

We've lost a key player for 3 games, we lost at least 1 point from that game, all we can hope is that we get a similarly bad decision go in our favour at some point - maybe even on Sunday.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:56 - Aug 30 with 1491 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:45 - Aug 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you believe this makes it a red card?

I assume your emoji says not but wanted to check.

If that had not been significantly after he had cleared the ball and Forrestieri having moved into that position from the side, I would say yes. Never a red in context.

Nah, just pointing out that a single picture doesn't tell the whole story (and being flippant!). A lot of people on tvvatter seem to be using that picture to 'prove' it was a bad challenge.

I've just watched it through again on the highlights and am very surprised it wasn't overturned. Not only did he get to the ball easily first, he was in perfect control (as proven by finding the pass with the clearance). He didn't go in hard either and doesn't slide far.

I'm not quite sure how Forrestieri got in the way. Very odd unless he was trying to buy it?

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 17:06 - Aug 30 with 1446 viewspeterleeblue

The whole process is poor from Simpson.
His first action should have been isolate the Ipswich player and then to check the welfare of the "injured" player first.

Then complete the sending off.

We are told as refs that wait a few seconds and player reaction will tell you 9 times out of 10 what you need to know. For example where were the Wednesday players approaching the Ipswich player and wanting to start a mass confrontation if it was that bad.

Forestieri was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Still Sh!t happens and we have to get on with it.

Its a shame really as it was Sheffield Wednesday last season that had a player physically assault McGoldrick and got away with it. Still things average out over the season or is that every 30 years!!!
Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 18:56 - Aug 30 with 1299 viewsEastTownBlue

Anyone got a link to the still photo of the red card 'tackle'? on 16:41 - Aug 30 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Problem is that Intent (other than handball) and winning the ball first no longer appear in the laws of the game.

I still think that he was unlucky though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024