Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carragher 19:33 - Aug 10 with 4237 viewsGarv

Still in the job at Sky.

Bit off, no?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Carragher on 20:06 - Aug 10 with 3817 viewsJ2BLUE

It was obvious he's be back as soon as they suspended him for the season. It has achieved exactly what they wanted it to.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Carragher on 20:07 - Aug 10 with 3812 viewsSpruceMoose

Carragher on 20:06 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

It was obvious he's be back as soon as they suspended him for the season. It has achieved exactly what they wanted it to.

How anyone with a voice like him is anywhere near a profession where you have to speak out loud a lot is beyond me. Librarian, or mime artist, those would be good career choices for him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Carragher on 20:37 - Aug 10 with 3744 viewspoppiesman

I'm more annoyed he's back mainly because he's a very poor commentator.
I just hope a player is caught spitting at an opponent, be interesting to hear him give a view on that!!
Carragher on 20:49 - Aug 10 with 3706 viewswkj

Kind of weird really, spitting is a form of assault but he kept his job, Keys and Gray got canned for saying something very inappropriate.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Carragher on 21:01 - Aug 10 with 3659 viewsSitfcB

Good to see him back.

Good pundit and him and Neville work well.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Carragher on 21:09 - Aug 10 with 3629 viewsJ2BLUE

Carragher on 20:49 - Aug 10 by wkj

Kind of weird really, spitting is a form of assault but he kept his job, Keys and Gray got canned for saying something very inappropriate.

Sky clearly wanted Keys and Gray gone. Thank god, they were awful.

Truly impaired.

Carragher on 21:16 - Aug 10 with 3608 viewswkj

Carragher on 21:09 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

but so is Carragher... maybe he isn't paid as much proportionately to the times as they were

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Carragher on 21:26 - Aug 10 with 3587 viewsm14_blue

He made a mistake, apologised and was punished.

Would you want him to be unemployed for the rest of his career?

He's working and paying taxes, that's a lot more than most people from that city do....
Login to get fewer ads

Carragher on 21:44 - Aug 10 with 3538 viewsJ2BLUE

Carragher on 21:16 - Aug 10 by wkj

but so is Carragher... maybe he isn't paid as much proportionately to the times as they were

Carragher is a decent pundit content wise. The scouse accent is obviously awful though.

Truly impaired.

Carragher on 00:30 - Aug 11 with 3387 viewsGarv

Carragher on 21:26 - Aug 10 by m14_blue

He's working and paying taxes, that's a lot more than most people from that city do....

I don't really feel he should be given a platform to air his views, whether football or not, when it's clear what kind of character he is.

Personally I think some people in the media are stealing a living. Not necessarily pundits like JC, but this came to mind when Geoff Shreeves was doing his pre match 'interviews'.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Carragher on 05:19 - Aug 11 with 3284 viewsRyorry

Casual Liverpoolism!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Carragher on 06:32 - Aug 11 with 3255 viewsBenters2

Cant stand the tw@t
Carragher on 07:18 - Aug 11 with 3203 viewsm14_blue

Carragher on 05:19 - Aug 11 by Ryorry

Casual Liverpoolism!

It's ok, I've got a friend who's scouse
Carragher on 07:31 - Aug 11 with 3179 viewsDessyCook

Bit warm for Snowflakes to be out !
Carragher on 11:07 - Aug 11 with 3017 viewsbraveblue

Carragher on 21:09 - Aug 10 by J2BLUE

Nothing since has been nearly as good. When you see them now on Bein Sports they are so much better.
Carragher on 12:29 - Aug 11 with 2960 viewsm14_blue

Carragher on 00:30 - Aug 11 by Garv

I don't really feel he should be given a platform to air his views, whether football or not, when it's clear what kind of character he is.

Personally I think some people in the media are stealing a living. Not necessarily pundits like JC, but this came to mind when Geoff Shreeves was doing his pre match 'interviews'.

I don't know, we all make mistakes, albeit spitting at a 14 year old girl is a pretty weird one to make. If everyone who was a slightly dodgy character was barred from commentating we'd end up with more of Michael Owen....

Totally agree with your second paragraph.
Carragher on 12:41 - Aug 11 with 2942 viewssparks

In what way was it a mistake?

He chose to behave like a lowlife moron.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Carragher on 13:08 - Aug 11 with 2902 viewssolemio

Carragher on 06:32 - Aug 11 by Benters2

Cant stand the tw@t

This does surprise me; he speaks so highly of you.
Carragher on 13:12 - Aug 11 with 2896 viewsm14_blue

Carragher on 12:41 - Aug 11 by sparks

In what way was it a mistake?

He chose to behave like a lowlife moron.

A mistake isn't the same thing as an accident.
Carragher on 13:16 - Aug 11 with 2887 viewssparks

Carragher on 13:12 - Aug 11 by m14_blue

A mistake isn't the same thing as an accident.

Neither is a choice the same thing as a mistake.

People minimise their behaviour and choices by disowning them and claiming them to be mistakes.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Carragher on 13:21 - Aug 11 with 2876 viewsm14_blue

Carragher on 13:16 - Aug 11 by sparks

Neither is a choice the same thing as a mistake.

People minimise their behaviour and choices by disowning them and claiming them to be mistakes.

That sounds a bit pompous.

Anyway, I'm not defending what Carragher did, he seems like a bit of an idiot to me. I just think that it's more productive for everyone if people who err (or whatever terminology you prefer) are allowed to return to being a productive member of society.

I would extend the same courtesy to people who have done far, far worse things than Carragher.
Carragher on 13:35 - Aug 11 with 2859 viewssparks

Carragher on 13:21 - Aug 11 by m14_blue

That sounds a bit pompous.

Anyway, I'm not defending what Carragher did, he seems like a bit of an idiot to me. I just think that it's more productive for everyone if people who err (or whatever terminology you prefer) are allowed to return to being a productive member of society.

I would extend the same courtesy to people who have done far, far worse things than Carragher.

Its nothing to do with being pompous. Being like a scumbag is not a mistake. Its not something you do unintentionally. Its something you chose.

Carragher on 13:43 - Aug 11 with 2848 viewsm14_blue

Carragher on 13:35 - Aug 11 by sparks

Its nothing to do with being pompous. Being like a scumbag is not a mistake. Its not something you do unintentionally. Its something you chose.

Ok then, if it's simply a case of semantics then I still don't agree.

A mistake doesn't have to be unintentional, it means making a bad choice. Anyway, Carragher may well be a scumbag but I don't see why that means he should be denied employment in perpetuity.

I would have had no complaints with sky if they had chosen not to re employ either, it's entirely their decision.
Carragher on 13:51 - Aug 11 with 2832 viewssparks

Carragher on 13:43 - Aug 11 by m14_blue

Ok then, if it's simply a case of semantics then I still don't agree.

A mistake doesn't have to be unintentional, it means making a bad choice. Anyway, Carragher may well be a scumbag but I don't see why that means he should be denied employment in perpetuity.

I would have had no complaints with sky if they had chosen not to re employ either, it's entirely their decision.

No.

You can make a choice which turns out to be bad. Or you can choose to make a choice which you already know to be bad. The latter is not a mistake. its a choice.

Carragher on 13:52 - Aug 11 with 2832 viewsChe

That's not a very nice thing to say about Liverpool people or anywhere, where is your evidence to back up your statement?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024