Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." 11:35 - Aug 5 with 13203 viewsTrequartista

Do NOT fall for this. This is letting Evans off the hook.

Our normal budget is £1.5m plus loans (see last year) although it was reported as £3m at the time.

So with £3m from Webster and £1m for the Man City kidnap and £2.25m spent so far, the Waghorn deal will NOT fund the Nolan and Nsiala deals as we haven't used the Webster money yet.

Already it is being spun as though we have forgotten that the Webster money was promised to be re-invested.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:38 - Aug 5 with 5507 viewsSitfcB

Jackson as well potentially for £2million.

Oh and they’re (the new signings) probably expecting to get paid as well...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:38 - Aug 5 with 5502 viewsITFC_Blood

The 4 players coming aren’t costing cash?

Plus wages and other costs

I’m not his biggest fan either but he is spending

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 5493 viewsTrequartista

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:38 - Aug 5 by SitfcB

Did the players that have left not get paid then? I didn't mention Jackson.

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 5474 viewsTrequartista

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:38 - Aug 5 by ITFC_Blood

The 4 players coming aren’t costing cash?

Plus wages and other costs

I’m not his biggest fan either but he is spending

The players that left were paid - McGoldrick, Webster, Waghorn will have been on more than the incoming lower league players i would imagine as well

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:40 - Aug 5 with 5466 viewsITFC_Blood

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:39 - Aug 5 by Trequartista

Give the owner a break

He is funding an entire 11 new line up

Plus Bart has gone from 5k a week to 25k

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:40 - Aug 5 with 5466 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't the point that instead of making our usual big money sale every one or two seasons and covering the shortfall, we're now selling two players in the same window?

Of course that's going to free up more transfer funds and wages than normal. And I say "normal" but we don't actually have a normal budget for transfers.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 5438 viewsTrequartista

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:40 - Aug 5 by Darth_Koont

Isn't the point that instead of making our usual big money sale every one or two seasons and covering the shortfall, we're now selling two players in the same window?

Of course that's going to free up more transfer funds and wages than normal. And I say "normal" but we don't actually have a normal budget for transfers.

They don't get freed up - that's the point. We're not going to spend it all. Evans will reduce the amount he puts in.

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:43 - Aug 5 with 5409 viewsTrequartista

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:40 - Aug 5 by ITFC_Blood

Give the owner a break

He is funding an entire 11 new line up

Plus Bart has gone from 5k a week to 25k

5k to 25k eh? Not the tightest argument i've ever come up against.

Login to get fewer ads

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 5385 viewsCurrie10

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:43 - Aug 5 by Trequartista

He clearly wasn't on 5k a week pre new deal, lets get our head out the sand.

Various league 1 clubs pay more than 5k.
"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 5384 viewsITFC_Blood

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:43 - Aug 5 by Trequartista

So Bart didn’t get a massive increase?

Another mill a year

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:47 - Aug 5 with 5352 viewsTrequartista

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:45 - Aug 5 by ITFC_Blood

So Bart didn’t get a massive increase?

Another mill a year

I suspect McGoldrick was on as much as most of these new signings put together, and now he is on £0, so we can all speculate on wages for and against.

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:47 - Aug 5 with 5346 viewsSitfcB

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:39 - Aug 5 by Trequartista

I know you didn’t, that’s why I did.

Yes but I imagine the players we are signing are expecting a bit of a pay rise from previous wage thus will be more money to lay out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 5330 viewsDanFord

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:45 - Aug 5 by Currie10

He clearly wasn't on 5k a week pre new deal, lets get our head out the sand.

Various league 1 clubs pay more than 5k.

Lol. He was on £9k a week and is now on £16k. £25k lol. Where do they get this stuff from!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 5324 viewsDarth_Koont

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:42 - Aug 5 by Trequartista

They don't get freed up - that's the point. We're not going to spend it all. Evans will reduce the amount he puts in.

Who said we were going to spend it all? It's looking like 12 million in incoming fees so we could spend 6 and still cover this year's annual shortfall.

Pronouns: He/Him

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:51 - Aug 5 with 5305 viewsITFC_Blood

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:49 - Aug 5 by DanFord

Lol. He was on £9k a week and is now on £16k. £25k lol. Where do they get this stuff from!

Hahahaha

You really think he would have stayed!

He was being offered 30k plus from palace.

Head in the sand no.

Knowing people who work in the club yes

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 5283 viewsStokieBlue

Some suspicious maths and lack of context used to have a good moan.

Nothing changes.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:55 - Aug 5 with 5235 viewsJon_456

Unless you’re going to donate 5-7million for us to buy these players, I suggest you stop flouncing and let Evans crack on.
"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:55 - Aug 5 with 5223 viewstextbackup

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:51 - Aug 5 by ITFC_Blood

Hahahaha

You really think he would have stayed!

He was being offered 30k plus from palace.

Head in the sand no.

Knowing people who work in the club yes

hope he pays some back after the double flap yesterday

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:56 - Aug 5 with 5223 viewsbluejacko

What is the problem? New players coming in old ones out, there does seem to be progress and if ME does this and still keeps the club running so what!
"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 5212 viewsKieran_Knows

Let’s see on Thursday shall we?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 5203 viewsRamRob

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:53 - Aug 5 by StokieBlue

Some suspicious maths and lack of context used to have a good moan.

Nothing changes.

SB

I would never expect us to spend all the money on transfers in the summer window, perhaps we will look to spend some in January when Hurst's team has bedded in and we can add one or two in certain areas.

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:58 - Aug 5 with 5187 viewsITFC_Blood

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:55 - Aug 5 by textbackup

hope he pays some back after the double flap yesterday

I will add text since he got the new contract he ain’t been great lol

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 12:00 - Aug 5 with 5171 viewsmrshallisfit

"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 11:38 - Aug 5 by SitfcB

Yes and outgoing players weren't being paid. For example Mcgoldrick was being paid £20 a month and all the Doreen he could eat.
(No subject) on 12:13 - Aug 5 with 5109 viewsxrayspecs

Edwards 750k+wages
Roberts wages
Chalobah loan fee plus wages
Edun loan fee plus wages
Donacien 750k earmarked to complete signing plus wages
Bart pay rise
Shrewsbury two - £2m plus wages
Jackson £2m+ plus wages
Tilt around £1m plus wages

We save McGoldrick, Waghorn and Webster wages although may still be liable for some loyalty payments as neither to my knowledge asked for a transfer. Plus agents fees.

The initial Webster fee was £3.5m plus add ons. No where enough to cover our outlay this summer.

EDIT: missed out Tilt from OP
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 12:27]
"Town will use the cash from Waghorn's sale to make additions ...." on 12:17 - Aug 5 with 5087 viewsChocorange

Cant see there being a lot left.

Outs
webster 3.5 m
Knight 1m
Waghorn lets say 6.5m as valution not met.

Makes 11m

Ins and Costs
Edwards 750k
Donacien 750k
Harrison 750k

Nixon and nsiala must be at least around 2million to 2.2 millio. together.
Tilt 750 to 800k potentially
Loan fees for Chalobah and Edun , another 600k to 1m

Barts extra,wages 1m
Portsmouth webster cut 500k
Rangers waghorn cut 750k

Player salaries apart from that will be around equal ...7 in on the above, 3 out of which one was a youngster on next to nothing , plus several players out at end of last season .

There looks to be a little left over for a striker but not the masses people seem to think there is.

If Garner is sold this will add to it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024