Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread 09:51 - May 17 with 3801 viewsMeenoITFC

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44436-ipswich-town-perm

They are all coming to terms that Ross will be off, they say that it is a great move for him and we are in with a treat. I'll be happy with this appointment if it was made!

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 09:53 - May 17 with 3760 viewswkj

I just had a sickening though- Derby sack Rowett, Ross goes to Derby... dear oh dear, that'd be some scenes

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 09:57 - May 17 with 3726 viewsRyorry

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 09:53 - May 17 by wkj

I just had a sickening though- Derby sack Rowett, Ross goes to Derby... dear oh dear, that'd be some scenes

Why would anyone want to go to that shower of sh!te with their record re managers, when they could come here and know that they'll be given a very decent amount of time to build properly, incl with Academy youngsters?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 09:59 - May 17 with 3706 viewswkj

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 09:57 - May 17 by Ryorry

Why would anyone want to go to that shower of sh!te with their record re managers, when they could come here and know that they'll be given a very decent amount of time to build properly, incl with Academy youngsters?

Because Derby is the best football club in the world and we should aspire to be like them, except successful

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:00 - May 17 with 3689 viewsBrixtonBlue

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 09:57 - May 17 by Ryorry

Money.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:02 - May 17 with 3672 viewsRyorry

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:00 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

Money.

Look where that's got their recent managers!

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:05 - May 17 with 3641 viewsBrixtonBlue

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:02 - May 17 by Ryorry

Look where that's got their recent managers!

Doesn't necessarily make it a bad thing.

You asked why he'd go to Derby. Two reasons, both of them are money. More money to spend on players and more money for him.

I imagine every manager who goes there thinks they'll do better with the money.

I'm not saying he would by the way, just playing devils advocate.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:07 - May 17 with 3635 viewsFixed_It

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:05 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

You asked why he'd go to Derby. Two reasons, both of them are money. More money to spend on players and more money for him.

And the very fact that they have money means that I'd be very surprised if they decided to go down the 'take a risk with an untried manager' route. Hopefully!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:12 - May 17 with 3602 viewsRyorry

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:05 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

I'd look at Derby's record with splashing cash, and think to myself that I'd rather build my career record by being successful via spotting talent, nurturing it, coaching it, creating a good system, team-building etc.

And I imagine that a manager at JR's level isn't exactly poor already - again, I'd rather build a good reputation than focus on dosh. If he were successful here along the lines I've suggested, he'd become very wealthy within a few years anyway!

Login to get fewer ads

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:13 - May 17 with 3591 viewsBrixtonBlue

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:07 - May 17 by Fixed_It

And the very fact that they have money means that I'd be very surprised if they decided to go down the 'take a risk with an untried manager' route. Hopefully!

This is true.

Maybe they'll go for Mick!

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:17 - May 17 with 3565 viewsBrixtonBlue

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:12 - May 17 by Ryorry

I'd look at Derby's record with splashing cash, and think to myself that I'd rather build my career record by being successful via spotting talent, nurturing it, coaching it, creating a good system, team-building etc.

And I imagine that a manager at JR's level isn't exactly poor already - again, I'd rather build a good reputation than focus on dosh. If he were successful here along the lines I've suggested, he'd become very wealthy within a few years anyway!

You can do all that AND have money to spend.

"I imagine that a manager at JR's level isn't exactly poor already" - the Scottish Championship? You're having a laugh aren't you?

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think Town with no money are a bigger draw than Derby. But as the chap says above, Derby will have bigger fish to fry so we'll probably be alright.

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:21 - May 17 with 3533 viewsRyorry

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:17 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

"I imagine that a manager at JR's level isn't exactly poor already" - the Scottish Championship? You're having a laugh aren't you?

You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think Town with no money are a bigger draw than Derby. But as the chap says above, Derby will have bigger fish to fry so we'll probably be alright.

I'd accept a Scottish Champ manager's salary any day, thanks v. much!

As I said, it depends what you want. If I were a budding footie manager, relatively unknown in England, my preference would be to become a great one by building from the ground up through talent-spotting, training and creating, rather than just buying ready-mades (which hasn't worked to date anyway).

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:26 - May 17 with 3493 viewsBrixtonBlue

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:21 - May 17 by Ryorry

I'd accept a Scottish Champ manager's salary any day, thanks v. much!

As I said, it depends what you want. If I were a budding footie manager, relatively unknown in England, my preference would be to become a great one by building from the ground up through talent-spotting, training and creating, rather than just buying ready-mades (which hasn't worked to date anyway).

I didn't realise we were comparing with a retired woman who walks dogs!*

*Sorry, dunno what else you do!

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:33 - May 17 with 3434 viewsLord_Lucan

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:17 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

JR will currently be on about £1000 a week, possibly £1,500

He is destined to move somewhere sometime soon, if he stays and has an awful season he will be in a poorer situation than he is now. He simply has to move while the iron is hot for the sake of his family.

I disagree about Derby, from what I have read about JR it seems that he wants a stable project with a stable chairman.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:34 - May 17 with 3431 viewsRyorry

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:26 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

I didn't realise we were comparing with a retired woman who walks dogs!*

*Sorry, dunno what else you do!

Doesn't matter who you are - in Scotland, £50K+ (? but I imagine at least that) means you're not exactly living in poverty.

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:40 - May 17 with 3384 viewsBrixtonBlue

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:34 - May 17 by Ryorry

Doesn't matter who you are - in Scotland, £50K+ (? but I imagine at least that) means you're not exactly living in poverty.

No-one suggested he *is* living in poverty.

However, the lure of £1m+ at Derby? Set up FOR LIFE.

But anyway, it's academic. Derby will be throwing money at someone a lot bigger than Ross.

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:41 - May 17 with 3379 viewsSaigonTractor

I can definitely see them looking at him, but I think Derby tend to go for other Championship managers.
St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:49 - May 17 with 3328 viewsRyorry

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:40 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

No-one suggested he *is* living in poverty.

However, the lure of £1m+ at Derby? Set up FOR LIFE.

But anyway, it's academic. Derby will be throwing money at someone a lot bigger than Ross.

OK, you just didn't get my point at all, no problem.

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 11:16 - May 17 with 3198 viewsBrixtonBlue

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 10:49 - May 17 by Ryorry

OK, you just didn't get my point at all, no problem.

In what way have I not got your point?

However romantic the notion of building something from relatively nothing, money (the sort of money that would set you and your young family up for life) is a huge draw. That's all.

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 11:20 - May 17 with 3171 viewsSuperfrans

Hopefully the appeal of our job to Ross is the time he will get and the chance to build something (while also earning a decent wage, far more than he could earn at St Mirren). That's a rarity in English football at any level.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 11:33 - May 17 with 3091 viewsRyorry

St.Mirren Forum - Jack Ross Thread on 11:16 - May 17 by BrixtonBlue

In what way have I not got your point?

However romantic the notion of building something from relatively nothing, money (the sort of money that would set you and your young family up for life) is a huge draw. That's all.

Superfrans got it, just below your post (or had been thinking the same as me anyway, more likely).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024