Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? 15:14 - May 16 with 3779 viewsFrimleyBlue

That's a bloody piss poor World Cup Squad

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:16 - May 16 with 3763 viewsSuperTommySmith

I'm just excited to see some more Harry Kane corners
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:17 - May 16 with 3745 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

How tiresome.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:18 - May 16 with 3737 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Who are the top players that they failed to select instead then?
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:21 - May 16 with 3725 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

People are saying it's piss poor....but I'm genuinely wondering what everyone was expecting? Are people disappointed with the players picked or just don't rate any english players at the moment?
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:21 - May 16 with 3722 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:18 - May 16 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Who are the top players that they failed to select instead then?

haven't said there are.

Generally, what a poor squad

Waka waka eh eh

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:22 - May 16 with 3717 viewsJ2BLUE

Solid first 11. The rest of the squad...less so, but worth trying something different.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:23 - May 16 with 3708 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:21 - May 16 by only_one_sir_bobby

People are saying it's piss poor....but I'm genuinely wondering what everyone was expecting? Are people disappointed with the players picked or just don't rate any english players at the moment?

This.

If anyone is genuinely surprised by the squad, they are bloody idiots.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:25 - May 16 with 3682 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:21 - May 16 by FrimleyBlue

haven't said there are.

Generally, what a poor squad

One of the worlds best strikers.

In fact out of the top 5 scorers in the Prem this season, 3 of those are in the England squad.

One of the most sought after young midfielders in world football in Dele Alli.

Two of the best wing backs in the premier league.

One of the worlds most expensive centre backs.

We are ranked 13th in the world, of course our squad isnt as good as Germany, Spain, Brazil etc..... but what were you expecting??

Login to get fewer ads

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:25 - May 16 with 3678 viewsOsborneOneNil

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:23 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

This.

MM, I've decided you speak more sense than most on here. Congratulations.
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:26 - May 16 with 3676 viewsusm

As far as I can tell, you cant get blood from a stone.

Looks a decent squad to me from the "talent" that we have available. It all comes down to attitude, if thats right then we will get through the group stage fairly comfortably. Depending on the draw we should then be able to make the last 8 - anything more than that will be a real bonus.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:27 - May 16 with 3666 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:26 - May 16 by usm

Looks a decent squad to me from the "talent" that we have available. It all comes down to attitude, if thats right then we will get through the group stage fairly comfortably. Depending on the draw we should then be able to make the last 8 - anything more than that will be a real bonus.

Havent you been told its fashionable to be uber cynical about England. ;-)

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:27 - May 16 with 3667 viewsFrimleyBlue

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:25 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

One of the worlds best strikers.

In fact out of the top 5 scorers in the Prem this season, 3 of those are in the England squad.

One of the most sought after young midfielders in world football in Dele Alli.

Two of the best wing backs in the premier league.

One of the worlds most expensive centre backs.

We are ranked 13th in the world, of course our squad isnt as good as Germany, Spain, Brazil etc..... but what were you expecting??

Didn't say I was expecting anything

Waka waka eh eh

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:30 - May 16 with 3637 viewsIpswichKnight

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:26 - May 16 by usm

We should get out of the group and i'd fancy our chances against any of Japan, Senegal, Poland and Colombia, QF is where it starts getting harder with games against either Germany or Brazil
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:38 - May 16 with 3588 viewsonly_one_sir_bobby

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:30 - May 16 by IpswichKnight

We should get out of the group and i'd fancy our chances against any of Japan, Senegal, Poland and Colombia, QF is where it starts getting harder with games against either Germany or Brazil

Personally not going in with any expectations. We should get through the group, but then we should have beaten Iceland.

On the other hand, I'm not one to go around saying the squad is piss poor as if we have any other options. I for one like the squad selected, we have decent young players coming through and as long as we actually do ourselves justice for once then I'll be happy. This group of players needs to grow together and we should be in a better position to go deep in a tournament in a few years time
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:08 - May 16 with 3497 viewsrickw

Most the players are pretty much as expected, my problem is the lack of attacking options for when we need to change things.
We have 6 players whose main position has been full-back this season, and at no point is subbing a full-back for another going to help us tactically.
Rose D-L
Young D-L
Delph D-L
Walker D-R
Tripper D-R
Alexander-Arnold D-R

I would have preferred to have left 2 of those out and called up maybe Wilshere and Lallana instead, who I know neither have the best fitness but at least there's a chance we'd have them that way....

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:11 - May 16 with 3480 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:08 - May 16 by rickw

Most the players are pretty much as expected, my problem is the lack of attacking options for when we need to change things.
We have 6 players whose main position has been full-back this season, and at no point is subbing a full-back for another going to help us tactically.
Rose D-L
Young D-L
Delph D-L
Walker D-R
Tripper D-R
Alexander-Arnold D-R

I would have preferred to have left 2 of those out and called up maybe Wilshere and Lallana instead, who I know neither have the best fitness but at least there's a chance we'd have them that way....

Rose, Young and Trippier offer good delivery into the box.

Walker offers attacking pace.

All of the above are wing backs rather than full backs.

Delph offers option to switch into midfield.

Most of those defenders offer something offensively too.

Souhtgate loves Lallana, Im sure he woud have picked him if he felt able to. Same goes for Wilshere. We have to trust the professionals to know more than us on the fitness.

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:28 - May 16 with 3425 viewsjudespiveyg

That's not that far off from what I'd have picked, only players I wouldn't have gone for are Cahill, Jones and maybe Delph. Wilshere should have gone in my opinion and Lallana might have been worth a punt. Sessegnon was certainly worth a place as well.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:33 - May 16 with 3396 viewsIllinoisblue

they'll probably do as well as the "golden generation" ever did.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:41 - May 16 with 3372 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Wilshere > Delph
Shelvey > Loftus-Cheek
Sessegnon > Young/Trippier
Tarkowski > Smalling
Lascelles > Jones

Carroll/Defoe over Welbeck - Carroll offers that different option as a 4th choice, Defoe quite similar to Vardy, but Welbeck is just a 5hite.
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:44 - May 16 with 3357 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:41 - May 16 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Wilshere > Delph
Shelvey > Loftus-Cheek
Sessegnon > Young/Trippier
Tarkowski > Smalling
Lascelles > Jones

Carroll/Defoe over Welbeck - Carroll offers that different option as a 4th choice, Defoe quite similar to Vardy, but Welbeck is just a 5hite.

Very poor post.

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:45 - May 16 with 3355 viewsSimonds92

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:28 - May 16 by judespiveyg

That's not that far off from what I'd have picked, only players I wouldn't have gone for are Cahill, Jones and maybe Delph. Wilshere should have gone in my opinion and Lallana might have been worth a punt. Sessegnon was certainly worth a place as well.

Not sure id have Welbeck in but apart from that i was seriously hoping that Southgate would be able to persuade Milner out of retirement. Hes been brilliant this season.
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:51 - May 16 with 3333 viewsNo9

Not that bad- midfield apart, we mustn't expect too much this time.
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:54 - May 16 with 3325 viewsbluejacko

Obviously we are not going to be world beaters but come on he has picked a squad that is full of players he knows and trusts. If I am not wrong a good few he had in the U21’s, who have been to tournaments together before. Its been said already it isn’t as if the country is full of ‘world class ‘ players,let’s give them a chance before writing them off!
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:59 - May 16 with 3305 viewsNo9

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 16:54 - May 16 by bluejacko

Obviously we are not going to be world beaters but come on he has picked a squad that is full of players he knows and trusts. If I am not wrong a good few he had in the U21’s, who have been to tournaments together before. Its been said already it isn’t as if the country is full of ‘world class ‘ players,let’s give them a chance before writing them off!

Our 'World Class' players did well in WC Germany, well the WGA's did
No better in S.A.
An embarrasment in Brazil
Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 17:54 - May 16 with 3244 viewsSpruceMoose

Good God, are we even going to make the knockout stages? on 15:23 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

This.

Oi fought the EffAy moight have had some playas they was keeping secret for the lost four yieers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024