Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With GB throwing his hat into the ring 16:20 - May 4 with 6593 viewsVic

this appointment has been taken to a whole new level. If ME doesn't appoint him and it goes belly up for the new man all Hell will be let loose on him I reckon.

I really do not envy him making this decision. Could be win/win or just as easily lose/lose!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:21 - May 4 with 5733 viewsSpruceMoose

I really could not cope with Glassers as manager to be frank.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:21 - May 4 with 5737 viewsSuperfrans

Naaah, I don't agree with that at all.

The majority of Town fans wouldn't appoint Burley, so not appointing him won't reflect badly on Evans at all, regardless of what happens next.

Burley is so NOT the man we need right now.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:22 - May 4 with 5725 viewsITFCBlues

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:21 - May 4 by Superfrans

The majority of Town fans wouldn't appoint Burley, so not appointing him won't reflect badly on Evans at all, regardless of what happens next.

Why not?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:31 - May 4 with 5689 viewsBiGDonnie

Why isn't he?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:31 - May 4 with 5697 viewsSuperfrans

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:22 - May 4 by ITFCBlues

Why not?

Okay.

So, for me, there would be a benefit of having a manager with an ITFC past, in that it would help unite the fans, bring everyone together behind a name and personality (or legend) that we know and love. But it's just one factor in an appointment, not the only one. And even a past legend needs to tick the other boxes.

That's why I think Mowbray is a serious candidate, if he is available. He plays decent football, has achieved promotions before (and very recently - this season), he would be a candidate for any club in our position. The "legend" status adds to his suitability - but he would be a candidate without it.

Burley simply wouldn't be. He hasn't managed for more than 6 years - when he lasted two games managing a Cypriot team. He had been sacked 18 months before that by Palace - 7 and a half years ago.

If he didn't have history with us, he wouldn't even be a consideration. No other club in this division would look at him once, let alone twice. He's simply not a credible candidate.

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:36 - May 4 with 5681 viewsPendejo

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:31 - May 4 by Superfrans

Okay.

So, for me, there would be a benefit of having a manager with an ITFC past, in that it would help unite the fans, bring everyone together behind a name and personality (or legend) that we know and love. But it's just one factor in an appointment, not the only one. And even a past legend needs to tick the other boxes.

That's why I think Mowbray is a serious candidate, if he is available. He plays decent football, has achieved promotions before (and very recently - this season), he would be a candidate for any club in our position. The "legend" status adds to his suitability - but he would be a candidate without it.

Burley simply wouldn't be. He hasn't managed for more than 6 years - when he lasted two games managing a Cypriot team. He had been sacked 18 months before that by Palace - 7 and a half years ago.

If he didn't have history with us, he wouldn't even be a consideration. No other club in this division would look at him once, let alone twice. He's simply not a credible candidate.

So roughly the same time out of the game as Keegan had when he went back to Newcastle as manager and turned them from Level 3 certainties to one of the most attractive teams in Europe? How long was Keane away from football? Or Pardew?

Heart says "let's go for it"

Head says we can judge the decision in a year or two, if we go for it.

It'll never happen though

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:39 - May 4 with 5679 viewspositivity

Why not?

this!

Grimsby 3-0 Town 9th Oct 2002 01:35
A woeful and inept Town crashed to a humiliating 3-0 defeat at lowly Grimsby. The Blues were two down within fifteen minutes and never recovered, conceding a third in the second half. 2

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:43 - May 4 with 5657 viewsPendejo

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:39 - May 4 by positivity

this!

A woeful and inept Town crashed to a humiliating 3-0 defeat at lowly Grimsby. The Blues were two down within fifteen minutes and never recovered, conceding a third in the second half. 2

That's hardly displaying positivity....

How about this...

or this

uberima fides

Login to get fewer ads

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:43 - May 4 with 5653 viewsFreddy

Been out of the game for 7 years since he was at Palace so a no from me
With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:45 - May 4 with 5650 viewsFrimleyBlue

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:43 - May 4 by Freddy

Been out of the game for 7 years since he was at Palace so a no from me

Mick was in the game.....

Keane was in the game.....

Jewell was in the game.....

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:47 - May 4 with 5631 viewsCaptainObvious

this!

crikey if we're judging managers on single poor performances we'd be changing manager every few weeks.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:48 - May 4 with 5627 viewsSuperfrans

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:45 - May 4 by FrimleyBlue

Mick was in the game.....

Keane was in the game.....

Jewell was in the game.....

Simple question. If he wasn't an Ipswich legend, would he even be a contender?

There is your answer.

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:51 - May 4 with 5621 viewspositivity

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:43 - May 4 by Pendejo

That's hardly displaying positivity....

How about this...

or this

all fabulous memories of the past, but just as i don't think that marcus stewart should replace waghorn in our current attack, i think burley would be a disaster in the making in the modern championship!
mogga, hurst or cook for me, even kuqi above george

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:54 - May 4 with 5606 viewsSuperfrans

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:51 - May 4 by positivity

all fabulous memories of the past, but just as i don't think that marcus stewart should replace waghorn in our current attack, i think burley would be a disaster in the making in the modern championship!

It's all pointing towards Hurst or Warburton for me.

Mogga's not coming, Jones commanding too high compo (apparently, although I find it hard to believe), Parker too risky for Evans (just a gut instinct), Cook will steer Wigan in the Championship.

It'll be Hurst if he wants a bigger challenge even if the Shrews are promoted; or Warburton if Hurst doesn't fancy it.

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:54 - May 4 with 5607 viewspositivity

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:47 - May 4 by CaptainObvious

crikey if we're judging managers on single poor performances we'd be changing manager every few weeks.

if only it was one game, and not 15 months of disastrous signings, disastrous tactics and disastrous team selections!

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 17:04 - May 4 with 5568 viewsPendejo

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:48 - May 4 by Superfrans

Simple question. If he wasn't an Ipswich legend, would he even be a contender?

There is your answer.

Yes, no, maybe... can you repeat the question?

ME is the owner, GB is available, relatively cheap and ticks boxes with fan relationship > contender yes [at ITFC but not QPR or whoever needs a manager]

Personally, I think Clough best fits the bill.

uberima fides

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 17:07 - May 4 with 5558 viewsPendejo

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 16:51 - May 4 by positivity

Merry Christmas!

uberima fides

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 17:09 - May 4 with 5550 viewspositivity

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 17:04 - May 4 by Pendejo

Yes, no, maybe... can you repeat the question?

ME is the owner, GB is available, relatively cheap and ticks boxes with fan relationship > contender yes [at ITFC but not QPR or whoever needs a manager]

Personally, I think Clough best fits the bill.

brian? also been out of the game for a while!
seriously though, i'm surprised nigel isn't linked with more jobs, he didn't do brilliantly at derby, but who has?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 18:13 - May 4 with 5450 viewsfactual_blue

Glassers would just divide the fans, so that's a no from me.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 18:13 - May 4 with 5447 viewsDarth_Koont

Okay.

"No other club in this division would look at him once, let alone twice."

Unfortunately, that's hit the nail on the head. And the real mistake is that it's Burley and Butcher, another ex-manager who wouldn't be a target for any club even as a coach.

Here's where they missed a trick. I think GB as DoF/mentor and a younger, less experienced coach taking on the manager's role could have ticked loads of boxes. Just for example: GB and Scott Parker already sounds like a much better mix for now and the future.

Pronouns: He/Him

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 19:45 - May 4 with 5294 viewsITFCBlues

Okay.

I think we should write-off Gerrard, Lampard and Parker on the basis of they’ve not managed in the last 7 years etc.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 20:31 - May 4 with 5169 viewsBloomBlue

Why not?

He got us relegated from the Prem he lost it as a manager at that point. We should've sack him at Christmas in the previous season would still be in the prem if we had.
With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 20:39 - May 4 with 5150 viewsnc41

this!

We did beat Leicester 6-1 a few weeks earlier (IIRC) . That season was far from perfect; think we finished just outside the playoffs, but much more exciting than the last five years
With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 00:08 - May 5 with 4927 viewsVic

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 18:13 - May 4 by factual_blue

Glassers would just divide the fans, so that's a no from me.

Not even as player manager? Could be the right winger we’ve been searching for?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

With GB throwing his hat into the ring on 07:24 - May 5 with 4804 viewstextbackup

in your opinion, obviously.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024