Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans 18:42 - Apr 14 with 4035 viewsMaySixth

powderpuff

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:43 - Apr 14 with 4029 viewsDarth_Koont

Flaky post.

Pronouns: He/Him

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:48 - Apr 14 with 4014 viewsblueislander

I don't suppose that you would care to elaborate, and give some context to that post?
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:49 - Apr 14 with 4002 viewshomer_123

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:48 - Apr 14 by blueislander

I don't suppose that you would care to elaborate, and give some context to that post?

You'll be lucky.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:51 - Apr 14 with 3995 viewsblueislander

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:49 - Apr 14 by homer_123

You'll be lucky.

I'm not holding my breath.
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:58 - Apr 14 with 3973 viewsMaySixth

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:43 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

Flaky post.

Factual post

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:59 - Apr 14 with 3971 viewsMaySixth

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:48 - Apr 14 by blueislander

2-1 Forest (goals on 91 and 94 minutes)

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:59 - Apr 14 with 3965 viewsfactual_blue

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:58 - Apr 14 by MaySixth

Factual post

Don't drag me into it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 19:00 - Apr 14 with 3963 viewsWD19

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:58 - Apr 14 by MaySixth

Factual post

It’s certainly right up there with Factuals Cliff Richard post if that is what you mean. Yes.
Login to get fewer ads

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 19:37 - Apr 14 with 3902 viewshomer_123

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 18:59 - Apr 14 by MaySixth

2-1 Forest (goals on 91 and 94 minutes)

No, that's football.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:04 - Apr 14 with 3857 viewsOxford_Blue

He pays £6-10m a year just to keep the club afloat.

That’s not flaky is it? It’s the opposite.
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:14 - Apr 14 with 3837 viewsFtnfwest

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:04 - Apr 14 by Oxford_Blue

Very true, although he then adds it onto the debt anyway
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:21 - Apr 14 with 3821 viewsmadmouse1959

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:04 - Apr 14 by Oxford_Blue

Oh no...not the £6 million a year myth again.

shampoo dave

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:34 - Apr 14 with 3799 viewsWD19

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:21 - Apr 14 by madmouse1959

What odds will you give that somebody will rock up and buy the debt off him?

It’s a gift. He will never see that money again.
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:43 - Apr 14 with 3789 viewsOxford_Blue

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:21 - Apr 14 by madmouse1959

It’s hardly a myth given it’s published in the accounts.

The club have made a lost almost every year if millions.

Who is subsidising that loss? The magic Churchmans fairy?

Without Evans’ money the club would not exist.
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:44 - Apr 14 with 3785 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone can throw money away. Making it work for you is a bit harder.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:44 - Apr 14 with 3783 viewsvapour_trail

Rigid?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:51 - Apr 14 with 3767 viewsTractorWood

Update as our accounts were filed last week by TractorWood 17 Mar 2018 11:48
Not really anything seismic in the accounts. Evans via a multitude of group entities is owed circa £90m (including some preference shares that are classified as debt - that I'd think he would want). We made a loss for the financial year to 30/06/17 of £4.3m, which is broadly what I and probably most people expected.

We all know the biggest KPI is league attendance and for the period it does state quite a drop from essentially 19k to 17k as comparative period is 15/16 where we were in the playoff mix and probably had a much better feel around the place. There's a little Brexit reference in the principal risks and uncertainties but I'd assume KPMG recommended this as it seems a bit arbitrary.

The wage bill is up from £16.6m to £17.8m, still broadly chicken feed for this division. I'd imagine pension costs will go up next year as auto enrollment to pensions takes full hold of the admin staff but would struggle to see it being over £18.75m. We have a liability to pay someone £260k if some performance criteria is triggered, I assume it's Garner or Waghorn related as it wasn't present last year. Other than that, the accounts are pretty uninteresting including the related party notes that can have some unexpected, juicy items in them.

For completeness and for reference by everyone, our average consolidated loss over the last 4 years is £3.2m:

30/06/14 - £7.3m loss
30/06/15 - £5.5m profit
30/06/16 - £6.6m loss
30/06/17 - £4.3m loss

Interestingly if you extend this to 30/06/13 when we lost £9.8m, this creeps the average loss up to £4.5m per year which is probably less than I'd expect.

Not strictly true.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 22:21 - Apr 14 with 3681 viewsOxford_Blue

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:51 - Apr 14 by TractorWood

Update as our accounts were filed last week by TractorWood 17 Mar 2018 11:48
Not really anything seismic in the accounts. Evans via a multitude of group entities is owed circa £90m (including some preference shares that are classified as debt - that I'd think he would want). We made a loss for the financial year to 30/06/17 of £4.3m, which is broadly what I and probably most people expected.

We all know the biggest KPI is league attendance and for the period it does state quite a drop from essentially 19k to 17k as comparative period is 15/16 where we were in the playoff mix and probably had a much better feel around the place. There's a little Brexit reference in the principal risks and uncertainties but I'd assume KPMG recommended this as it seems a bit arbitrary.

The wage bill is up from £16.6m to £17.8m, still broadly chicken feed for this division. I'd imagine pension costs will go up next year as auto enrollment to pensions takes full hold of the admin staff but would struggle to see it being over £18.75m. We have a liability to pay someone £260k if some performance criteria is triggered, I assume it's Garner or Waghorn related as it wasn't present last year. Other than that, the accounts are pretty uninteresting including the related party notes that can have some unexpected, juicy items in them.

For completeness and for reference by everyone, our average consolidated loss over the last 4 years is £3.2m:

30/06/14 - £7.3m loss
30/06/15 - £5.5m profit
30/06/16 - £6.6m loss
30/06/17 - £4.3m loss

Interestingly if you extend this to 30/06/13 when we lost £9.8m, this creeps the average loss up to £4.5m per year which is probably less than I'd expect.

Not strictly true.

So that’s a net loss and capital outlay of nearly £13m over four years. The profit in just one year was only as a result of selling assets (ie players). If you then take into account the previous years the losses were higher still.

So the point of the OP is clearly a bad one not supported by any evidence.

How is it flaky to subsidise the club to the tube of millions every year?

The debt owed to him will almost certainly never be repaid.
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 22:55 - Apr 14 with 3640 viewsOxford_Blue

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 20:14 - Apr 14 by Ftnfwest

Very true, although he then adds it onto the debt anyway

It’s a capital outlay.

The debt will never be repaid unless the club is promoted and even then we would need to secure premiership income for several years.
Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 07:23 - Apr 15 with 3555 viewsTractorWood

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 22:21 - Apr 14 by Oxford_Blue

So that’s a net loss and capital outlay of nearly £13m over four years. The profit in just one year was only as a result of selling assets (ie players). If you then take into account the previous years the losses were higher still.

So the point of the OP is clearly a bad one not supported by any evidence.

How is it flaky to subsidise the club to the tube of millions every year?

The debt owed to him will almost certainly never be repaid.

I don't disagree. However, the average loss figures you quoted don't reflect the reality of the last few years. It's right he'll never get the those early year losses back. Money was spent poorly by a naïve set up.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 07:33 - Apr 15 with 3542 viewsElderGrizzly

Flaky mentality at ITFC - all comes from Marcus Evans on 07:23 - Apr 15 by TractorWood

I don't disagree. However, the average loss figures you quoted don't reflect the reality of the last few years. It's right he'll never get the those early year losses back. Money was spent poorly by a naïve set up.

Last four years they have averaged lower, i agree. Earlier years there were losses of over £16m a year.

And as you and others have said, he’ll never see the money again.

But back to the OP, as with all his posts, it doesn’t use Head and Shoulders
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024