Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab 09:45 - Apr 12 with 1345 viewsDanFord

It was only yesterday I was bemoaning the negative impacts of social media and if I could have got through to the radio last night I'd have put Sutton straight on a number of things. Sutton is a classic clickbait summariser. He says things for effect in the manner of Katie Hopkins to purely prompt a reaction and be relevant. Nothing against the bloke due to his Norwich connections. Bryan Gunn is one of the nicest blokes I have ever met and there are plenty of ex-Norwich players, like Ipswich that came across as decent people. But Sutton rarely makes any kind of relevant point, which even Shearer and Danny Murphy do on the basis of a broken clock being right twice a day. Sutton literally just says the most derogatory, offensive or misinformed thing that he can thing of in order to generate calls, in order to be all over social media, in order to drive web and app traffic and in order to try and get further analysis slots of the back of this. He is actually clever enough to realise this which is what is disappointing. Like 'celebrities' these days, he is taking up a position that could be filled by someone with actual talent and someone insightful that we could learn from, but instead misinformation and outrage is more desirable by modern society because it's more interesting to 2018 minds.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 9:49]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 09:47 - Apr 12 with 1330 viewsSwansea_Blue

Correct. I didn't hear what he's said this time (presumably it was about us and Mick stropping off), but you know exactly what to expect with him. And it's just as you say.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 09:50 - Apr 12 with 1325 viewsDanFord

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 09:47 - Apr 12 by Swansea_Blue

Correct. I didn't hear what he's said this time (presumably it was about us and Mick stropping off), but you know exactly what to expect with him. And it's just as you say.

In a nutshell ALL Ipswich fans are deluded because we won't get anyone better than Mick McCarthy. After putting him straight, I'd have asked him if he'd want Mick at Norwich given that he's able to out perform a bloke with £100m more than us to play with.

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 09:51 - Apr 12 with 1321 viewsBasuco

He was just winding us up to make you spend 13p per minute while sitting on hold for at least 10 minutes before you go on air then cut you off before you get to make him look stupid. That is if he was on talksh1t.
Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 09:53 - Apr 12 with 1320 viewsDanFord

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 09:51 - Apr 12 by Basuco

He was just winding us up to make you spend 13p per minute while sitting on hold for at least 10 minutes before you go on air then cut you off before you get to make him look stupid. That is if he was on talksh1t.

100% I would have told him we were in 12th and asked him to count that out on his fingers.

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 10:03 - Apr 12 with 1298 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 09:53 - Apr 12 by DanFord

100% I would have told him we were in 12th and asked him to count that out on his fingers.

You could have told then they were deluded to turn on Chris Hughton who has since gone on the get Brighton promoted and performing pretty well in the PL. He's done far more than Mick has with us.

You could have even asked him why there was racist abuse directed at Hughton on a NCFC fansite.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 10:06 - Apr 12 with 1287 viewstextbackup

He'd be better off using his spare to to make peace with himself rather than trying to wind Town fans up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 10:11 - Apr 12 with 1263 viewsGeoffSentence

He does it to get a reaction He got one.

Sutton 1 Numbskulls 0

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 10:23 - Apr 12 with 1236 viewstextbackup

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 10:11 - Apr 12 by GeoffSentence

He does it to get a reaction He got one.

Sutton 1 Numbskulls 0

He got a few tweets, not really that much

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Sutton was practically grown in a Social Media lab on 10:31 - Apr 12 with 1215 viewsBrianTablet

Chris who?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024