Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? 19:31 - Apr 9 with 4179 viewspointofblue

Iorfa, Chambers and Webster all out tomorrow by the sounds of it - I presume Knudsen will move into the middle to accompany Cotter with Kenlock at left back and Spence on the right?

Alternatively Spence and Knudsen could be the centre back pairing with Connolly switching to right back.

Either way I don't think we'll be defensively stable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 19:34 - Apr 9 with 4165 viewsjas0999

Doesn’t really matter. Few actually care now. Season over. Most just want it to end. Personally I wouldn’t start with anyone who won’t be here next season.
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:07 - Apr 9 with 4126 viewsSuperfrans

Carter Vickers will start, surely?

Spence CCV Knudsen Kenlock?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:30 - Apr 9 with 4098 viewsFtnfwest

I certainly wouldn’t put Celina in, too risky
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:39 - Apr 9 with 4079 viewsVic

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:30 - Apr 9 by Ftnfwest

Huh?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:40 - Apr 9 with 4076 viewsSuperfrans

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:39 - Apr 9 by Vic

Huh?

A poor/pathetic attempt at sarcasm, presumably.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:41 - Apr 9 with 4074 viewsParisBlue

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:30 - Apr 9 by Ftnfwest

The risk being we might attack and/or score a goal you mean? Can’t be having that...

Please don’t play a back 5 at home again.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 21:01 - Apr 9 with 4044 viewstextbackup

"Either way I don't think we'll be defensively stable."

what game in the last 2/3 years have we looked defensively stable?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 21:05 - Apr 9 with 4033 viewsSuperblue95

Presumably it will be a back 5 of Cotter, Spence, Vickers, Knudsen and Kenlock

Be interesting to see how Cotter gets on

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 21:11 - Apr 9 with 4023 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 20:41 - Apr 9 by ParisBlue

The risk being we might attack and/or score a goal you mean? Can’t be having that...

Please don’t play a back 5 at home again.

^this. Agree entirely. A back 5 is too risky. Best make it a back 7 just in case

We could be in for a tough night. Never mind Kieffer, McBurnie has been banging them in cutting in from the left of a front 3. Not exactly an area we're good at defending.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2018 21:13]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 22:37 - Apr 9 with 3956 viewsGarv

IIRC we were defensively stable earlier when Spence and Knudsen were the two. I might be wrong there though.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 22:53 - Apr 9 with 3936 viewsbritbiker

Seem to remember we had loads of injuries to defenders then midfielders at the beginning of the season and Mick was forced to use some youngsters. We chanced our luck but it was probably our best period of the season. The regulars came back and the usual dull football began.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2018 9:31]
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 04:00 - Apr 10 with 3846 viewsharlingblue

We have been crying out for a creative midfielder during the whole of MMs time.
For the team against Barnsley, with both Chambers and Webster out injured, I would have this line up:
Bart
Cotter, Spence, CCV, Knudsen
Caroyol, Skuse/Connolly, Hyam, Celina
Waghorn, Folami
Try to attack from the onset, go for broke, forget the turgid 0-0, go for 3 points and give us some fun at Portman Road.
Real supporters to cheer the team, forget the toxic chants, they do nothing more than belittle our 'once proud club'.
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 06:50 - Apr 10 with 3782 viewsITFC_Forever

We’ve been a CB short all season, we never replaced Berra.

Said this at the end of the summer window.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:14 - Apr 10 with 3756 viewsNo9

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 19:34 - Apr 9 by jas0999

Doesn’t really matter. Few actually care now. Season over. Most just want it to end. Personally I wouldn’t start with anyone who won’t be here next season.

"Personally I wouldn’t start with anyone who won’t be here next season."

Which is what Town's senior management / Owner shuld insist on. Platin loanees should have stopped before the last international break
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:19 - Apr 10 with 3749 viewsBenters2

I think he means how about go and attack the opposition ?
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:23 - Apr 10 with 3738 viewsartsbossbeard

Agreed. He really isn't that good a player.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:26 - Apr 10 with 3734 viewsNo9

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 06:50 - Apr 10 by ITFC_Forever

We’ve been a CB short all season, we never replaced Berra.

Said this at the end of the summer window.

Based on Berra's performances last season he should have been replaced before the turn of the year.

A more progressive manager would have resolved the problems.
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:32 - Apr 10 with 3719 viewsBenters2

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:23 - Apr 10 by artsbossbeard

Agreed. He really isn't that good a player.

Too Cavalier for you is he?
We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:38 - Apr 10 with 3701 viewsartsbossbeard

We've had no creative midfield for most of the season, now no defence? on 07:32 - Apr 10 by Benters2

Too Cavalier for you is he?

Show pony. Not a team player. Goes missing. Can't be trusted to do the dirty work.

Did I mention he goes missing?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024