Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick McCarthy 22:15 - Mar 30 with 6249 viewsitfcpaul

Can we all support Mick now it's been decided he's going. Not everyone agrees but in some people's opinions he saved us when he first arrived and has worked wonders with the budget he has had. He's raised millions for this club so let's support him and TC and the team for the remaining games of the season. You never know we could still sneak into the play offs. highly unlikely but you just never know. Thank you Mick for your service to this club from a Barnsley born ITFC fan

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Mick McCarthy on 22:21 - Mar 30 with 6228 viewswitchdoctor

sneak into the play offs!!..
Mick McCarthy on 22:24 - Mar 30 with 6211 viewsLimitlessBlue

weird.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Mick McCarthy on 22:34 - Mar 30 with 6177 viewsjpring89

No

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Mick McCarthy on 22:36 - Mar 30 with 6171 viewsTrequartista

Historically lame duck managers can nosedive so I would think our worst position in half a century for the second successive season is probably more likely than making the playoffs

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick McCarthy on 04:54 - Mar 31 with 6022 viewsBenters2

Mick McCarthy on 06:05 - Mar 31 with 6014 viewsWarhurst

A simple request frankly, but the childlike attitude of some fans won't be compatible with this.
Mick McCarthy on 06:21 - Mar 31 with 6003 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think there is a need to support him, just hopefully there isn't much stick aimed at him to produce a negative atmosphere.

I don't think there will be, what ths point in shouting 'get out of our club' to him when he is doing exactly that? Guess the next 8 games will be fairly flat and a bit of waste of time - hopefully an appointment will be made soon and we can geton with things for next season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick McCarthy on 06:58 - Mar 31 with 5978 viewsfranco

No
Login to get fewer ads

Mick McCarthy on 07:11 - Mar 31 with 5951 viewsLimitlessBlue

Mick McCarthy on 06:05 - Mar 31 by Warhurst

A simple request frankly, but the childlike attitude of some fans won't be compatible with this.

oh up yerarse ,my friend....

happy clappy bulllshiit!

There should be no stick for him, he is leaving but why thank him for what he has done? What has he done???

Mick McCarthy on 07:17 - Mar 31 with 5940 viewsWarhurst

Mick McCarthy on 07:11 - Mar 31 by LimitlessBlue

oh up yerarse ,my friend....

happy clappy bulllshiit!

There should be no stick for him, he is leaving but why thank him for what he has done? What has he done???

For some of us younger fans he's the best ipswich manager we've seen. Perhaps that is depressing for some but its true nonetheless. The play off season was great fun and the only exciting season I've personally seen. You say there should be no stick, yes, but to not thank him either...so just do nothing at all? His reign hasn't been a total disaster in all areas so a polite send off seems appropriate as he's a decent bloke.
Mick McCarthy on 08:40 - Mar 31 with 5880 viewsLimitlessBlue

Mick McCarthy on 07:17 - Mar 31 by Warhurst

For some of us younger fans he's the best ipswich manager we've seen. Perhaps that is depressing for some but its true nonetheless. The play off season was great fun and the only exciting season I've personally seen. You say there should be no stick, yes, but to not thank him either...so just do nothing at all? His reign hasn't been a total disaster in all areas so a polite send off seems appropriate as he's a decent bloke.

support the team, not the departing manager who has managed to have his team play some of the worst football at Portman Road and seen crowds fall to their lowest for a number of years.

thanks Mick for the relegation save and the play-offs but since then it has been awful stuff to watch. I would say the level of thanks and no thanks equals itself out so I will just look forward to the next phase of ITFC and try and forget what McCarthy served up for the last 2 years!

Mick McCarthy on 08:52 - Mar 31 with 5853 viewsoneonmyknee

Mick McCarthy on 22:21 - Mar 30 by witchdoctor

hahaha

what sort of thought process gets anyone to this conclusion ?

mad
Mick McCarthy on 08:59 - Mar 31 with 5840 viewsWarhurst

Mick McCarthy on 08:40 - Mar 31 by LimitlessBlue

support the team, not the departing manager who has managed to have his team play some of the worst football at Portman Road and seen crowds fall to their lowest for a number of years.

thanks Mick for the relegation save and the play-offs but since then it has been awful stuff to watch. I would say the level of thanks and no thanks equals itself out so I will just look forward to the next phase of ITFC and try and forget what McCarthy served up for the last 2 years!

Fair enough, but I will be supporting both the team and the manager. If that makes me a happy clapper then so be it.
Mick McCarthy on 09:00 - Mar 31 with 5838 viewsBenters2

Mick McCarthy on 22:21 - Mar 30 by witchdoctor

Mick McCarthy on 09:08 - Mar 31 with 5809 viewsblueislander

Is a manager who shouts "f-ck off" at them , and calls them "numbskulls" deserving of the support of the fans?
Mick McCarthy on 09:08 - Mar 31 with 5809 viewsStadiumofdark

Mick McCarthy on 06:21 - Mar 31 by itfcjoe

I don't think there is a need to support him, just hopefully there isn't much stick aimed at him to produce a negative atmosphere.

I don't think there will be, what ths point in shouting 'get out of our club' to him when he is doing exactly that? Guess the next 8 games will be fairly flat and a bit of waste of time - hopefully an appointment will be made soon and we can geton with things for next season

I agree. With him going, I'm not sure he's as likely to test the youngsters as he was? More likely to play "full-strength" and try and help his own (and ours obviously) cause.
Mick McCarthy on 09:33 - Mar 31 with 5777 viewsbluejacko

No!
Mick McCarthy on 09:39 - Mar 31 with 5758 viewsSwn98

Mick McCarthy on 07:17 - Mar 31 by Warhurst

What a lovely balanced post from one of our younger fans full respect.
Mick McCarthy on 10:12 - Mar 31 with 5722 viewsblue75

I support Ipswich Town FC not Mick McCarthy I haven’t sung his name in about 3 years and I don’t plan on starting he’s going good riddance May as well place him on gardening leave. Now singing for all the players that I will do as I’ve always done.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Mick McCarthy on 11:19 - Mar 31 with 5689 viewsBenters2

Mick McCarthy on 09:08 - Mar 31 by blueislander

Is a manager who shouts "f-ck off" at them , and calls them "numbskulls" deserving of the support of the fans?

Yes!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024