Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today 10:26 - Feb 24 with 1267 viewsRenegade_Statman

He gave the Town faithful some precious memories.

When you sleep I will creep into your thoughts, like a bad debt that you can't pay

John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 10:27 - Feb 24 with 1262 viewswkj

My grandad had many a fond story regarding Lyall, thanks for posting this

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 11:08 - Feb 24 with 1210 viewschicoazul

S/O to John Lyall my all-time favourite Ipswich Manager.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 11:40 - Feb 24 with 1186 viewsSWGF

Signed Steve Whitton.

Should get a statue for that alone.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 11:50 - Feb 24 with 1185 viewsTrequartista

No whinging about budgets in those days. I know times have changed but a team full of youth players playing every week and £5k signings from Bury Town {Forrest, Stockwell, Wark!, Kiwomya, Dozzell, Johnson, Milton}
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 12:06]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 12:13 - Feb 24 with 1148 viewstrncbluearmy

John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 11:50 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

No whinging about budgets in those days. I know times have changed but a team full of youth players playing every week and £5k signings from Bury Town {Forrest, Stockwell, Wark!, Kiwomya, Dozzell, Johnson, Milton}

If our present manager had a tenth of the tactical savvy of Mr Lyall he would be a little nearer to how good he thinks he is
John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 12:13 - Feb 24 with 1156 viewsEastTownBlue

John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 11:50 - Feb 24 by Trequartista

With only a couple of additions he more or less got the same team he picked up from the much maligned John Duncan promoted. A key part of that was getting a massive improvement from the likes of Dozzell and Kiwomya.

Mr Lyall, as well as Oxford, Southend etc are never to be forgotten by those who attended that season.
John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 1108 viewsirishtim

No Money In The World Could Buy The Lyall Style.
John Lyall would have been celebrating his 78th birthday today on 16:02 - Feb 24 with 1016 viewsjas0999

I worked with his son, Murray Lyall, for several years. Great guy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024