Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The invitation to Trump 11:43 - Nov 30 with 13728 viewsBlueNomad

to come here in his position as POTUS should be withdrawn.

Yes or No?

It's a YES from me. (D'oh! Couldn't even answer my own question having originally said No - to him coming. Hence the edit)
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 11:49]
The invitation to Trump on 11:49 - Nov 30 with 5775 viewsnoggin

Yes. The man is a moron and we shouldn't give him the respect and attention he craves.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

The invitation to Trump on 11:59 - Nov 30 with 5761 viewsPendejo

So we withdraw an invite to a potential post-Brexit business partner because he is a moron?
Yet we invite various dictators etc. with really shady human rights records. "We" have even suppressed legitimate protest to appease China's President that desperate we are to do business with someone anyone!

Aside from anything my company will get a lot of business from a POTUS visit... let him come!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The invitation to Trump on 12:01 - Nov 30 with 5753 viewsvapour_trail

The invitation to Trump on 11:59 - Nov 30 by Pendejo

So we withdraw an invite to a potential post-Brexit business partner because he is a moron?
Yet we invite various dictators etc. with really shady human rights records. "We" have even suppressed legitimate protest to appease China's President that desperate we are to do business with someone anyone!

Aside from anything my company will get a lot of business from a POTUS visit... let him come!

Are you an egg salesman?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The invitation to Trump on 12:14 - Nov 30 with 5737 viewsIllinoisblue

You sell orange hair dye?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The invitation to Trump on 12:19 - Nov 30 with 5729 viewsPendejo

The invitation to Trump on 12:14 - Nov 30 by Illinoisblue

You sell orange hair dye?

NO! Spray on tan products

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The invitation to Trump on 12:28 - Nov 30 with 5718 viewsbaxterbasics

No.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

The invitation to Trump on 12:39 - Nov 30 with 5707 viewsbrazil1982

No. He is POTUS, our closest ally. The State have welcomed far worse people.

He's tweeted a few things that people don't like. Big deal.
The invitation to Trump on 12:44 - Nov 30 with 5684 viewsnoggin

USA also have shady human rights record, to be fair and Trump wants to make it even shadier.

Login to get fewer ads

The invitation to Trump on 12:44 - Nov 30 with 5683 viewsBlueNomad

He is a moron who has attacked the UK on internal issues several times, been totally offensive to our Moslem Mayor of London, retweeted stuff that is inaccurate and generates hatred in our country and has now been offensive to our Prime Minister. The Chinese President did none of these things.

We are, and will remain, friends of the USA. He is not, and never will be, a friend of the UK
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 12:46]
The invitation to Trump on 12:45 - Nov 30 with 5682 viewsgiant_stow

What with brexit, we simply can't afford to piss him off.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The invitation to Trump on 12:48 - Nov 30 with 5662 viewsgiant_stow

The invitation to Trump on 12:44 - Nov 30 by BlueNomad

He is a moron who has attacked the UK on internal issues several times, been totally offensive to our Moslem Mayor of London, retweeted stuff that is inaccurate and generates hatred in our country and has now been offensive to our Prime Minister. The Chinese President did none of these things.

We are, and will remain, friends of the USA. He is not, and never will be, a friend of the UK

The French managed to put on a show for him without selling out - don't see why we can't.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The invitation to Trump on 12:51 - Nov 30 with 5655 viewsBOjK

There's a difference between a Trump coming to the UK and a full state visit.

I thought a full state visit was inappropriate when it was first offered and I still do now.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

The invitation to Trump on 12:51 - Nov 30 with 5651 viewsnoggin

The invitation to Trump on 12:45 - Nov 30 by giant_stow

What with brexit, we simply can't afford to piss him off.

We will, of course, bow down and kiss his arse in the hope of a favourable trade deal. Like with Saudi Arabia, human rights violations can be swept under the carpet if enough money is involved.

The invitation to Trump on 12:52 - Nov 30 with 5648 viewsbrazil1982

The invitation to Trump on 12:44 - Nov 30 by BlueNomad

I don't think he's been offensive to Khan or May. Seems he likes twitter too much and doesn't think before he types.
I don't see how he has generated hate in the UK.
The invitation to Trump on 12:52 - Nov 30 with 5644 viewsBlueBadger

The invitation to Trump on 12:48 - Nov 30 by giant_stow

The French managed to put on a show for him without selling out - don't see why we can't.

I suspect the answer to this is 'because we have a craven and incompetent government desperate to cosy up to anyone in the hope it might generate a few quid'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The invitation to Trump on 12:53 - Nov 30 with 5640 viewsnoggin

The invitation to Trump on 12:52 - Nov 30 by brazil1982

I don't think he's been offensive to Khan or May. Seems he likes twitter too much and doesn't think before he types.

He has retweeted posts that are aimed at spreading hate. That is spreading hate in my book.

The invitation to Trump on 12:54 - Nov 30 with 5634 viewsStokieBlue

The invitation to Trump on 12:44 - Nov 30 by noggin

USA also have shady human rights record, to be fair and Trump wants to make it even shadier.

If you're going to go down the human rights route then how come Xi was allowed a state visit?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

The invitation to Trump on 12:55 - Nov 30 with 5630 viewsnoggin

The invitation to Trump on 12:54 - Nov 30 by StokieBlue

If you're going to go down the human rights route then how come Xi was allowed a state visit?

SB

I never said he should have.

The invitation to Trump on 12:56 - Nov 30 with 5628 viewsBlueBadger

The invitation to Trump on 12:52 - Nov 30 by brazil1982

Point 1 - https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/06/khan-trump/529191/

Point 2 - He's shared links posted by members of a far-right group designed to enflame to a huge worldwide audience.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The invitation to Trump on 12:57 - Nov 30 with 5598 viewsGlasgowBlue

No. The invitation is to the office not the man.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The invitation to Trump on 12:59 - Nov 30 with 5602 viewsRyorry

The invitation to Trump on 12:53 - Nov 30 by noggin

He has retweeted posts that are aimed at spreading hate. That is spreading hate in my book.

Most people have as part of their profile that "RTs do not necessarily mean my endorsement" or words to that effect. Does he have anything like that on his?

Poll: Time of the annunciation

The invitation to Trump on 13:07 - Nov 30 with 5580 viewsBlueNomad

The invitation to Trump on 12:57 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

No. The invitation is to the office not the man.

That is my only nagging doubt but I think he has crossed a line that makes such a visit unacceptable. As I said earlier, our relationship with his country will remain good long after he has gone.
The invitation to Trump on 13:13 - Nov 30 with 5567 viewsblue_oyster

Amusing how the UK is obsessed with a US presidential visit. The UK has been an annoyance to the US for a very long time. At least since we burnt down the White House in 1814.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

The invitation to Trump on 13:15 - Nov 30 with 5558 viewsgiant_stow

The invitation to Trump on 13:13 - Nov 30 by blue_oyster

Amusing how the UK is obsessed with a US presidential visit. The UK has been an annoyance to the US for a very long time. At least since we burnt down the White House in 1814.

They should see us when we get angry.

The invitation to Trump on 13:18 - Nov 30 with 5539 viewsSwansea_Blue

There's a local radio station here in Maine that's openly and aggressively pro-Trump, anti-Democrat. If people think the Mail/Express/Guardian are partisan this is a whole new level - it's pure propaganda.

Point being they keep saying that Trump's outsmarting everyone by always getting the media to dance to his tune. A lot of what's on there is batsh*t crazy and they love a strawman. But in this they've got a point. Trump is often factually incorrect and deliberately misleads, but it does help him pick up supporters who don't care whether he's telling the truth or not.

A dangerous man similar to Farage. The best way to take the wind from his sails would be simply to ignore him. He thrives on publicity at any cost.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024