Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... 10:55 - Nov 7 with 9633 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Who's getting it on release? Usually there are quite a few glitches which don't get resolved for a few weeks so I'm unsure whether to purchase on Friday or wait...

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:01 - Nov 7 with 7341 viewsitfcjoe

Should be less glitches as Beta been running for 2 weeks and lots of fixes implemented since then

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:03 - Nov 7 with 7333 viewsKieran_Knows

I need to get myself a new laptop first, and then I'll probably get it around Xmas time.

Currently on a long term save in FM17 with RKC Waalwijk, 15 seasons in. Loving it, although my laptop is making it incredibly difficult to carry on playing!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:05 - Nov 7 with 7323 viewsSWGF

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:01 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

Should be less glitches as Beta been running for 2 weeks and lots of fixes implemented since then

Last minute recalculation of Kevin Bru's value to the team?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:08 - Nov 7 with 7323 viewsitfcjoe

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:05 - Nov 7 by SWGF

Last minute recalculation of Kevin Bru's value to the team?

Nah, I never really lowered his CA just his reputation to make him out of favour luckily. Never rated him highly anyway tbh.

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:13 - Nov 7 with 7299 viewsThisIsMyUsername

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:03 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

I need to get myself a new laptop first, and then I'll probably get it around Xmas time.

Currently on a long term save in FM17 with RKC Waalwijk, 15 seasons in. Loving it, although my laptop is making it incredibly difficult to carry on playing!

Same really. My laptop is painfully slow when it comes to doing anything at all.

My longest FM career was on 2011 when I went to about 2023 and turned Ipswich in to the biggest club in the world. I had a player who must have been on about £800k a week after bonuses etc.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 11:15]

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:20 - Nov 7 with 7272 viewsSWGF

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:13 - Nov 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Same really. My laptop is painfully slow when it comes to doing anything at all.

My longest FM career was on 2011 when I went to about 2023 and turned Ipswich in to the biggest club in the world. I had a player who must have been on about £800k a week after bonuses etc.

Lee Martin?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:23 - Nov 7 with 7261 viewsThisIsMyUsername

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:20 - Nov 7 by SWGF

Lee Martin?

Colin Healy actually.

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:32 - Nov 7 with 7244 viewsKieran_Knows

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:13 - Nov 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Same, I have uninstalled virtually everything off my laptop other than FM17 and anti-virus software and yet it is still incredibly slow. That said, I have had it a good 5 years or so, so perhaps it is time for an upgrade.

Believe it or not, I have never managed Town on any FM. Don't know why, just don't really like it!

Think my longest save was in FM15 where I went to about 2045, after I spent much of my time going round clubs in Europe and trying to win the League/Champions League. Spent about 2/3 seasons on average at most clubs, that was quite enjoyable.

Login to get fewer ads

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:58 - Nov 7 with 7196 viewsThisIsMyUsername

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:32 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

Same, I have uninstalled virtually everything off my laptop other than FM17 and anti-virus software and yet it is still incredibly slow. That said, I have had it a good 5 years or so, so perhaps it is time for an upgrade.

Believe it or not, I have never managed Town on any FM. Don't know why, just don't really like it!

Think my longest save was in FM15 where I went to about 2045, after I spent much of my time going round clubs in Europe and trying to win the League/Champions League. Spent about 2/3 seasons on average at most clubs, that was quite enjoyable.

Don't know why but I usually start to lose interest a bit as more and more regens come in to the game.

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:00 - Nov 7 with 7191 viewsKieran_Knows

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:58 - Nov 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Don't know why but I usually start to lose interest a bit as more and more regens come in to the game.

Yer I get what you mean. I always try and keep the real life players as part of my backroom staff though, still gives it that slightly sense of realism.

I've had Luke Chambers as a coach at RKC Waalwijk, then he left to become Cardiff manager, got sacked so I made him coach again, and then he left to join Nottingham Forest as manager! I'm sure he'll be back at some point! Also have David McGoldrick as coach too, but they're the only 2 Ipswich players I've had. Virtually every real life RKC player has become a coach/scout for me.

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:11 - Nov 7 with 7158 viewsdavblue

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:01 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

There’s certainly nothing show stopping this year.

I understand why the beta is done but the buzz on the forums years ago on release day has gone now.

Quite like this years edition but struggling to get any results going, very in and out for me in my first season 12th after the halfway point but can’t seem to get going in attack.
It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:21 - Nov 7 with 7133 viewsTendring_Blue

Got a new laptop for this especially. No better way to waste time.
It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:43 - Nov 7 with 7077 viewsitfcjoe

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:11 - Nov 7 by davblue

There’s certainly nothing show stopping this year.

I understand why the beta is done but the buzz on the forums years ago on release day has gone now.

Quite like this years edition but struggling to get any results going, very in and out for me in my first season 12th after the halfway point but can’t seem to get going in attack.

I agree with all that with regards to the Beta

I'm struggling a bit, picked up a bit of form but struggling to score and at one point after 14 games I had drawn 10 of them. Had 3 or 4 0-0s in a row

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:47 - Nov 7 with 7061 viewsDanTheMan

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:32 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

Football Manager really relies on how decent your CPU is, uninstalling stuff isn't going to help all that much.

RAM will help a little as it can probably load more of the database into memory.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:48 - Nov 7 with 7056 viewsKieran_Knows

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:47 - Nov 7 by DanTheMan

Football Manager really relies on how decent your CPU is, uninstalling stuff isn't going to help all that much.

RAM will help a little as it can probably load more of the database into memory.

Ah! As you can probably tell, I have no idea when it comes to laptops/computers etc!

I saw this laptop recommended on an FM forum, would you say this is okay?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Inspiron-Laptop-Pentium-Windows/dp/B01N9OJEE3/ref=

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:01 - Nov 7 with 7041 viewsdavblue

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:43 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

I agree with all that with regards to the Beta

I'm struggling a bit, picked up a bit of form but struggling to score and at one point after 14 games I had drawn 10 of them. Had 3 or 4 0-0s in a row

DinoJoe?
It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:03 - Nov 7 with 7034 viewsitfcjoe

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:01 - Nov 7 by davblue

DinoJoe?

I've turned it around - got Celina and loanee George Williams playing behind Waggy and can't stop scoring now...!

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:12 - Nov 7 with 7006 viewsDanTheMan

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:48 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

Ah! As you can probably tell, I have no idea when it comes to laptops/computers etc!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Inspiron-Laptop-Pentium-Windows/dp/B01N9OJEE3/ref=

It'll run, but it won't be great, and honestly I would not consider buying a laptop or desktop without an SSD. Save and load times will be slow, the whole OS starts to chug over time as well.

If you're looking to buy a laptop, PM me a budget and I'll help you out.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:14 - Nov 7 with 6993 viewsKieran_Knows

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:12 - Nov 7 by DanTheMan

It'll run, but it won't be great, and honestly I would not consider buying a laptop or desktop without an SSD. Save and load times will be slow, the whole OS starts to chug over time as well.

Will do shortly, cheers.

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:15 - Nov 7 with 6992 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Is there any point though in spending much more on a laptop which will probably still need replacing in 3-4 years' time?

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:15 - Nov 7 with 6991 viewshype313

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 12:48 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

One of the techies at my work has just got one of these.

https://www.ebuyer.com/770957-msi-gs63vr-7rf-stealth-pro-gaming-laptop-9s7-16k21

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:38 - Nov 7 with 6958 viewstownblue

I'm currently dual booting Ubuntu and Windows. I've not run much games-wise on Ubuntu, do you reckon it's likely to perform any better on there?
It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:39 - Nov 7 with 6957 viewsgreyhound

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:15 - Nov 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Is there any point though in spending much more on a laptop which will probably still need replacing in 3-4 years' time?

I would say unless it's a mega spec 3-4years is even hopeful. My mac Pro is still lightning quick after 3 years but I expect it to be for what I paid. I wouldnt expect a 600 pound windows machine to last more than 2 years
It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 16:09 - Nov 7 with 6838 viewsdavblue

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 13:03 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

I've turned it around - got Celina and loanee George Williams playing behind Waggy and can't stop scoring now...!

4-3-3 for me Celina Winger right, Lookman left Inside forward, McGoldrick complete forward .

Got 34 goals in 28 games just can't seem to score more than 1 a game on most occasions.
It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 16:53 - Nov 7 with 6769 viewsSwailsey

It's almost Football Manager 2018 Day... on 11:23 - Nov 7 by ThisIsMyUsername

Colin Healy actually.

#hero

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024