Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump watch 09:37 - Oct 8 with 2268 viewsunstableblue

For me this 10 minsfrom Radio 4, sums up my feelings:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b096jkgd#play

However, his behaviour this week, does threaten the democratic culture, his lying seems to continue - checked by the media, but somehow allowed to continue

His latest attack on the media is unprecedented and given the bile and hate he is generating from his base, I do think it is causing real damage to the legitimacy of a press that questions government, and more worryingly it is stoking aggression and anti establishment hate, anti rule of law, anti truth

Apologies if my continued Trump musings are boring?! When is Huws back from injury?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump watch on 09:48 - Oct 8 with 2252 viewssparks

I wonder if the BBC has any figures on the number of people who, since their insistence on registering before viewing any online content, click on such links and then close them again when told to register. I'm guessing it might be a very high figure?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump watch on 09:53 - Oct 8 with 2232 viewsjeera

Trump watch on 09:48 - Oct 8 by sparks

I wonder if the BBC has any figures on the number of people who, since their insistence on registering before viewing any online content, click on such links and then close them again when told to register. I'm guessing it might be a very high figure?

They can add me to their list if so.

I can't be bothered each time.

I'm sure there's a 'keep me signed in' option, no? I'm sure I've checked that a few times, or was that the Ch 4 site, or ITV... I dunno. Possibly all of them.

Edit: Sorry, yes of course there is, I didn't bother to look either. Well it doesn't work someone tell the Beeb for me please.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2017 9:56]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump watch on 10:11 - Oct 8 with 2207 viewssparks

Trump watch on 09:53 - Oct 8 by jeera

I'm sure there's a 'keep me signed in' option, no? I'm sure I've checked that a few times, or was that the Ch 4 site, or ITV... I dunno. Possibly all of them.

Edit: Sorry, yes of course there is, I didn't bother to look either. Well it doesn't work someone tell the Beeb for me please.

I just dont see any good reason to give yet another company my personal details to register. Especially when ive already paid for the service...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Trump watch on 10:12 - Oct 8 with 2204 viewsunstableblue

Trump watch on 09:48 - Oct 8 by sparks

Sorry - link worked fine on an unregistered PC.

It’s a great piece.

In summary

Incredulous that he got in with so much hate in his campaign; disbelief at how he is getting away with so much lying; comfort that he’s not actually getting anything done that he wants; concern on what damage his legacy will cause.

Anyway do you know when Huws is back from injury??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump watch on 10:13 - Oct 8 with 2203 viewsjeera

Trump watch on 10:11 - Oct 8 by sparks

I just dont see any good reason to give yet another company my personal details to register. Especially when ive already paid for the service...

Agreed. It felt unnecessarily intrusive when I reluctantly filled it in a few weeks back.

I grumpily refused a couple of times but then there was something or other I wanted to view.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump watch on 10:13 - Oct 8 with 2200 viewsWeWereZombies

Trump watch on 09:53 - Oct 8 by jeera

Interesting - with no TV reception where I live I use the iPlayer and Radio player quite a lot so had no choice but to go through with the registration process once they started to insist on it. Since then I have not had a jot of disruption, no trouble at all, Hacked off with the way they keep redesigning their website and how many screens I have to go through just to view a radio schedule but the content works fine. I have even started paying for a TV licence.

As far as the 'A Point of View' goes, Andrew Sullivan is no AL Kennedy but he hits a number of points very quickly and with force in his ten minutes. I am getting more and more certain that Trump has been engineered into the presidency to allow the USA to cede World No. 1 slot to China and then have somebody to blame it all on.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Trump watch on 12:48 - Oct 8 with 2092 viewsfactual_blue

Trump watch on 10:13 - Oct 8 by WeWereZombies

Interesting - with no TV reception where I live I use the iPlayer and Radio player quite a lot so had no choice but to go through with the registration process once they started to insist on it. Since then I have not had a jot of disruption, no trouble at all, Hacked off with the way they keep redesigning their website and how many screens I have to go through just to view a radio schedule but the content works fine. I have even started paying for a TV licence.

As far as the 'A Point of View' goes, Andrew Sullivan is no AL Kennedy but he hits a number of points very quickly and with force in his ten minutes. I am getting more and more certain that Trump has been engineered into the presidency to allow the USA to cede World No. 1 slot to China and then have somebody to blame it all on.

Also, don't be surprised when you get some sort of new registration code for iplayer, a code that will be derived from your TV licence.

No licence, no code. No code, no iplayer.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Loss-making businessman Trump watch on 13:44 - Oct 8 with 2051 viewsWeWereZombies

Things are not going great for Eric (well, if you believe that is who is really running the business) either:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/losses-at-trump-s-scottish-golf-resorts-have-double

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024