Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
23:31 - Aug 21 with 5510 views_

Amir Karic's lad... on 23:35 - Aug 21 with 5492 viewsStokieBlue

Are you playing as Ipswich and playing 4-4-2 with no players in their actual positions due to injuries?

How is FM now? Mentally complicated?

Don't think I've played since the 2005 version maybe. It became incredibly slow in comparison to the older versions.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

on 23:41 - Aug 21 with 5457 views_

Amir Karic's lad... on 23:35 - Aug 21 by StokieBlue

Are you playing as Ipswich and playing 4-4-2 with no players in their actual positions due to injuries?

Don't think I've played since the 2005 version maybe. It became incredibly slow in comparison to the older versions.

SB

Amir Karic's lad... on 01:27 - Aug 22 with 5366 viewsCurrie10

SB

I stopped on Fm08 properly, had every version from the incredibly simple and fun CM97/98 all the way through.

Not sure why I skipped 09, then got 10.... dear god that was absolutely awful. Extended media conferences etc, very very slow.

I was Notts County ( they had the $$$ ) and thought it'd be fun getting them up the leagues. Upon getting them to the championship within two seasons ( look at me rar rar rar ) I noticed I'd spent 47 hour on the save...despite trying to go through it very quickly.

Utter rubbish. FM08 was unreal, maybe 6-9 hours a season, a lotta fun and easy to play.

Not played it since..... have they simplified it and made it more user friendly or has it gone down the toilet totally?
Amir Karic's lad... on 06:29 - Aug 22 with 5275 viewsCoastalblue

Amir Karic's lad... on 01:27 - Aug 22 by Currie10

I stopped on Fm08 properly, had every version from the incredibly simple and fun CM97/98 all the way through.

Not sure why I skipped 09, then got 10.... dear god that was absolutely awful. Extended media conferences etc, very very slow.

I was Notts County ( they had the $$$ ) and thought it'd be fun getting them up the leagues. Upon getting them to the championship within two seasons ( look at me rar rar rar ) I noticed I'd spent 47 hour on the save...despite trying to go through it very quickly.

Utter rubbish. FM08 was unreal, maybe 6-9 hours a season, a lotta fun and easy to play.

Not played it since..... have they simplified it and made it more user friendly or has it gone down the toilet totally?

I had pretty much every incarnation from the very first which I played on an Atari ST until a few years ago when I found the same thing. However I did pick up a copy in the last two or three years and I think they do a streamlined game now which is a lot quicker, though still nothing like the old ones for speed.

CM 01 (I believe it is) is available to download for free these days and there is an active community who keeps it up to date with current squads and transfers if you fancy some old school management.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:12 - Aug 22 with 5164 viewsbournemouthblue

SB

It did get very slow, I actually bought the mobile version for this reason

I believe they may have even integrated a 'quick mode' into later versions?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:24 - Aug 22 with 5133 viewsReuser_is_God

Amir Karic's lad... on 06:29 - Aug 22 by Coastalblue

I had pretty much every incarnation from the very first which I played on an Atari ST until a few years ago when I found the same thing. However I did pick up a copy in the last two or three years and I think they do a streamlined game now which is a lot quicker, though still nothing like the old ones for speed.

CM 01 (I believe it is) is available to download for free these days and there is an active community who keeps it up to date with current squads and transfers if you fancy some old school management.

Where can I download CM 01?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:32 - Aug 22 with 5114 viewsCoastalblue

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:24 - Aug 22 by Reuser_is_God

This is the best site to use, I used to frequent there for a while but haven't in ages.

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:33 - Aug 22 with 5108 viewsDanTheMan

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:24 - Aug 22 by Reuser_is_God

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

That forum as well has pretty extensive updates.

Even being patched:
http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=268

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:39 - Aug 22 with 5088 viewsStokieBlue

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:33 - Aug 22 by DanTheMan

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=2

That forum as well has pretty extensive updates.

Even being patched:
http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=268

Thanks Dan - that looks great.

Like the x4 speed mode - I'll download at some point :).

SB

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:41 - Aug 22 with 5081 viewsartsbossbeard

Sven must be the young lad who pushed his Dad into the swimming pool at the Holiday Inn nr Suffolk One a few year back.

Amir was standing poolside sans budgie smugglers when young Sven crept up behind him and gave him a push. Amir was far from impressed with young Sven. The pool area was quite busy at the time.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Amir Karic's lad... on 09:02 - Aug 22 with 5018 viewsStokieBlue

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:41 - Aug 22 by artsbossbeard

Sven must be the young lad who pushed his Dad into the swimming pool at the Holiday Inn nr Suffolk One a few year back.

Amir was standing poolside sans budgie smugglers when young Sven crept up behind him and gave him a push. Amir was far from impressed with young Sven. The pool area was quite busy at the time.

He wasn't wearing any swimming costume?

Crikey.

SB

Amir Karic's lad... on 09:04 - Aug 22 with 5013 viewsartsbossbeard

Amir Karic's lad... on 09:02 - Aug 22 by StokieBlue

He wasn't wearing any swimming costume?

Crikey.

SB

Oops, avec.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Amir Karic's lad... on 09:36 - Aug 22 with 4945 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Amir Karic's lad... on 01:27 - Aug 22 by Currie10

I did something similar.. FM08 may as well have been what the put on my degree certificate from Uni, 3 years of pretty much solid play and as you say, the perfect level of detail to prattle through a season if necessary or deliberate & take longer if you wanted.

I bought FM10 or 11 (can't remember) after I graduated & coupled with not having so much time and taking 2 or 3 hours to get through a couple of matches (probably not helped by my laptop dying a slow death) it felt absolutely awful and more of a chore than anything so sacked it off and never played it since.

I have been tempted to restart a game on FM08 a number of times but know how dangerous it would be given the halcyon days at Uni when half a dozen of us would be sat around sharing a couple plug sockets and while away the day missing lectures and realising we'd spent 16 hours on a single session
Amir Karic's lad... on 11:19 - Aug 22 with 4860 viewsTIB

I've been trying to get back into it for the last year...yet to complete one season with a club although I'm a few months into a save with FK Senja in the Norwegian lower leagues...only one team gets promotion which will make it tough.

Half my battle has been getting my head around everything in the game...the staffing, scouting, training, tactics, player roles etc etc. It's incredible the depth it goes and I know once I understand it all I'll be well into it...at present it's the learning and time consuming nature that I struggle with on it.

I did stop to take some pictures after passing FK Senja's ground last week...for a second I felt like FM had become reality

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Amir Karic's lad... on 11:22 - Aug 22 with 4853 viewsKieran_Knows

Amir Karic's lad... on 11:19 - Aug 22 by TIB

I've been trying to get back into it for the last year...yet to complete one season with a club although I'm a few months into a save with FK Senja in the Norwegian lower leagues...only one team gets promotion which will make it tough.

Half my battle has been getting my head around everything in the game...the staffing, scouting, training, tactics, player roles etc etc. It's incredible the depth it goes and I know once I understand it all I'll be well into it...at present it's the learning and time consuming nature that I struggle with on it.

I did stop to take some pictures after passing FK Senja's ground last week...for a second I felt like FM had become reality

I'm currently in the 2030 with RKC Waalwijk in Holland. Have been with them from the very beginning (2016). I now actually look out for their results IRL, all because of FM.

Finally won the Champions League in 2029, after many years of being knocked out at the group stages. I did manage to win the Europa League on 4 occasions though!

If anyone can point me in the direction of buying the RKC shirt for this season, that would be much appreciated as I am on the lookout!

EDIT - Had Luke Chambers as my reserve coach, but he left me to take charge of Cardiff. Still have David McGoldrick as an under 19's coach though!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 11:23]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Amir Karic's lad... on 17:24 - Sep 1 with 4609 viewsStokieBlue

Amir Karic's lad... on 08:32 - Aug 22 by Coastalblue

This is the best site to use, I used to frequent there for a while but haven't in ages.

http://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php

This is great, had a few minutes today so downloaded the game, patch and 2017 data update and installed.

Whack the speed up to x4 and stick it in windowed mode and it's great fun. Have it in the corner of the screen whilst getting on with whatever else you are doing and it zips along.

SB

on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 4548 views_

Amir Karic's lad... on 17:24 - Sep 1 by StokieBlue

This is great, had a few minutes today so downloaded the game, patch and 2017 data update and installed.

Whack the speed up to x4 and stick it in windowed mode and it's great fun. Have it in the corner of the screen whilst getting on with whatever else you are doing and it zips along.

SB

Amir Karic's lad... on 18:28 - Sep 1 with 4539 viewsStokieBlue

on 18:23 - Sep 1 by _

I don't think I can stick 2017 but 01/02 for free with updated data is quite fun for a little while.

I imagine it will be a very little while though.

SB

Amir Karic's lad... on 19:12 - Sep 1 with 4493 viewsCoastalblue

Amir Karic's lad... on 18:28 - Sep 1 by StokieBlue

I don't think I can stick 2017 but 01/02 for free with updated data is quite fun for a little while.

I imagine it will be a very little while though.

SB

Yeah I go through bursts with it. I play for a while then don't touch it for months and months, but the nice thing is you can zip through a few seasons without investing ridiculous amounts of hours.

I sound like a 14 year old now, I WANT IT NOW

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024