Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) 14:02 - Aug 28 with 6821 viewskizaitfc

Start with fanzone

1. I brought a few mates with me all of which were buying tickets on turnstile were told they could not enter without a ticket. We then strolled down to the ticket office to be told we need to buy them on the turnstile.

2. Once we finally got into the fanzone after various chats with the stewards on the door, we found the queue as outside the tent. How long will it take them to realise the either need a bigger bar or a separate bottle bar outside.

3. When I purchased my beer I received a loyalty card of buy 5 pints get 1 free. I bought 6 pints and got one stamp (It does say 1 per transaction). How do itfc see that as a fair promotion, a guy buying one pint gets the same as someone buying 10 pints.

4. Very small thing but how have they not noticed there pricing: 1 pint £3.90 1/2 pint £1.90. Who makes this up?

5. Finally the toilets! There must have been over 300 people in tge fanzone saturday yet we only have a cubicle of 4 toilets rohnd the back.

In the ground

1. The new rule of the club no oversized bags, however I did see someone empty a big bag into 2 carrier bags and was allowed to bring that in. Madness!

2. No Portman pies left 5 minutes before half time.

3. Despite a small attendance not getting served at half time until the 2nd half had kicked off.

All very petty things but when all out together you have to wonder who's job it is to manage these things and what have they been doing all summer.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:19 - Aug 28 with 5655 viewsBenters

2.Go in mid winter no sado is going to want to stand there freezing their Buster Browns off supping overpriced Lager.

4.Buy 2 halfs saving yourself 10p also £3.90 a pint is steep innit.

In the stadium itself has always been piss poor.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 14:21]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:21 - Aug 28 with 5628 viewshomer_123

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:19 - Aug 28 by Benters

2.Go in mid winter no sado is going to want to stand there freezing their Buster Browns off supping overpriced Lager.

You don't get out much do you Benters?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:25 - Aug 28 with 5609 viewsblindkipper

First time I've been to the fanzone as I can't get to many games due to work...don't think I'll bother in future, the queue for food/beer was ridiculous, the whole idea needs reworking
Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:25 - Aug 28 with 5613 viewsbrogansnose

Went to the fanzone on Saturday and the queue was horrendous. Went to the bar at the top of the North which was quiet and had a couple of pints of IPA which was good and at a good temperature. They had pies too.
Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:33 - Aug 28 with 5568 viewsGarv

My advice would be to suck it up. It's football.

Not getting served in good time at the bar is pretty standard.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:53 - Aug 28 with 5485 viewsfactual_blue

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:21 - Aug 28 by homer_123

There is a reason he doesn't

End of.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 15:20 - Aug 28 with 5398 viewsEastTownBlue

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:19 - Aug 28 by Benters

If you are going for a beer, you can have a couple of decent pints of Ghostie elsewhere for a more reasonable price.
Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:09 - Aug 28 with 5302 viewsmadmouse1959

Everything is overpriced....
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 1:24]

shampoo dave

Login to get fewer ads

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:28 - Aug 28 with 5250 viewsbraveblue

But our MD is doing a great job!!
Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:32 - Aug 28 with 5247 viewsDolly2.0

I'm intrigued as to why someone was going into Portman Road with all their stuff in a bin bag. Had they just got out of prison?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:45 - Aug 28 with 5201 viewsmadmouse1959

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:32 - Aug 28 by Dolly2.0

I'm intrigued as to why someone was going into Portman Road with all their stuff in a bin bag. Had they just got out of prison?

A bin bag full of handkerchiefs.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2017 22:48]

shampoo dave

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 5157 viewsBenters

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 15:20 - Aug 28 by EastTownBlue

If you are going for a beer, you can have a couple of decent pints of Ghostie elsewhere for a more reasonable price.

Indeed £2.50 a pint in my local spoons.

Gentlybentley

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:00 - Aug 28 with 5149 viewsBenters

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:09 - Aug 28 by madmouse1959

Everything is overpriced....
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 1:24]

Yeah but you get your pic on fb and everything .

melts..

Gentlybentley

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:04 - Aug 28 with 5133 viewsBenters

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 14:21 - Aug 28 by homer_123

Whats that got to with the price of chips?

Gentlybentley

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:25 - Aug 28 with 5072 viewsfactual_blue

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 16:58 - Aug 28 by Benters

Indeed £2.50 a pint in my local spoons.

Wetherspoons is a Good Thing.

It keeps the riff-raff out of proper pubs.

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:36 - Aug 28 with 5041 viewsBenters

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:25 - Aug 28 by factual_blue

Wetherspoons is a Good Thing.

It keeps the riff-raff out of proper pubs.

Im looking forward to my visit to the HH !

Gentlybentley

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:49 - Aug 28 with 4992 viewsfactual_blue

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:36 - Aug 28 by Benters

Im looking forward to my visit to the HH !

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:50 - Aug 28 with 4983 views12th_Man

Just don't go simple really

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 22:52 - Aug 28 with 4656 viewsmadmouse1959

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:00 - Aug 28 by Benters

Yeah but you get your pic on fb and everything .

melts..

[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 1:25]

shampoo dave

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 06:02 - Aug 29 with 4499 viewsBenters

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 17:50 - Aug 28 by 12th_Man

Just don't go simple really

Take a flask and sarnies ?

Gentlybentley

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 06:42 - Aug 29 with 4471 viewsWarkystache

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 06:02 - Aug 29 by Benters

Take a flask and sarnies ?

Have to admit I spent £2.50 on a bottle of Diet Coke on Saturday from SBRL.

In fairness, it was bloody warm pitchside, and I'd already drunk enough alcohol in The Cricketers. Nowt worse when you're singing and cheering than a dry throat/mouth.

Not that I needed to worry too much after our performance.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 06:46 - Aug 29 with 4464 viewsBenters

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 06:42 - Aug 29 by Warkystache

Have to admit I spent £2.50 on a bottle of Diet Coke on Saturday from SBRL.

In fairness, it was bloody warm pitchside, and I'd already drunk enough alcohol in The Cricketers. Nowt worse when you're singing and cheering than a dry throat/mouth.

Not that I needed to worry too much after our performance.

I hope they took the bottle top off?

Gentlybentley

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 07:28 - Aug 29 with 4405 viewsKeaneish

Fanzone is rubbish. Resembles a school fete in a car park.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 08:12 - Aug 29 with 4322 viewsBluebell

Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 07:28 - Aug 29 by Keaneish

Fanzone is rubbish. Resembles a school fete in a car park.

I must admit we always avoid the Fanzone but went there before the Brentford game as we had other people with us and had moved our seats to the Co-op stand for that game.

It took 15 minutes to get a beer and then it was warm. No seats available so we ended up sitting on the ground. The queues for food were nearly as long so we didn't bother.

The toilets are a good idea as, if you have had a long journey to Ipswich, it is probably nice to have that facilty instead of having to go into the concourse, but we didn't use them so can't comment on them.

To sum up, we won't go there again but I can imagine it is good if you have young children with you.
Few minor annoyances about Saturday (non football related) on 08:14 - Aug 29 with 4316 viewsNo9

The idea of a fanzone is an extremely good one.
ITFC management isn't fit for purpose
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024