Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. 10:14 - May 31 with 7033 viewsmonytowbray

Just over a couple of months or so ago the tabloids were screaming about how easy it is to access websites publishing content that helps potential extremists commit acts of terrorism.

Today in The Sun; a handy infographic detailing all the items you need to build a device just like the one the Manchester bomber used last week for just over £66.

Please tell me the world is purposely being a parody right now and isn't serious.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:17 - May 31 with 5002 viewsblueislander

This morning Radio5 Live interviewed a lady who was at the Manchester Arena when the bomb went off, and she was extremely upset about this. It is, as you say, appallingly crass of The Sun, but what is new about that.
Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:19 - May 31 with 4990 viewsmonytowbray

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:17 - May 31 by blueislander

This morning Radio5 Live interviewed a lady who was at the Manchester Arena when the bomb went off, and she was extremely upset about this. It is, as you say, appallingly crass of The Sun, but what is new about that.

Really is a non-story, innit.

WEAPON USED IN MURDER WAS PURCHASED IN A SHOP

Next...

TWTD never forgets…

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:22 - May 31 with 4968 viewsfooters

'Advertorial content paid for by our partners at Sports Direct, Screwfix, Toolstation and B&Q.'

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:26 - May 31 with 4955 viewsWD19

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:19 - May 31 by monytowbray

Really is a non-story, innit.

WEAPON USED IN MURDER WAS PURCHASED IN A SHOP

Next...

I haven't read the article, but my instinct is that there are one or two missing ingredients from the shopping list!?!

...If not I am going to feel very nervous walking into my shed next time I need a lightbulb.
Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:44 - May 31 with 4894 viewsfactual_blue

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:26 - May 31 by WD19

I haven't read the article, but my instinct is that there are one or two missing ingredients from the shopping list!?!

...If not I am going to feel very nervous walking into my shed next time I need a lightbulb.

The main missing ingredient is a misguided loser who thinks he'll destroy Western civilisation by murdering a a few adolescents out enjoying themselves.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:45 - May 31 with 4882 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Sun here isn't quite as bad as ABC news in the US.

Watch video 1:06-1:10
http://abcnews.go.com/International/uk-police-arrest-connection-manchester-arena

The irony here is that if I linked the video directly to the ISIS youtube account I'd be guilty of aiding terrorism, but linking the same content from a proper news agency (who themselves took the video from a terrorist propaganda source) is actually okay.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 10:51]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 13:01 - May 31 with 4781 viewsNo9

Murdoch media = what more would anyone expect?
Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 13:10 - May 31 with 4768 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:45 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

The Sun here isn't quite as bad as ABC news in the US.

Watch video 1:06-1:10
http://abcnews.go.com/International/uk-police-arrest-connection-manchester-arena

The irony here is that if I linked the video directly to the ISIS youtube account I'd be guilty of aiding terrorism, but linking the same content from a proper news agency (who themselves took the video from a terrorist propaganda source) is actually okay.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 10:51]

Isis have their own YouTube account?

Surely it's too simplistic of me to toughest someone traces it?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 13:49 - May 31 with 4722 viewsbluelagos

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 13:10 - May 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Am guessing it will be based in the middle east rather than in the US/UK.

But the ease with which ISIS recruit / radicalise online does seem to be a largely undressed problem (from my ignorant position)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 13:52 - May 31 with 4712 viewsblue_oyster

Really? And how does that explode?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:21 - May 31 with 4687 viewsmonytowbray

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 13:52 - May 31 by blue_oyster

Really? And how does that explode?

By putting it together in a certain way one would assume.

TWTD never forgets…

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:22 - May 31 with 4680 viewsblue_oyster

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:21 - May 31 by monytowbray

Idiocy is certainly in full force today.

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:27 - May 31 with 4665 viewsBlueStreak

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:21 - May 31 by monytowbray

LOL
Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:31 - May 31 with 4658 viewsmonytowbray

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:22 - May 31 by blue_oyster

Idiocy is certainly in full force today.

Not like you to miss the point for the sake of an argument...

TWTD never forgets…

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:39 - May 31 with 4636 viewscaught-in-limbo

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 13:10 - May 31 by The_Romford_Blue

They also have twitter accounts.

They sent these messages 4 hours before the Ariana Grande concert:

I imagine only Youtube, Facebook and Twitter know which countries these accounts are registered in.

#toxic

on 14:42 - May 31 with 4630 views_

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:39 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

I imagine only Youtube, Facebook and Twitter know which countries these accounts are registered in.

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:45 - May 31 with 4622 viewsblue_oyster

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:39 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

It was posted afterwards, time shown is US time.

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:45 - May 31 with 4620 viewscaught-in-limbo

on 14:42 - May 31 by _

Don't ask me. I don't believe anything the government/press/ISIS tells me anymore.

#toxic

on 14:46 - May 31 with 4610 views_

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:45 - May 31 by blue_oyster

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:49 - May 31 with 4598 viewsfooters

on 14:46 - May 31 by _

The date certainly looks American. Not sure how many other countries do it back to front!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:51 - May 31 with 4591 viewscaught-in-limbo

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:45 - May 31 by blue_oyster

That's not actually true.

I was following twitter at the time of the attack with others on TWTD providing links.

There was a discussion on twitter about it at the time.

Anyway, it should be very easy to check the twitter feed from that night.

EDIT:

UPDATE - all those tweets have now been purged from the #manchesterarena tweet history. I don't know when they were purged, but they were still there on Wednesday morning last week.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 14:59]

#toxic

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:01 - May 31 with 4555 viewsblue_oyster

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:51 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

That's not actually true.

I was following twitter at the time of the attack with others on TWTD providing links.

There was a discussion on twitter about it at the time.

Anyway, it should be very easy to check the twitter feed from that night.

EDIT:

UPDATE - all those tweets have now been purged from the #manchesterarena tweet history. I don't know when they were purged, but they were still there on Wednesday morning last week.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 14:59]

That's a shame!

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:19 - May 31 with 4524 viewscaught-in-limbo

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:01 - May 31 by blue_oyster

That's a shame!

Isn't it!

I've just found on google images old tweets by "normal" twitter users drawing attention to these ISIS tweets at the time of the attack. However, when you look on their own twitter feeds, all tweets from that time have also been purged.

That's the great thing about history stored digitally. Those who want to purge it can, so it never happened.

#toxic

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:44 - May 31 with 4497 viewsblue_oyster

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:19 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

Isn't it!

I've just found on google images old tweets by "normal" twitter users drawing attention to these ISIS tweets at the time of the attack. However, when you look on their own twitter feeds, all tweets from that time have also been purged.

That's the great thing about history stored digitally. Those who want to purge it can, so it never happened.

We'll just never know if you just completely made all of that up, or not.

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:54 - May 31 with 4483 viewsmonytowbray

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:44 - May 31 by blue_oyster

We'll just never know if you just completely made all of that up, or not.

The top tweet looks doctored, the font is too thin.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024