Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. 10:14 - May 31 with 7040 viewsmonytowbray

Just over a couple of months or so ago the tabloids were screaming about how easy it is to access websites publishing content that helps potential extremists commit acts of terrorism.

Today in The Sun; a handy infographic detailing all the items you need to build a device just like the one the Manchester bomber used last week for just over £66.

Please tell me the world is purposely being a parody right now and isn't serious.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 16:08 - May 31 with 2015 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 14:51 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

That's not actually true.

I was following twitter at the time of the attack with others on TWTD providing links.

There was a discussion on twitter about it at the time.

Anyway, it should be very easy to check the twitter feed from that night.

EDIT:

UPDATE - all those tweets have now been purged from the #manchesterarena tweet history. I don't know when they were purged, but they were still there on Wednesday morning last week.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 14:59]

Social media trolls spreading fake posts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/05/23/manchester-attack-social-media-

"The screenshots displayed the American date format, with the month appearing before the day. If it was captured in the US, the tweet would have been posted at 11:32pm or later UK time. There were no tweets responding to the supposed prediction until then."

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 16:23 - May 31 with 2002 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:54 - May 31 by monytowbray

The top tweet looks doctored, the font is too thin.

This is a great description of conspiracy theorists:

Conspiracy theories are designed to make lazy under-achievers feel like rigorous scholars. There is surely a sociopathic element to someone who is able to look at the shattered bodies of little girls, skip the sympathy part and go straight to using it as a Snakes and Ladders counter. Conspiracy theorists have been with us forever — once they would have wielded pitchforks, accused women of being witches or Jews of poisoning wells.

They may hide behind new-fangled technology these days, but the medieval song remains the same; namely, that Those People Over There are in cahoots with the Devil.

They’re just sad little sacks wetting their beds in the long dark night of the modern soul where no one knows what’s around the corner, using their far-fetched fancies as a kind of blanky to be cuddled for comfort — no matter how rancid such comforters become with repeated use. It’s them, not us, who are actually the sheeple — seeking the unswervingly strong shepherd of destiny while we are tough-minded enough to take our chances with the wolves of uncertainty.

Their fruitcake theories about the authenticity of the moon landing in particular illustrates the tininess of their minds and their dullards lack of ability to experience wonder or appreciate achievement; at heart, conspiracy theorists are a bunch of fearful, curtain-twitching stick-in-the-muds, like a demented Neighbourhood Watch on a global scale.

The idea that the world actually doesn’t have a pattern terrifies them, driven as they are by a narrow-minded desire for order — as are the terrorists whose crimes they so lightly dismiss. In fact, conspiracy theorists are best described as terrorists too scared to leave their bedrooms — a good thing, on balance.

What to do? Some people would censor the half-wits — but this would just play into the clammy paws of their persecution fantasies. No, the only course of action is to let them chatter themselves senseless — even the ones who aren’t barking mad now eventually will be — until they end up in a Tower of Babel situ, no longer able to understand even each other. The sainted Christopher Hitchens famously coined the phrase ‘the silly led by the sinister’ to describe Western apologists for Islamism, and it is equally applicable to conspiracy theorists. Though we may feel that the sinister deserve greater condemnation than the silly, it’s good to have them all in the same padded cybercell, where we can keep an eye on them and hopefully prevent them from injuring themselves too seriously on the sharp corners of cold hard fact.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 17:28 - May 31 with 1980 viewscaught-in-limbo

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:44 - May 31 by blue_oyster

We'll just never know if you just completely made all of that up, or not.

No, you'll never know the truth and any attempt I can make to prove it will fall on deaf ears. You've already decided.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 17:41 - May 31 with 1969 viewsCoastalblue

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:19 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

Isn't it!

I've just found on google images old tweets by "normal" twitter users drawing attention to these ISIS tweets at the time of the attack. However, when you look on their own twitter feeds, all tweets from that time have also been purged.

That's the great thing about history stored digitally. Those who want to purge it can, so it never happened.

Actually the reality is that digital stuff can never truly be purged in that way, it will always be there.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 17:42 - May 31 with 1967 viewsSwansea_Blue

I preferred the Sun when it featured tits rather than just being solely read by them.
[Post edited 31 May 2017 18:07]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 17:56 - May 31 with 1955 viewsnoggin

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 15:54 - May 31 by monytowbray

The top tweet looks doctored, the font is too thin.

Doctored later, to make it look doctored.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 17:59 - May 31 with 1950 viewscaught-in-limbo

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 17:41 - May 31 by Coastalblue

Actually the reality is that digital stuff can never truly be purged in that way, it will always be there.

Is it there for you and everyday normal people to access?

#toxic

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 18:22 - May 31 with 1934 viewsblue_oyster

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 17:28 - May 31 by caught-in-limbo

No, you'll never know the truth and any attempt I can make to prove it will fall on deaf ears. You've already decided.

Any evidence is welcome sweetie, before you get annoyed.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 18:36 - May 31 with 1922 viewscaught-in-limbo

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 18:22 - May 31 by blue_oyster

Any evidence is welcome sweetie, before you get annoyed.

Everyone at TWTD is far too predictable to annoy me, ducky.

I'm not prepared to teleport you into my Wednesday morning class to ask my students to confirm what we talked about and saw last week. I'd be pointless anyway, as they were experiencing cognitive dissonance as usual.

LOL

#toxic

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 19:05 - May 31 with 1905 viewsHARRY10

Tabloid hypocrasy and idiocy in full force today via The Sun. on 10:22 - May 31 by footers

'Advertorial content paid for by our partners at Sports Direct, Screwfix, Toolstation and B&Q.'

'Toolstation'

what an apt collective noun for Sun readers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024