Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? 12:07 - Apr 3 with 989 viewsASAx

20 league games so far plus Stevenage and Lincoln in the cups. In terms of actual enjoyment I sat down to try and work out which ones I would said have left me remotely entertained.

BARNSLEY (SECOND HALF) - Second half was excellent. Four goals. First half has been abysmal.

NORWICH - (BOTH HALVES) - Enjoyed the occasion. Didn't think the performance was great but thought we were the better team and therefore it was enjoyable.

ASTON VILLA (LAST 5 MINS) - Complete non event until the last 5 minutes and injury time where we could have scored five!

QPR (SECOND HALF) - We weren't great but it was a comfortable home win scoring three goals. It therefore has to be enjoyable.

LINCOLN (ATMOSPHERE) - We were awful. The atmosphere and occasion were enjoyable however.

BLACKBURN (IN SPELLS) - Again not a good performance but they were even worse, we won and Lawrence scored two more crackers. Not a good game but a rare home win so enjoyable.

READING (BOTH HALVES) - Played really well against a good side.

LEEDS (IN SPELLS) - Another pretty decent performance against a good side.

In my view that is it. A couple of enjoyable games, a couple of enjoyable occasions and a couple of good halves or spells. From an entire season.

Feel free to add anything else if I am being harsh but the rest has been completely negative, uneventful dross devoid of any attacking purpose or any kind of willingness to pass.

It says something that I've enjoyed as many occasions this season as actual performances. I think I'll head to a fair few away games next season because even if the performances are as bad as I expect, the occasions of the day out are always enjoyable.
on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 959 views_

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:09 - Apr 3 with 959 viewsITFC_Forever

Bristol City last 20 mins.... Dozzell coming on and showing exactly how good a footballer he is / become.

Needs to work on the physical side of things first, but when he came on against Brizzle, his passing and eye for creativity were on a different level to anyone else we have in the squad.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:15 - Apr 3 with 924 viewsNo9

Enjoyed isn't the correct word
22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:16 - Apr 3 with 921 viewsReuser_is_God

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:09 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Forever

Bristol City last 20 mins.... Dozzell coming on and showing exactly how good a footballer he is / become.

Needs to work on the physical side of things first, but when he came on against Brizzle, his passing and eye for creativity were on a different level to anyone else we have in the squad.

May passing & creativity would be on another level of the rest of our squad.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:17 - Apr 3 with 915 viewsLankHenners

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:09 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Forever

Was going to mention that. That that game and performance came after we were rinsed clean and through by Fulham who could/should have scored 5 or 6 on Boxing Day probably helped.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:18 - Apr 3 with 900 viewsSmithy

Posted something similar last month, its hard to disagree with anything. The worst side I have seen at Portman Road this season is Ipswich

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:20 - Apr 3 with 888 viewsASAx

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:18 - Apr 3 by Smithy

Posted something similar last month, its hard to disagree with anything. The worst side I have seen at Portman Road this season is Ipswich

The best way I can accurately describe Saturday was that it was like watching Ipswich play Ipswich.
22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:20 - Apr 3 with 876 viewsITFC_Forever

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:20 - Apr 3 by ASAx

The best way I can accurately describe Saturday was that it was like watching Ipswich play Ipswich.

Was better than the Wolves game.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:23 - Apr 3 with 850 viewsASAx

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:20 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Forever

Was better than the Wolves game.

Another satisfactory way of summing up this season is that we were terrible on Saturday, absolutely terrible. One shot on target in the first 70 minutes or so I think, the Sears one first half.

Then I watched the Sky highlights and realised it was probably one of our better performances this season in terms of chances created.
22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:24 - Apr 3 with 835 viewsTractorWood

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:20 - Apr 3 by ASAx

The standard of football was so bad. The last 20 minutes was one team who were happy with a point (Brum) and another team who were happy that the opposition were happy with a point.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

on 12:29 - Apr 3 with 764 views_

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:16 - Apr 3 by Reuser_is_God

May passing & creativity would be on another level of the rest of our squad.

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:30 - Apr 3 with 766 viewsIllinoisblue

it was way back in August but something struck me at the Preston game - just how tedious it all was. I was in upper churchmans which isn't the best barometer of feeling and passion but everyone around me seemed content to sit quietly as if struck down by some paralysis. We scored a good goal and got 3 points but it didn't feel like it. It seemed a chore. Which, I guess, is what you get with McCarthy. When you have a Murphy to make it work a la 14-15 you can get away with it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:35 - Apr 3 with 705 viewsReuser_is_God

on 12:29 - Apr 3 by _

True, apart from the fact I'm older than Jonas....

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 12:36 - Apr 3 with 691 views_

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:35 - Apr 3 by Reuser_is_God

True, apart from the fact I'm older than Jonas....

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:43 - Apr 3 with 656 viewsASAx

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:30 - Apr 3 by Illinoisblue

it was way back in August but something struck me at the Preston game - just how tedious it all was. I was in upper churchmans which isn't the best barometer of feeling and passion but everyone around me seemed content to sit quietly as if struck down by some paralysis. We scored a good goal and got 3 points but it didn't feel like it. It seemed a chore. Which, I guess, is what you get with McCarthy. When you have a Murphy to make it work a la 14-15 you can get away with it.

I think that's a pretty fair appraisal of how every game has felt this season really.

Even coming so soon after the Barnsley game and when it looked as if we'd be spending a bit of money, with £1.2m of whatever it was on Webster and Ward, a few goals and a not unreasonable start to the season and there was still a complete lack of enthusiasm.

It's been like a slow death. The fact so many people are unhappy and yet most can't even be bothered to vent their anger or frustration is telling. The Sky highlights from Saturday were almost as if they'd removed the crowd audio but you can actually here one bloke say 'that was offside'.

The whole season has felt like the last game of a season we've finished 16th in.
22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:46 - Apr 3 with 619 viewsIllinoisblue

22 home games so far this season - How many have you enjoyed? on 12:43 - Apr 3 by ASAx

I think that's a pretty fair appraisal of how every game has felt this season really.

Even coming so soon after the Barnsley game and when it looked as if we'd be spending a bit of money, with £1.2m of whatever it was on Webster and Ward, a few goals and a not unreasonable start to the season and there was still a complete lack of enthusiasm.

It's been like a slow death. The fact so many people are unhappy and yet most can't even be bothered to vent their anger or frustration is telling. The Sky highlights from Saturday were almost as if they'd removed the crowd audio but you can actually here one bloke say 'that was offside'.

The whole season has felt like the last game of a season we've finished 16th in.

that's the very scary thing; if people are too bored/uninterested to even moan or protest properly that does not bode well for the future of the club. A couple more seasons like this one and we'll be losing a sizable number of fans. Time for Evans to step up, be a leader and realise - as he should after 10 years at ITFC - that it needs more than some laughable "five-point plan" to progress the club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024