Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taylor last night? 10:31 - Feb 1 with 1778 viewsBlue_Armee

I might have missed something here but, does anybody know why after trying to push through international clearance in time for last nights game, and achieving that, why wasn't Taylor even on the bench?

Surely Mick can see Berra needs a rest, he is really struggling. I hope he plays Taylor on Saturday.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Taylor last night? on 10:34 - Feb 1 with 1738 viewsKeno

My guess is they did that in case Chambers went

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Taylor last night? on 10:35 - Feb 1 with 1728 viewsclive_baker

Maybe it was pushed through incase Chambers did go to Forest, but decided he wasn't needed / fit enough. I don't see the harm in getting it sorted out quickly. I don't see why we wouldn't.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

His head fell off..... on 10:35 - Feb 1 with 1710 viewsBloots

....same as Doogaroogoo.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Taylor last night? on 10:36 - Feb 1 with 1709 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I expect the Chambers saga has a few twists in it that we don't know about (yet)

I have a suspicion that we were trying to sign someone as a replacement for Chambo with Taylor expected to be involved if Chambers left, but as no replacement was found and the skipper probably demanded he not be dropped.. then Taylor was the one to miss out.

All very odd, but not sure we'll ever find out the real truth behind it all
Taylor last night? on 10:37 - Feb 1 with 1678 viewsBlue_Armee

Taylor last night? on 10:34 - Feb 1 by Keno

My guess is they did that in case Chambers went

You are probably right, but when our back four is crying out for some leadership and confidence can't understand why he wasn't even on the bench.

Yet another baffling Mick decision.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Taylor last night? on 10:40 - Feb 1 with 1650 viewsPhilTWTD

Taylor last night? on 10:36 - Feb 1 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I expect the Chambers saga has a few twists in it that we don't know about (yet)

I have a suspicion that we were trying to sign someone as a replacement for Chambo with Taylor expected to be involved if Chambers left, but as no replacement was found and the skipper probably demanded he not be dropped.. then Taylor was the one to miss out.

Efe Ambrose was the player who was viewed as a potential Chambers replacement.
Taylor last night? on 10:45 - Feb 1 with 1581 viewsSWGF

Taylor last night? on 10:40 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

Efe Ambrose was the player who was viewed as a potential Chambers replacement.

Permanent?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Taylor last night? on 10:48 - Feb 1 with 1536 viewsPhilTWTD

Taylor last night? on 10:45 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Permanent?

Loan, joined Blackburn in the end. Wouldn't have been time to get anything longer term sorted with anyone.
Login to get fewer ads

Taylor last night? on 10:53 - Feb 1 with 1474 viewsSWGF

Taylor last night? on 10:48 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

Loan, joined Blackburn in the end. Wouldn't have been time to get anything longer term sorted with anyone.

Shambles

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Taylor last night? on 10:56 - Feb 1 with 1456 viewshadleighboyblue

Taylor last night? on 10:36 - Feb 1 by King_of_Portman_Rd

The Chambers situation is baffling .

MM said last night that Notts F had made him an offer , so while it sounds like we haven't offered him an extended deal , you couldn't blame Chambers if he went .

He was very subdued last night , probably wishing he had gone .

The whole of our transfer dealings this window are baffling . How many of the 7 signings are going to break into the 1st team ............and where does that leave our youngsters ?

The whole club is a mess .
Taylor last night? on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 1412 viewsKeno

Taylor last night? on 10:53 - Feb 1 by SWGF

Shambles

Is that the name of another loan signing we missed out on?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Taylor last night? on 11:10 - Feb 1 with 1356 viewssoupytwist

Taylor last night? on 10:48 - Feb 1 by PhilTWTD

That just exposes our lack of planning *again*. We have a senior player in the last six months of their contract. If we don’t offer him some certainty it doesn’t take a genius to work out that he might take matters into his own hands during the window. So we should have had a plan to fall back on if he does (especially with one, and then two, of our other centre halves injured).

No one will convince me that anyone in the club had that conversation and came up with Efe as the possible solution. That would be worse than chucking in whoever plays centre half for the U23s.
Taylor last night? on 11:26 - Feb 1 with 1274 viewsSWGF

Taylor last night? on 11:04 - Feb 1 by Keno

Is that the name of another loan signing we missed out on?

Yeah.

Can't get into Southport's team. Could do a job for us.

Taylor last night? on 12:02 - Feb 1 with 1151 viewsRandall

It would do us a favour if Chambers left. I like the guy, but he is not good enough on the ball for a right back and not solid enough as a centre back.

If you want to play decent attacking football, it is crucial to have two full backs who are good on the ball, able to attack a defender and get a decent cross in. Playing a centre back at right back suits Mick's style of football (Stearman?) but is regressive.

IMO our full backs have been the consistent weakness in our team this year and last (excusing Berra's decline).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024