Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game 07:55 - Jan 8 with 1878 viewsMaySixth

at the very least he is a extremely decent human being

totally counter productive however frustrated people are

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 08:37 - Jan 8 with 1769 viewsLord_Lucan

I am an outer but I agree with you. Personal abuse is disgusting.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:07 - Jan 8 with 1703 viewsBlue_badge

While I don't agree with personal abuse your claim that he is an "extremely decent human being " is based on what ? Personal contact? Knowledge of his charitable or personal contribution to society?
For all that most (99.99%) know on here, he could be a nasty piece of work - I'm not saying he is, I'm saying that people on the forums make all sorts of claims based on what they read on these forums and other social media.
It just highlights that we're all powerless pawns who think we know stuff and have some tiny element of control when we don't.
Have a nice day.
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:09 - Jan 8 with 1689 viewstaximan

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:07 - Jan 8 by Blue_badge

While I don't agree with personal abuse your claim that he is an "extremely decent human being " is based on what ? Personal contact? Knowledge of his charitable or personal contribution to society?
For all that most (99.99%) know on here, he could be a nasty piece of work - I'm not saying he is, I'm saying that people on the forums make all sorts of claims based on what they read on these forums and other social media.
It just highlights that we're all powerless pawns who think we know stuff and have some tiny element of control when we don't.
Have a nice day.

well said
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:10 - Jan 8 with 1673 viewsMullet

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:07 - Jan 8 by Blue_badge

Have a nice day.

20 years or so in the media spotlight gives us plenty to go on. 4 years of daily scrutiny as Town fans is pretty handy too.

I guess it all depends if your world view aligns with Matt Holland or Roy Keane.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:12 - Jan 8 with 1660 viewsPJH

Have a nice day.

So on that basis then those that are giving MM personal abuse might actually be decent human beings?
Nothing to suggest they are because other than being in the same ground as them I know nothing about them,but they might be.
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:15 - Jan 8 with 1616 viewsstuyarmouthblue

Well said. The abuse is very un-Ipswich
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:17 - Jan 8 with 1596 viewsMaySixth

Have a nice day.

I have met Mick five or six times.

He is a very very decent bloke.

I don't want him as the manager of my football club.

Have a nice day.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:24 - Jan 8 with 1558 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

During the game or at any time especially on here.

Very undignified. Anyone can express an opinion without resorting to personal abuse.
Login to get fewer ads

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:28 - Jan 8 with 1515 viewsartsbossbeard

Have a nice day.

I met him at The Hilton in Newcastle the night before the game this season.

Genuinely nice bloke. The personal abuse, much like the in-game booing, is the work of simpletons.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:35 - Jan 8 with 1462 viewstaximan

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:28 - Jan 8 by artsbossbeard

I met him at The Hilton in Newcastle the night before the game this season.

Genuinely nice bloke. The personal abuse, much like the in-game booing, is the work of simpletons.

how do you know they are "simpletons" ?

is it because they don't share the same views as you ?

life must be great in your self righteous world
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:40 - Jan 8 with 1418 viewsartsbossbeard

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:35 - Jan 8 by taximan

how do you know they are "simpletons" ?

is it because they don't share the same views as you ?

life must be great in your self righteous world

Well, I don't boo and I'm not a simpleton.

Cogito ergo sum as the philosopher Rene Descartes once pondered.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 1390 viewsStiffler

I agree the abuse aimed towards Micky is disgusting

Remember you can't make a silk purse from a pigs ear
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:42 - Jan 8 with 1390 viewsGarv

Put your two sentences together...

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:46 - Jan 8 with 1336 viewssuperfan

Agree 100%. I am a Mick outer, but I would never personally abuse anybody. I wish Mick well wherever he ends up, but I wish he would go now.
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 10:38 - Jan 8 with 1197 viewsjas0999

Completely agree. Wasn't there yesterday, but have never end booed the team or manager. Nor shout abuse.

Having said that, I'm also a believer in folk paying their money and entitled to state an opinion.
I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 11:02 - Jan 8 with 1132 viewstiptreeblue

I don't understand the personal abuse towards McCarthy during the game on 09:10 - Jan 8 by Mullet

20 years or so in the media spotlight gives us plenty to go on. 4 years of daily scrutiny as Town fans is pretty handy too.

I guess it all depends if your world view aligns with Matt Holland or Roy Keane.

whilst, not disagreeing with you, people thought that of Rolf Harris and a few others which turned out not quite as nice as we all thought, so it`s not foolproof
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024