Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block 12:54 - Apr 13 with 1036 viewsGlasgowBlue

against the top 3.

Sunderland against Leeds, Watford against us, Plymouth last night and now Blackburn against Leeds.

No wonder the top 3 aren't picking up the number of points they were earlier in the season.

I'm glad we will be playing a team today that will at least try to play football.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 12:58 - Apr 13 with 987 viewsJ2BLUE

In theory, none of our final four should play for a draw. They either need wins or they'll be out of the running.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:07 - Apr 13 with 925 viewsNeedhamChris

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 12:58 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

In theory, none of our final four should play for a draw. They either need wins or they'll be out of the running.

It really depends on results. That's the best case scenario. Equally plausible that Hull and Coventry are out of the running by the time we play them and Huddersfield might be safe (or only need 1 point).

It's going to be a long few weeks!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:08 - Apr 13 with 923 viewscbower

It's up to the 'better' teams to show they are superior and break them down. Always feel we play with too little tempo against such tactics and run out of ideas at times.

bluescouser

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:10 - Apr 13 with 901 viewsStokieBlue

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:08 - Apr 13 by cbower

It's up to the 'better' teams to show they are superior and break them down. Always feel we play with too little tempo against such tactics and run out of ideas at times.

How can one play at a tempo if they are just sitting back and not moving?

Genuinely interested to know.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:10 - Apr 13 with 898 viewsJ2BLUE

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:07 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

It really depends on results. That's the best case scenario. Equally plausible that Hull and Coventry are out of the running by the time we play them and Huddersfield might be safe (or only need 1 point).

I said or be out of the running. If they are out of contention they have no reason to sit back.

Hopefully both Huddersfield and Town only need a point and each team can pass it around the defence for 90 mins*

*Yes I know that's not McKenna's style

Truly impaired.

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:13 - Apr 13 with 855 viewsNeedhamChris

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:10 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

I said or be out of the running. If they are out of contention they have no reason to sit back.

Hopefully both Huddersfield and Town only need a point and each team can pass it around the defence for 90 mins*

*Yes I know that's not McKenna's style

True, but if that's the case somebody really should have told Watford!

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:14 - Apr 13 with 829 viewsJ2BLUE

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:13 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

Good point.

I fancy them to get another draw today.

Truly impaired.

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:20 - Apr 13 with 745 viewsNeedhamChris

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:14 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

Good point.

I fancy them to get another draw today.

Same, might even win that one. Although I'm not too worried about Southampton winning if we do - keeps them interested in Leicester!

Login to get fewer ads

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:31 - Apr 13 with 659 viewsPlums

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:10 - Apr 13 by StokieBlue

How can one play at a tempo if they are just sitting back and not moving?

Genuinely interested to know.

SB

IMHO It takes a huge appetite for risk because you have to give them the ball to draw them out. Throw ins in your own half etc.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:33 - Apr 13 with 644 viewspointofblue

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:13 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

They were probably playing for Cleverley. They seem to him, so a decent run should get him the job for three (playing) months before they decide on another change.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:39 - Apr 13 with 614 viewsStokieBlue

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:31 - Apr 13 by Plums

IMHO It takes a huge appetite for risk because you have to give them the ball to draw them out. Throw ins in your own half etc.

Doesn't work though if they have no appetite to attack.

I think people underestimate how difficult it is to break a well organised low block.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:47 - Apr 13 with 579 viewsRyorry

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:31 - Apr 13 by Plums

We do have an appetite for (calculated) risk though, as evidenced by playing it out from the back policy.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:57 - Apr 13 with 510 viewsGlasgowBlue

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 13:07 - Apr 13 by NeedhamChris

If Cov and Hull are out of the running then they won't be sitting back trying to hold on for dear life.

Iron Lion Zion

The amount of teams sitting back and employing the low block on 14:10 - Apr 13 with 407 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cleverly auditioning for the manager's job. A hard earned point against promotion challenging Ipswich is a plus in that respect.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024