Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... 16:08 - Feb 15 with 1525 viewsITFC_Forever

...and only went in as the defender was an incompetent fool?
I've got a -73 or whatever it was to beat.

Only kidding, he showed some good touches last night and was an important part of our play in general.
Perhaps an element of luck with the goal as the bounce caught the defender out, but get it on target and you never know what might happen.

Other thoughts;
- Clarke is in great form.
- AAH looks a proper player.
- Was good to see Burgess back.
- Hutchinson's injury sit down changed the game.
- Town fans sounded great on the telebox.
[Post edited 15 Feb 16:18]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 16:26 - Feb 15 with 1374 viewsiamipswich

Agreed.

Although having been in the lower tier last night, to the left hand side, I didn't feel the atmosphere was particularly good from our fans given the sizable following. But perhaps it was just due to my positioning and the acoustics etc.

Poll: Who will return first?

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 16:28 - Feb 15 with 1352 viewsMetal_Hacker

Agree with all that , the travelling fans sounded superb ALL night !!

Thing for me that changed the game was that Hutch “injury” - think that was a reset moment for sure and definitely intentional
[Post edited 15 Feb 16:29]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 18:26 - Feb 15 with 1073 viewsITFC_Forever

+5.

Normality is restored.

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 18:36 - Feb 15 with 1022 viewsBugs

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 16:26 - Feb 15 by iamipswich

Agreed.

Although having been in the lower tier last night, to the left hand side, I didn't feel the atmosphere was particularly good from our fans given the sizable following. But perhaps it was just due to my positioning and the acoustics etc.

Town fans sounded fantastic watching on the TV.
[Post edited 15 Feb 19:31]
Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 18:46 - Feb 15 with 974 views_clive_baker_

Probably an element of truth in that in fairness. He knows how to head a ball, and down into the ground is what you're taught as a kid, but there was certainly a slice of luck about that one.

As you say he did show some nice touches, showed a few heavy ones too but all players are guilty of that. I think he's an absolute handful, occupies defenders, backs in, looks after the ball and is very handy aerially (in both boxes). He's not quite as mobile as Hirst but he brings a lot of what we've missed since GH got injured and is vindicating those of us that were keen on him when the initial links surfaced. We've scored 9 goals in the 2.5 games since he stepped back over the white line in a Town shirt, 8 of which he's been on the pitch for and 3 of them he's scored himself. As many Town goals in the 2.5 games he's played as the 8.5 that came before it. There's definitely some nuance to it in terms of the level of opponent but certainly demonstrates how important a proper #9 is in our system to both offer a goal threat and create the conditions in which those around him can thrive.
Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 19:18 - Feb 15 with 864 viewsITFC_Forever

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 18:46 - Feb 15 by _clive_baker_

Probably an element of truth in that in fairness. He knows how to head a ball, and down into the ground is what you're taught as a kid, but there was certainly a slice of luck about that one.

As you say he did show some nice touches, showed a few heavy ones too but all players are guilty of that. I think he's an absolute handful, occupies defenders, backs in, looks after the ball and is very handy aerially (in both boxes). He's not quite as mobile as Hirst but he brings a lot of what we've missed since GH got injured and is vindicating those of us that were keen on him when the initial links surfaced. We've scored 9 goals in the 2.5 games since he stepped back over the white line in a Town shirt, 8 of which he's been on the pitch for and 3 of them he's scored himself. As many Town goals in the 2.5 games he's played as the 8.5 that came before it. There's definitely some nuance to it in terms of the level of opponent but certainly demonstrates how important a proper #9 is in our system to both offer a goal threat and create the conditions in which those around him can thrive.

Yep, and he won several vital “first contacts” in our box when he was back defending set pieces.

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 19:28 - Feb 15 with 799 viewsNthQldITFC

Is now a good time to suggest Moore's goal was a fluke... on 18:46 - Feb 15 by _clive_baker_

Barnes Wallace spent ages pissing about with marbles before he perfected what Keith did so nonchalantly last night.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024