Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Apprentice 21:40 - Feb 1 with 1527 viewsSitfcB

OMG. The second hand embarrassment is as real as ever.

Cringe fest.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The Apprentice on 22:10 - Feb 1 with 1430 viewsBlueBadger

They should just rename that show 'Live Action Dunning-Kruger' and have done with it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Apprentice on 22:18 - Feb 1 with 1410 viewsfactual_blue

The Apprentice on 22:10 - Feb 1 by BlueBadger

They should just rename that show 'Live Action Dunning-Kruger' and have done with it.

The best way forward would be to simply shoot those who are successful in their applications for the show. Then we wouldn't have to watch it, and the gene pool gets stronger.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Apprentice on 22:24 - Feb 1 with 1384 viewsblueasfook

The men's team were a shambles. The lot of them should have been fired
[Post edited 1 Feb 22:24]

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The Apprentice on 00:09 - Feb 2 with 1271 viewsRyorry

The Apprentice is back tonight. by Ryorry 1 Feb 18:57
I'm still blocked by Sugar on Twitter because a few years ago I told him the programme was outdated & flawed (I said the apprentices' should be interrogated by Claude about their business plans at the beginning of each series, not the end).

My telling him he should fire himself might have been the clincher though ... [angel]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Apprentice on 07:01 - Feb 2 with 1150 viewsBlueBadger

The Apprentice on 00:09 - Feb 2 by Ryorry

I'm still blocked by Sugar on Twitter because a few years ago I told him the programme was outdated & flawed (I said the apprentices' should be interrogated by Claude about their business plans at the beginning of each series, not the end).

My telling him he should fire himself might have been the clincher though ... [angel]

The Apprentice, 2024. by BlueBadger 30 Jan 14:05
The only guide to this years contestants you need.
https://twitter.com/joeheenan/status/1751934638958768187

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Apprentice on 08:17 - Feb 2 with 1058 viewsNumber22

I don't understand why they don't take serious entrepreneurs onboard with companies already started and turning over minimum 100k PA. With a view to getting a big asset on board (Sugar) to develop their business further? a bit like Dragons Den, but they have to work towards it on the show... not people fresh out of Uni who have a wild dream who think Instagramming is a career.
The Apprentice on 08:32 - Feb 2 with 1022 viewsMattinLondon

The show is fundamentally designed to make people look idiotic. Put people in unfamiliar situations and let the camera roll. Or criticise them for designing a poor product - which in the real world would take months or years to develop and market.
The Apprentice on 08:51 - Feb 2 with 968 viewsEdwardStone

The Apprentice on 08:32 - Feb 2 by MattinLondon

The show is fundamentally designed to make people look idiotic. Put people in unfamiliar situations and let the camera roll. Or criticise them for designing a poor product - which in the real world would take months or years to develop and market.

Yes, it is exactly this..... get young people with high self-regard and limited experience to try something that would take skilled people years to achieve.

I work in tv and am currently developing on a medical based version of The Apprentice....working title "So...You Wanna Be A Doctor?"

Featuring BlueBadger in the fearsome Sugar role, it aims to give hopeless dreamers the chance to have a valiant go at surgery with the golden prize being a 2 week intensive course at some as-yet unidentified Medical School

Tasks for the candidates would be split into 2 teams and given a series of increasingly complicated tasks

Week 1, Treat Ingrowing Toenail

Week 2, Perform a Hip Replacement

Week 3, Trepanning.... ( lighthearted and played for laughs)

Weeks 4 and 5 tba

Culminating in Week 6 where they get to perform a kidney transplant

At all times they will be accompanied by a mentor who will not provide any help or guidance, but will pull faces at the camera and sneer at appropriate moments as the deluded fools slice open their victim

Each week a team will be told they are losers if their patient dies or the other team's patient lives a bit longer than theirs.

Do you reckon this show sounds like a winner?
Login to get fewer ads

The Apprentice on 08:54 - Feb 2 with 949 viewsRyorry

The Apprentice on 08:17 - Feb 2 by Number22

I don't understand why they don't take serious entrepreneurs onboard with companies already started and turning over minimum 100k PA. With a view to getting a big asset on board (Sugar) to develop their business further? a bit like Dragons Den, but they have to work towards it on the show... not people fresh out of Uni who have a wild dream who think Instagramming is a career.

That’s far too sensible an idea. Apparently it’s much more appropriate to select a bunch of randos, then boot them out on their inability to create delicious new recipes within an hour, even though neither food nor cooking has any relevance whatsoever to their businesses.

The Apprentice on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 928 viewsRyorry

The Apprentice on 08:51 - Feb 2 by EdwardStone

Yes, it is exactly this..... get young people with high self-regard and limited experience to try something that would take skilled people years to achieve.

I work in tv and am currently developing on a medical based version of The Apprentice....working title "So...You Wanna Be A Doctor?"

Featuring BlueBadger in the fearsome Sugar role, it aims to give hopeless dreamers the chance to have a valiant go at surgery with the golden prize being a 2 week intensive course at some as-yet unidentified Medical School

Tasks for the candidates would be split into 2 teams and given a series of increasingly complicated tasks

Weeks 4 and 5 tba

At all times they will be accompanied by a mentor who will not provide any help or guidance, but will pull faces at the camera and sneer at appropriate moments as the deluded fools slice open their victim

Each week a team will be told they are losers if their patient dies or the other team's patient lives a bit longer than theirs.

Haha, hadn’t seen before posting mine.

My upvote doesn’t imply approval btw!

The Apprentice on 09:22 - Feb 2 with 872 viewsMattinLondon

The Apprentice on 08:51 - Feb 2 by EdwardStone

Weeks 4 and 5 tba

I’m pretty sure you’re onto a winner. But maybe you’ve gone too fast in Week 2? Maybe save that for Week 8. May I suggest get a couple of young models in for Week 2 and then let each team suggest what plastic surgeries each individual needs? Obviously both models will be naked.

It incorporates everything needed in cheap reality shows - nudity, destroying someone’s self worth and sneering comments. A sort of ‘Naked Attraction meets The Apprentice meets So, you wanna be a doctor.
The Apprentice on 10:38 - Feb 2 with 807 viewsnorthants

The Apprentice on 00:09 - Feb 2 by Ryorry

Since the prize became an investment rather than a job, I've long argued that the format is flawed:
- Consider the possibility of an absolute imbecile of a candidate (not too tough eh!?) but with a business plan that turns tin into gold.
- Then consider a stand-out candidate; a true business leader with top notch commercial insight, a finance wizard and all the attributes to make CEO of a FTSE 100 business....but that candidate has a really poor business plan (maybe they got unlucky with a legislation change that makes it a non-starter).

Which one gets the investment.....ok an unlikely scenario but it proves the flaw!?
The Apprentice on 10:45 - Feb 2 with 796 viewsblueasfook

The Apprentice on 10:38 - Feb 2 by northants

Since the prize became an investment rather than a job, I've long argued that the format is flawed:
- Consider the possibility of an absolute imbecile of a candidate (not too tough eh!?) but with a business plan that turns tin into gold.
- Then consider a stand-out candidate; a true business leader with top notch commercial insight, a finance wizard and all the attributes to make CEO of a FTSE 100 business....but that candidate has a really poor business plan (maybe they got unlucky with a legislation change that makes it a non-starter).

Which one gets the investment.....ok an unlikely scenario but it proves the flaw!?

Let's not also forget The Apprentice gave us Katie Hopkins.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The Apprentice on 11:14 - Feb 2 with 750 viewsRobTheMonk

It's a parody of itself nowadays.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024