Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? 17:00 - Jan 22 with 1185 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/01/21/labour-private-school-vat-raid-hurt-

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:06 - Jan 22 with 1124 viewsDanTheMan

On a similar note.

I know it's PoliticsJoe but some of the answers are hilarious. Guy in the blue jacket though, he's got his head screwed on right.
[Post edited 22 Jan 17:27]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:22 - Jan 22 with 1064 viewsgiant_stow

grrrr., that article's really pissed me off.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:25 - Jan 22 with 1040 viewsredrickstuhaart

The "less welathy" by most people's standards, don't have the ability to send kids to private school.
Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:28 - Jan 22 with 1024 viewsHerbivore

It takes quite a degree of cognitive dissonance to be spending £15k a year on school fees whilst claiming to not be wealthy. They aren't wealthy compared to the top 1% but compared to the average person on the street, they are wealthy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:32 - Jan 22 with 987 viewsredrickstuhaart

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:06 - Jan 22 by DanTheMan

On a similar note.

I know it's PoliticsJoe but some of the answers are hilarious. Guy in the blue jacket though, he's got his head screwed on right.

There is some merit in those answers. Not a huge issue in the scheme of things but my Dad never bought lunch at work or takeaway coffee etc as is very common now. Over time it adds up. But not to the level needed now for house purchasing.
Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:36 - Jan 22 with 967 viewsDubtractor

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:28 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

It takes quite a degree of cognitive dissonance to be spending £15k a year on school fees whilst claiming to not be wealthy. They aren't wealthy compared to the top 1% but compared to the average person on the street, they are wealthy.

Also, I note that they share what his salary is, but not hers....

But regardless, if you can find a spare £15k a year for schooling then you are wealthy compared to a lot of the country, and it looks pretty poor to try and claim otherwise.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:38 - Jan 22 with 958 viewsDanTheMan

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:32 - Jan 22 by redrickstuhaart

There is some merit in those answers. Not a huge issue in the scheme of things but my Dad never bought lunch at work or takeaway coffee etc as is very common now. Over time it adds up. But not to the level needed now for house purchasing.

Well yes, obviously you can save money doing those things but if you're trying to save £30,000, not buying the odd coffee or takeaway isn't going to cut it. Even if you spend say £5 a day on lunch and a coffee every single day, that wouldn't even get you to £2,000 a year.

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:38 - Jan 22 with 948 viewsDanTheMan

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:36 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

Also, I note that they share what his salary is, but not hers....

But regardless, if you can find a spare £15k a year for schooling then you are wealthy compared to a lot of the country, and it looks pretty poor to try and claim otherwise.

I spotted that, very convenient.

Login to get fewer ads

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:45 - Jan 22 with 919 viewsBlueschev

These poor people. Should we set up a just giving page?
Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:56 - Jan 22 with 876 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 17:06 - Jan 22 by DanTheMan

On a similar note.

Sadly voting patterns show that he's not Normal for Norfolk!
Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 18:04 - Jan 22 with 857 viewsfactual_blue

What three dreadful looking people. Are they meant to appeal to torygraph readers?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 18:23 - Jan 22 with 802 viewsfactual_blue

The poor lad has dyslexia. This is an interesting read on that topic.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/sep/17/battle-over-dyslexia-warwickshire-s

There is also academic controversy over ADHD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder_controver

Now I would be the last person to suggest that entitled middle class parents are keen to find explanations about their under-performing child.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 18:23 - Jan 22 with 793 viewsBugs

We should do a Finland and get rid of the lot of them (private schools, that is). All of a sudden, our education system would get the funding it needs in this country.
Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 19:57 - Jan 22 with 597 viewsbrazil1982

Could they not just cancel their Netflix and buy fewer avocados? on 18:23 - Jan 22 by Bugs

We should do a Finland and get rid of the lot of them (private schools, that is). All of a sudden, our education system would get the funding it needs in this country.

How would getting rid of private schools increase the education budget?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024