Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role 07:37 - Jan 13 with 2591 viewsEricsGate

Would bring players into play
Intelligent
Quick
Strong
Great in the air
Knows where the net is
Takes half chances
[Post edited 13 Jan 7:37]

Poll: Positive or Negative towards Paul Cook..,?

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 07:39 - Jan 13 with 2401 viewsPerublue

You know what I think you could be on to something here.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 08:00 - Jan 13 with 2316 viewsmo_itfc

Takes half chances...
That's enough for me to give him the no.9 role!

I actually think you're on to something there. I doubt it will happen though, Jackson will probably start.

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 08:19 - Jan 13 with 2232 viewsPinewoodblue

Broadhead & Taylor to switch in and out of 9 role but would require a high level of understanding between front 4.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 08:29 - Jan 13 with 2203 viewsNutkins_Return

I'm not sure I see the fit other than 'could do a job'. I think it grossly underestimates the skillet and as poor as he has been in the last couple of games I don't think Taylor over ight becomes a better number 9 then Ladapo. Or Jackson.

Broadhead would be the pick for me with Sarmiento or Hutchinson able to play behind. Broadhead has experience playing 9 and nas the touch and back to goal play. Taylor would be a lottery back to goal.

Taylor wouldn't have any experience or any of the arts of timing /curving your run etc etc at professional level. Broadhead does.
[Post edited 13 Jan 8:31]
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 08:39 - Jan 13 with 2123 viewsexeterblue10

I had exactly the same thought - think he could do a good job there.
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 09:32 - Jan 13 with 1935 viewsBlue_badge

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 08:29 - Jan 13 by Nutkins_Return

I'm not sure I see the fit other than 'could do a job'. I think it grossly underestimates the skillet and as poor as he has been in the last couple of games I don't think Taylor over ight becomes a better number 9 then Ladapo. Or Jackson.

Broadhead would be the pick for me with Sarmiento or Hutchinson able to play behind. Broadhead has experience playing 9 and nas the touch and back to goal play. Taylor would be a lottery back to goal.

Taylor wouldn't have any experience or any of the arts of timing /curving your run etc etc at professional level. Broadhead does.
[Post edited 13 Jan 8:31]

" I think it grossly underestimates the skillet" - my uncle ran a cafe, until the food poisoning scandal, and always felt skillets were under appreciated.
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 09:40 - Jan 13 with 1895 viewsSheffordBlue

I think if we were going to try something like this we'd have tried it at AFC Wimbledon. Even Broadhead was only used as the 9 for short periods late in games rather than from the off.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:03 - Jan 13 with 1803 viewsgainsboroughblue

Where have all the makeshift strikers gone?

I can remember under Lyall, we used Stockwell, Redford, Wark up front in the same season.

And who can forget Paul Warhurst at Sheff Weds.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:09 - Jan 13 with 1774 viewsBlueForYou

Good idea, or Chaplin up there with Taylor in his place. Puts a lot of goalscorers on the pitch, that can't be bad. None of them will do everything Hirst does but a different look keeps us moving forward. Like it.
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:13 - Jan 13 with 1754 viewstextbackup

That’s honestly a bloody good ide

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:16 - Jan 13 with 1730 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:03 - Jan 13 by gainsboroughblue

I can remember under Lyall, we used Stockwell, Redford, Wark up front in the same season.

I love a "Centre Back as makeshift Centre Forward". And Ipswich have had more than a few:

Matt Elliott got thrown up there, and was very effective.

Christophe Berra would sometimes stay up top if we were desperately chasing a goal late in a game.

Town had a couple of "Equally at home as Centre Backs or Centre Forwards" in Richard Naylor and Ian Marshall.

And, bizarrely, Arsenal signed Paul Mariner from us and played him in Central Defence.

Of our current players, Tuanzebe might be the best fit for the role, or Harry Clarke as he played for our Academy teams as an attacker.
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:21 - Jan 13 with 1697 views_clive_baker_

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:16 - Jan 13 by ArnoldMoorhen

I love a "Centre Back as makeshift Centre Forward". And Ipswich have had more than a few:

Matt Elliott got thrown up there, and was very effective.

Christophe Berra would sometimes stay up top if we were desperately chasing a goal late in a game.

Town had a couple of "Equally at home as Centre Backs or Centre Forwards" in Richard Naylor and Ian Marshall.

And, bizarrely, Arsenal signed Paul Mariner from us and played him in Central Defence.

Of our current players, Tuanzebe might be the best fit for the role, or Harry Clarke as he played for our Academy teams as an attacker.

Games gone. I loved a centre forward cum centre back.

Dion Dublin is another that springs to mind. I have a feeling Chris Sutton did as well but might be misremembering that.
Oli Hawkins. Shudder. (n/t) on 10:29 - Jan 13 with 1647 viewsBloots

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:21 - Jan 13 by _clive_baker_

Dion Dublin is another that springs to mind. I have a feeling Chris Sutton did as well but might be misremembering that.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:30 - Jan 13 with 1626 viewsKeno

Let me correct that for you

Dion Dublin is another that springs to mind. I have a feeling Chris Sutton Knob did as well but might be misremembering that.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 1566 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Think he’s starting today but not as the 9.
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 1559 viewsStevieH

Ian Marshall
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 12:40 - Jan 13 with 1365 viewsnorfsufblue

Not to mention using an out and out centre forward as a extremely dangerous right winger / midfielder
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 12:45 - Jan 13 with 1332 viewsTrequartista

And vice versa, Mich D'Avray at centre-half, Mariner at centre-half for Arsenal.

But yes, Paul Warhurst is the one that sticks out. He went up front and couldn't stop scoring for quite a significant time, so they had to keep him there until they found out he wasn't that great.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 12:46 - Jan 13 with 1329 viewsTrequartista

Both of them definitely, if i also recall correctly.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 12:55 - Jan 13 with 1266 viewsnorfsufblue

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 12:45 - Jan 13 by Trequartista

And vice versa, Mich D'Avray at centre-half, Mariner at centre-half for Arsenal.

But yes, Paul Warhurst is the one that sticks out. He went up front and couldn't stop scoring for quite a significant time, so they had to keep him there until they found out he wasn't that great.

I have suggested using Elkan Baggot in this role as he is clearly a very good footballer and I think would have the intelligence to take on this as a new string to his bow , let's be honest he's probably the most threatening c/h at attacking corners when he is on the pitch
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 13:41 - Jan 13 with 1155 viewsPerublue

Did Scowie do it too (both roles.. at the back and up front ? or is my memory off,on Taylor and Hirst ... also height wise and build quite similar too to add to the OP reasoning.
[Post edited 13 Jan 13:43]

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 13:48 - Jan 13 with 1109 viewsNutkins_Return

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 09:32 - Jan 13 by Blue_badge

" I think it grossly underestimates the skillet" - my uncle ran a cafe, until the food poisoning scandal, and always felt skillets were under appreciated.

Haha I'm not even editing that!
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 13:51 - Jan 13 with 1090 viewsNutkins_Return

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 10:30 - Jan 13 by Keno

Let me correct that for you

Dion Dublin is another that springs to mind. I have a feeling Chris Sutton Knob did as well but might be misremembering that.

Think everyone is forgetting the ultimate CB/Striker and we had the honour of having him on our books. Oli Hawkins.
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 13:57 - Jan 13 with 1059 viewsnorfsufblue

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 13:51 - Jan 13 by Nutkins_Return

Think everyone is forgetting the ultimate CB/Striker and we had the honour of having him on our books. Oli Hawkins.

We actually bought Ian Marshall as an already converted centre half didn't we?
Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 13:58 - Jan 13 with 1051 viewsFrimleyBlue

Play Jack Taylor in the no. 9 role on 13:51 - Jan 13 by Nutkins_Return

Never know. We might get him back on deadline day.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024