Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder what VAR would have made of this 21:36 - Nov 6 with 1810 viewsKeno

Any of you lot there that day?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 21:45 - Nov 6 with 1717 viewsWestover

Easy decision for them they would let it stand. 🤔😂
I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 21:51 - Nov 6 with 1700 viewsWeWereZombies

I was there, my first away game and my stupid fifteen year old self didn't find the opposition supporters section and went into, a surprisingly sparse, Shed. A bit heart in mouth when I thought Hudson had scored but then saw the ball bounce back out across the touchline on the right of the goal and though 'oh. close one.' No one could believe it when the referee awarded a goal and I think the game was played out in a disgruntled and downbeat fashion. When I was walking back along the Kings Road someone said to their mate 'Ipswich supporter' gesturing in my direction (I had taken off my scarf after a while when I realised I was in the wrong section but obviously the sight of a gormless lone fifteen year old sticks in people's minds) so i hurried along to the tube station and got home safely.

I think this goal led to a rule change and stanchions had to be altered at all League grounds to prevent a repeat of the error. Think it was just a 'tut tut' on the football highlights, imagine the histrionics Lineker, Ian Wright and co. would have made if that happened now.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 21:55 - Nov 6 with 1681 viewsGlasgowBlue

Wish we had VAR for this game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:08 - Nov 6 with 1605 viewsChurchman

No, I wasn’t there. I remember it though. It made the papers as ‘the goal that never was’. What the ref was thinking of, goodness knows.
I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:12 - Nov 6 with 1590 viewsTrequartista

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:08 - Nov 6 by Churchman

No, I wasn’t there. I remember it though. It made the papers as ‘the goal that never was’. What the ref was thinking of, goodness knows.

I think its happened again twice since then. Crystal Palace in the 80s maybe Clive Allen i'm thinking, and then again more recently was it Reading, i think i remember the referee we had recently.

That's all very vague i'll look it up.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:18 - Nov 6 with 1526 viewsKeno

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:12 - Nov 6 by Trequartista

I think its happened again twice since then. Crystal Palace in the 80s maybe Clive Allen i'm thinking, and then again more recently was it Reading, i think i remember the referee we had recently.

That's all very vague i'll look it up.

Stuart Atwell

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:19 - Nov 6 with 1521 viewsKeno

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 21:55 - Nov 6 by GlasgowBlue

Wish we had VAR for this game.

Was in the shed that evening, still struggle to accept that result

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:19 - Nov 6 with 1518 viewsTrequartista

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:18 - Nov 6 by Keno

Stuart Atwell

Ah yes, he's of course now refereeing premier league matches, not us e.g. Arsenal v Newcastle on Saturday

Clive allen was the opposite, he scored and it wasn't given

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:29 - Nov 6 with 1451 viewsbluefunk

I was there Keno, at the end the goal was scored, complete disbelief all around when he gave that. I can still remember the refs name, Roy Capey, never ref’d us again.
I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:31 - Nov 6 with 1432 viewsKeno

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:29 - Nov 6 by bluefunk

I was there Keno, at the end the goal was scored, complete disbelief all around when he gave that. I can still remember the refs name, Roy Capey, never ref’d us again.

It must have been surreal

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:48 - Nov 6 with 1397 viewsbluefunk

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:31 - Nov 6 by Keno

It must have been surreal

It was.That and feckin dangerous afterwards….
I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 08:02 - Nov 7 with 1144 viewsFixed_It

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 22:19 - Nov 6 by Keno

Was in the shed that evening, still struggle to accept that result

Listening on your transistor whilst potting a few plants?
Should have gone to the match, Keno!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 08:49 - Nov 7 with 1098 viewsblueislander

I was there.
I wonder what VAR would have made of this on 12:50 - Nov 7 with 974 viewsColin_Viljoen

North stand would sing;

If it hits the side netting it's a goal!
If it hits the side netting it's a goal!
repeat......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024